Possible move to Miami - Educate Me

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Quick background, my wife applied for a job within her company that would move us from Orange County, CA to the Miami area. It's a sales regional director, so there isn't an office she would need to go to, just the Miami area. Combined we currently make $350K, but this position would pay her $450K, so even if I became a trophy husband it's a decent pay increase.

For those familiar with the area, what are the pros and cons of this? How's the cost of living there (can't be worse than CA)? How's the quality of life there? Decent area for quiet family life (2yr old and 5 yr old)? Are there neighborhoods we could get a roughly 4000 sq ft home with a yard, and what do those cost? I have never been there, so I have absolutely no idea. Thanks everybody!

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Miami used to be one of my favorite cities in Florida. Been visiting here since the 80’s. Grandparents bought in Delray Beach in the 80’s and parents bought in boca Raton in the 90’s.

Now. No ****in way would I live there. It’s dangerous inundated with criminals and you better speak spamish.
The schools suck so your kids have to go to private and the traffic up and down the east coast sucks.
The whole state is full but I’m sure you can live outside of Miami and make this work. But just look at what is going on over there right now with the spring break crowds.

If you can afford to live in Fisher island that’s the top spot.

I live in Naples and that’s about a 2 hour commute.

7upstang

Established Member
Pros- It's in Florida
Cons- It's Miami

I avoid Miami like the plague. Traffic is insane, people are worse. Better know Spanish.

If you could live a little north of Miami you would be fine. Your wife would have to commute.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Nope. I personally don’t like big cities. Not to sound repetitive TRAFFIC SUCKS!
( yes I was yelling)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Let me add,do some research and visit for a week or two in May/June/ July - the “off season”

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LS WUT

Established Member
All I’m gonna say is Scarface was made in Miami hah. There is an old saying. Go fishing in Miami you’re bound to catch a Cuban.

A 4,000 SQFT house in Miami would be hella expensive. However If you’re making $450k a year it’s chump change.

LS WUT

Established Member
8A034734-6401-4985-9A7F-ECF1A1624333.jpeg

VegasMichael

Established Member
There is literally nowhere in the U.S. that anyone will tell you is a good place to live. And if they do, just as many will tell you it is awful.

Users who are viewing this thread