Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Thanks! It was always a toss up between Red Candy w black stripes or Sterling Grey w black stripes. Both look great IMHO.

View attachment 1463637

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mannnnnnnnn...... there’s a red candy for sale just down the road from me. That thing sure is pretty. Oh the temptation. LOL. I don’t know if I can get rid of my Vert though.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s snowing so I was looking at track pics and motivation to go 9s this year :)
-J

Attachments

• B820B71C-594A-4D50-8E69-2CF3FF16803B.jpeg
    B820B71C-594A-4D50-8E69-2CF3FF16803B.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 244
  • A89FB6F5-748C-41D7-A92E-95E3AF0B3A7C.jpeg
    A89FB6F5-748C-41D7-A92E-95E3AF0B3A7C.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 9202A334-C343-44AB-A0A1-ECAD6A603FF1.jpeg
    9202A334-C343-44AB-A0A1-ECAD6A603FF1.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 241
  • B970A634-F6F1-4032-9446-029255B29ECD.jpeg
    B970A634-F6F1-4032-9446-029255B29ECD.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 282

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice upgrade I'm sure you'll be happy when done.
Devil on shoulder again, but just look at those factory manifolds sitting their asking to be replaced by headers
J/k buddy
-J

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I know I know.......after my part 2 mods I'll see when this year's US T/giving comes around.

BTW, headers would be easiest to install with no K in place but still a bit better with a tubular K vs. the stock K right?

Last edited:

mwilson6192

Established Member
2014 GT500 Convertible ... had to wait until I could renew Photobucket with a reasonable plan with 3rd party hosting privileges. Just did so ...

At Carlisle Ford Nationals parade in downtown Carlisle, PA:
20140607_203943_zpswfgpld6p.jpg

At local Cars & Coffee:
Shelby%20One_zpstrspuxqm.jpg

Her interior:
34914362972_00725904a2_o_zpspvjp9c7w.jpg

At local Cars & Coffee:
34914362082_9800293578_o_zpscyel3wtr.jpg

Her power:
Whipple%20Big%20Air%20Dyno_zpsjdf0y3ti.jpg

In her bed with her sibling:
20160802_174512_zpszyzgzj0y.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great pics guys.
Lots of good stuff going on there Kurt.

Wilson:
Not sure if you have tried uploading right from your phone but it actually works great instead of the photobucket issues.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't want to take BCs thunder but they are usually controlled by a spring that will open the wastegate at a set PSI and bypass flow just like an exhaust cutout would.
You can also electronically or mechanically control the opening pressure remotely and it'll be interesting to see the operating parameters that BC finds optimal for this application.
Again, badass alternative to the standard cutout!
-J

Bad Company

Established Member
They are indeed Tial Sport V60D turbo wastegates. They have a smaller diameter heavy duty diaphragm than a standard wastegate does. They are really designed for up to 120 psi of CO2 to be applied to the top of the diaphragm to allow a larger range of adjustment/control of the opening point versus the older style wastegates that use much lower pressures applied to the top of the diaphragm with higher pressure diaphragm springs. The V60D can be ordered with a 3 psi or a 5.9 psi spring. If you vent the top of the diaphragm to atmosphere then the opening point is the spring pressure inside the diaphragm. I choose the 5.9 psi spring, so the opening point will be 5.9 psi. I have a Fore Innovation vacuum/boost manifold in the engine compartment that is plumbed to the lower portion of the intake manifold. From this I plumbed 1/4" line down to the wastegates for the boost signal to open the gates at the 5.9 psi of boost. I also have a Parker XM Series 4 port electric solenoid valve plumbed int o the boost reference line to be able to keep them closed. If at a later date I want to install a CO2 tank I will then have infinite control of the opening psi with a wastegate controller or other type of aftermarket EFI system on the car.

The reason for the gates over anything else is it will open the instant boost goes over the 5.9 psi of the spring in the diaphragm. I don't have to control it, I don't have to worry about it. It should work whenever I stick my foot in the throttle. I can opt to the 3 psi spring if I find that the 5.9 isn't allowing them to open soon enough to release exhaust back pressure.

This wasn't designed to be a dump in what people usually think of. I am trying to simulate a 3.75" exhaust system from the header collector to the rear of the car. Mathematically the area of a circle in the wastegate valve along with the lift of the valve off of the seat and the 3" exhaust pipe after the 4" H-Pipe will be equivalent to a complete 3.75" diameter exhaust system under the car.

Is it innovative? Possibly. Is it different? Definitely. Will it work as intended? We will see.

The Boss Mustangs gave me this idea to try. Now all I need to do is to get the car to the dyno and tuner to see how well she runs. Unfortunately yesterday's blizzard and the earlier Northeastern storm last week have delayed this from happening. Tuesday I talked with the tuner and we decided to put tuning on hold until the weather is much better for me to transport the car to him.

The Resurrection of "The Accuser" is almost here

Last edited:

Dinosgt

Established Member
They are indeed Tial Sport V60D turbo wastegates. They have a smaller diameter heavy duty diaphragm than a standard wastegate does. They are really designed for up to 120 psi of CO2 to be applied to the top of the diaphragm to allow a larger range of adjustment/control of the opening point versus the older style wastegates that use much lower pressures applied to the top of the diaphragm with higher pressure diaphragm springs. The V60D can be ordered with a 3 psi or a 5.9 psi spring. If you vent the top of the diaphragm to atmosphere then the opening point is the spring pressure inside the diaphragm. I choose the 5.9 psi spring, so the opening point will be 5.9 psi. I have a Fore Innovation vacuum/boost manifold in the engine compartment that is plumbed to the lower portion of the intake manifold. From this I plumbed 1/4" line down to the wastegates for the boost signal to open the gates at the 5.9 psi of boost. I also have a Parker XM Series 4 port electric solenoid valve plumbed int o the boost reference line to be able to keep them closed. If at a later date I want to install a CO2 tank I will then have infinite control of the opening psi with a wastegate controller or other type of aftermarket EFI system on the car.

The reason for the gates over anything else is it will open the instant boost goes over the 5.9 psi of the spring in the diaphragm. I don't have to control it, I don't have to worry about it. It should work whenever I stick my foot in the throttle. I can opt to the 3 psi spring if I find that the 5.9 isn't allowing them to open soon enough to release exhaust back pressure.

This wasn't designed to be a dump in what people usually think of. I am trying to simulate a 3.75" exhaust system from the header collector to the rear of the car. Mathematically the area of a circle in the wastegate valve along with the lift of the valve off of the seat and the 3" exhaust pipe after the 4" H-Pipe will be equivalent to a complete 3.75" diameter exhaust system under the car.

Is it innovative? Possibly. Is it different? Definitely. Will it work as intended? We will see.

The Boss Mustangs gave me this idea to try. Now all I need to do is to get the car to the dyno and tuner to see how well she runs. Unfortunately yesterday's blizzard and the earlier Northeastern storm last week have delayed this from happening. Tuesday I talked with the tuner and we decided to put tuning on hold until the weather is much better for me to transport the car to him.

The Resurrection of "The Accuser" is almost here

This is exactly the kind of response I was expecting out of this build sir. Awesome. Let us know how it works out.

Keep the pics coming.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread