post boost air temp

sikryd

Established Member
I have a 2011 GT500, and have installed an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. There are two Air Intake Temp settings, but I can only get one to come up and actually work. I'm assuming that this is pre-supercharger temp. Does the 2011 not have an air temp sensor for post supercharger? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yes, it does have a sensor after the SC, but the last time I read up on this....due to coding changes in the 2011 PCM, the Aeroforce gauge isn't able to read IAT2 from the PCM, only IAT1 (pre SC sensor).

You can get more clarity for your issue here.

Aeroforce 2011 GT500 IAT issues

Last edited:

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
hmmm... I was hoping that update would have been done by now. I just ordered the aeroforce gauges. I also thought that perhaps the one IAT IS the post SC intake temp and the pre is called something else.

sikryd

Established Member
I sent an email to the manufacturer, hope to have an answer soon. I care not about the pre-supercharger temps, I want to know how well my dual fan H/E is working in this hot, humid Hawaii weather.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Wow, I didnt know that was so with the newer cars. Being able to see what downstreams AT's on the street was always a good thing to know. Hopefully they can figure out a fix or solution.

One thing I do know is when spraying nitrous I only saw 15* drops with a 75 shot. I thought the cooling effect of nitrous on my car would have been greater but Van and I confirmed differently.

sikryd

Established Member
Any update on this?

I got no response from emailing them, so about 2 months later I called. They said that they still need to figure out how to access / read the data in the 2011+ and need a car to use as a test subject. I'm in Hawaii, so can't be me...

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
You could always ship it to them for guess work. I spoke with them earlier this year by email and you won't get much response from emailing him. Best to call. Now that the weather is hot and humid is going to suck. Will be there in march. Shipping the truck so guess I'll see how well the HE works on that since I can monitor both IATs lol. Say island is big enough to cut the fool anyway. Having a bright red car wouldn't help lol

Van@RevanRacing

:??:

Could you explain - not familiar with DMR. Is it accessible through OBDII that the gauges/loggers use?

It's currently selected in SCT data logging as a DMR and not a PID. You have to select it in the tables to log it when configuring a datalogging config file.

I've told Todd at Aeroforce about it and he's working on a solution.

It's not from lack of effort there just in no information on this parameter. Last time we had a 2012 GT500 here, in late November, we could not access it and even tried other aftermarket devices such as SCT, Diabosport, or AutoEnginuity. Now I'm hearing that SCT may be able to access it so that proves that it can be done so we'll get back on it. DMR's are difficult though, these are memory access parameters and can be different for every new calibration Ford has done for these cars. Result, you could have as many IAT2 parameters as there are catch codes or PCM calibrations which is not practical in our application. SCT Livewrie is PC based and can access a database, we have limited memory. Why Ford removed it from the PID list where it's been since the 2003 Cobras is beyond me. It makes it that much harder for owners to monitor their modified cars - maybe that's why they did it.

I'm also looking at other options to monitor this relatively easy.

Todd

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Thank you Todd, you have always been very up front and honest and responded to questions. Keep up the great work! love the gauges!

500_man

Established Member
Thanks for the update.

I said how annoyed I was at Ford for doing this - it makes no sense at all - why piss off your high-end users who have had access to this most critical parameter for many years?

Users who are viewing this thread