Post Pics and driving impressions of your GT500

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Congrats on the GT500 John!!!!
I didn't know you had gotten one of these!
You should post up on HPJ about it.
Sweet ride! Now you need to come by for the pulley and tune. :beer:
Ryan

Oh I Definitely will be by when its time to do those. I am really really trying to keep the warranty as long as I can but as we all know that is tough. I installed the Roush axle back yesterday, LOVE IT, and now I have some gauges coming in the mail.

Ironically I already have an appointment to see Fastlane next Tuesday to have those gauges installed!

After saying good bye to the Cobra, man I am so happy to be back into a Mustang (muscle car) and enjoying the summer!

To keep on topic,
Original exhaust compared to Roush
undercarriage with exhaust removed
Roush exhaust installed ;)

NuclearPower

Established Member
New member, first post.

Hello all, be kind as this is my first post...I purchased a 2012 GT500 with the SVTPP in Black on Black back on Friday the 13th in May! Talk about the EVIL thing going on. I absolutely love the car:banana:. I will post pics when I get the car clean. I drive 100 miles a day and it smashes quite a few bugs. Three quick questions for you experienced folks: Slight banging sound from Passenger rear tire area, Does Watts link help hook up, What tires should I buy (I need all season as it is my DD).

32V SVT

Established Member
Hello all, be kind as this is my first post...I purchased a 2012 GT500 with the SVTPP in Black on Black back on Friday the 13th in May! Talk about the EVIL thing going on. I absolutely love the car:banana:. I will post pics when I get the car clean. I drive 100 miles a day and it smashes quite a few bugs. Three quick questions for you experienced folks: Slight banging sound from Passenger rear tire area, Does Watts link help hook up, What tires should I buy (I need all season as it is my DD).

Hi NP, I found this link from the Roush site...
ROUSH Performance: ROUSH Rear Wheel Hop Reduction Kit
I have a colleague with an 09 Shelby GT500, who has installed this which he says makes a noticeable difference. He's also running a Kenny Bell upgraded SC on the car, so he would definitely see and feel the benefits. I have one on order now, and should have it installed in a week or so.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Thanks for the link. Let me know what you think after you get it installed. Any idea about the tires? I think I am going to have to do that before anything else.

32V SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the link. Let me know what you think after you get it installed. Any idea about the tires? I think I am going to have to do that before anything else.

Hmm... There's probably another thread in this section (GT500) regarding tire recommendations... I have the SVTPP rims and wheels which do benefit from the G2 Supercar tires... Only draw back being the ridiculous price of those Goodyears... I'm actually considering another set of rims 19" at all fours and running another comparable performance tire that's hopefully a little more affordable. I have to say, the Goodyears are holding up pretty good. I dont' thrash on them with burnouts or crazy launches, but do enjoy the grippy traction in the turns. Also, another bummer is when you get the SVTPP setup, you don't get a spare tire... So I'm going to equip myself with a standard spare and Jack kit once I have the new wheels....

jg0001

Established Member
Here it is!

Built in June/July 2011... 2012 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue, w/ Oxford White Stripes

2hi55de.jpg

2lw3ig1.jpg

23ut1r5.jpg

t8pudy.jpg

2ivg1vc.jpg

14jn77s.jpg

20horhl.jpg

03cobrashadow

Established Member
Very nice! Buying the same color; however I would love a silver stripes in lieu of white but knowing they do not offer it. So my wife and I may go with the stripe delete.

32V SVT

Established Member
Here it is!

Built in June/July 2011... 2012 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue, w/ Oxford White Stripes
14jn77s.jpg

Congratulations! That is one sweet looking ride! Hey, can I ask you about the Recaro's? Does the drivers side seat retain all the electric adjustments as the stock seats? Thanks!

MeetMeAtThePark

Force Fed Snake
Established Member
Picked mine up on Saturday. As for driving impressions, it's one of the most impressive machines I've ever driven. It made the 300+ mile ride home easy and enjoyable, while getting 21.8mpg. The interior is incredibly nice especially with the electronics package. The SYNC is far beyond other touch screen/navigation/audio systems that I've had in other cars. Ford and SVT really did a good job on this car. It takes turns firm and with confidence and stays low. Really looking forward to some cruises around the area whenever the weather is nice. Anyone on the fence deciding between the 2010 or the 11-12, I highly recommend driving both. The 2011-12 with PP is a major advancement.

whiplash920

Established Member
Picked mine up on Saturday. As for driving impressions, it's one of the most impressive machines I've ever driven. It made the 300+ mile ride home easy and enjoyable, while getting 21.8mpg. The interior is incredibly nice especially with the electronics package. The SYNC is far beyond other touch screen/navigation/audio systems that I've had in other cars. Ford and SVT really did a good job on this car. It takes turns firm and with confidence and stays low. Really looking forward to some cruises around the area whenever the weather is nice. Anyone on the fence deciding between the 2010 or the 11-12, I highly recommend driving both. The 2011-12 with PP is a major advancement.

or get the 10' cheaper than the 11' or 12 with svtpp, get aftermarket suspension parts and still save a lot of money.

2012GT500

Here I am hunting em down at their own game!!!

Here's a few pics of me hunting them imports down...soon my friends- I will catch you and BITE!!!

dsc_0491.jpg

dsc_0348-1.jpg

and my new tags!!! (Could not believe these were available here in Hawaii!!!)
licenseplate-1.jpg

Last edited:

mk70ss

MK70SS
Established Member
Here's a few pics of me hunting them imports down...soon my friends- I will catch you and BITE!!!

dsc_0491.jpg

dsc_0348-1.jpg

and my new tags!!! (Could not believe these were available here in Hawaii!!!)
licenseplate-1.jpg

Very nice. Love your windshield sticker!! Kinda partial to the color combo you picked as well.

Users who are viewing this thread