Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
483289B1-917A-4FFE-A3DB-553FFB4E008F.jpeg

Waiting for winter so I can start my winter projects on her. Might have two or three more days to drive her before I put it on Jack stands.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Very basic setup really.
Steggy 4
BAP
Accufab single blade
3.1 upper 8# lower
Stock injectors
93 pump gas
Made I think 498hp? I’d have to look it up, just shy of 500.

UPR k-member - A-arms
Strange 10-way struts W/coil over
Viking double adjustable shocks
UPR double adjustable upper/lower control arms
Trick chassis relocation brackets on the 8.8 SRA
4:10 gears

The rear end was setup very well for instant center. Getting the shocks dialed in to separate.

Girlfriends dad saved the day picking us up with the trailer and finally got to pull something with his 7.3 Tremor.

Pulled the cover this morning. Looks like it exploded the spider gears in the Eaton Dif. Ring and pinion look fine.

View attachment 1767160View attachment 1767161View attachment 1767162View attachment 1767163
I did this same thing on my procharged GT. 28 spline solid axle. Launched at 4300 rpm on the 2 step. The spider gears ripped apart. Easy fix….I went 31 spline.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You know, it always drove me nuts when I saw some huge/gaudy dealer medallion being riveted or attached to a new vehicle. Stickers too. I removed plenty of them in my 57 years.:)

I flew out to Missouri to meet Nick and to pick this car up. Got to spend time with Nick's father too (great guy!). So when I got ready to roll out and drive back to NY I spotted the Chuck Anderson sticker on back...I turned and Nick was smiling. He said "you can peel it off easily enough if you want to." We both laughed. You know what? On it will stay. It represents the kick ass dealer out in the midwest that hooked me up.

An aside, I was shooting photos of the car when I noticed a woman taking photos of it as well behind me with her cell phone. She asked "who is Chuck Anderson?" I just told her it was a famous guy out in the heartland. She said "oh, fancy that" and took more pictures.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Do you reckon that this will may cause less comments about the "Honda Ricer Wing" on a Mustang......afaf?
I guess if you've never tracked then aero might seem foreign to you (not aimed at you, I dig what I see there). For me, it was spending the '18 IMSA Continental Series in the pits with Dean's team to get a good feel for the engineering behind the cars that Ford had approved. Watching the crew set up the cars for a given track, you learned how important minor suspension and wing adjustments could be, especially at 170mph+. At the time I had sold my GT350 and with fingers crossed that Ford would do a GT500, was sitting on a potential deal from Nick if they came out with one. I planned on acquiring a GT4 wing somehow once I saw that it would fit a standard S550 decklid. I got a kick out of the fact that Ford engineers used an actual GT4 wing for testing with the upcoming GT500, then emasculated it "for the pretty" and used it on CFTP cars.

z3-2-X3.jpg

GM didn't have a problem with height on the C7 ZR1 or even the ZLE for that matter, but Ford elected to drop it way down for production.

z1-2-X2.jpg

I get it, there's a lot of sensitive "enthusiasts" out there whereby form comes ahead of function. The Japanese car silliness doesn't help. Regardless, I know the roots and wanted to take advantage of the work done on more serious efforts that run well beyond cars and coffee or forum critiques.

i-DJR6GFg.jpg

Last edited:

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I guess if you've never tracked then aero might seem foreign to you (not aimed at you, I dig what I see there). For me, it was spending the '18 IMSA Continental Series in the pits with Dean's team to get a good feel for the engineering behind the cars that Ford had approved. Watching the crew set up the cars for a given track, you learned how important minor suspension and wing adjustments could be, especially at 170mph+. At the time I had sold my GT350 and with fingers crossed that Ford would do a GT500, was sitting on a potential deal from Nick if they came out with one. I planned on acquiring a GT4 wing somehow once I saw that it would fit a standard S550 decklid. I got a kick out of the fact that Ford engineers used an actual GT4 wing for testing with the upcoming GT500, then emasculated it "for the pretty" and used it on CFTP cars.

z3-2-X3.jpg

GM didn't have a problem with height on the C7 ZR1 or even the ZLE for that matter, but Ford elected to drop it way down for production.

z1-2-X2.jpg

I get it, there's a lot of sensitive "enthusiasts" out there whereby form comes ahead of function. The Japanese car silliness doesn't help. Regardless, I know the roots and wanted to take advantage of the work done on more serious efforts that run well beyond cars and coffee or forum critiques.

i-DJR6GFg.jpg
Dean is the king! I have been on track with him at VIR and man can that guy wheel.

I love everything about the wing and know it really adds significant downforce. A simple adjustment on mine can impact mileage on a trip which is crazy. Roush tested our cars at RA and in turn 1 the speed increased over 15mph by adding it. Pretty good $700 option back in 2008 if you ask me!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Mine was a little over 10x that cost. Not including another decklid, paint, etc. You got a good deal! And yes, Dean is, the man.

Users who are viewing this thread