Post up Your Tork-Tech Mustangs!

00saleens281

Established Member
does anyone know if a 4.0 whipple on a tork tech kit will fit under the cervinis cobra r hood? been trying to search for someone who has put a 4.0 whipple on and what hood they are using but havent found any info yet. thanks.

Ortiz99

Established Member
My 5.4 is wider and taller than a 4.6. With the Tork Tech kit and the Cobra R hood, I still had about 2 inches of clearance or so. Not sure if that helps but just some info for you.

00saleens281

Established Member
any have a tork tech kit with a whipple 3.4 or 4.0? wondering what your hood clearance is like and what hood works with them.

Ortiz99

Established Member
are any of you guys running a I/C with these kits?

A better question is who isn't. These eatons still produce the same amount of heat like they would on a terminator so an intercooler is almost a must. I have only met 1 or 2 people without it.

cinch1985

Established Member
well as most of you know i have eaton on my 2v. well i blew the tranny at the last meet and it was down for the winter. while down my now wife told me i should think about gettin the car built to how i like it before the wedding. well between paying for a wedding and all that i had rob build me a motor. well i decided to do it right this time so i went with 03 cobra crank and rods and a nice new set of diamond pistons. picked up a set of MHS stg2 heads thanks to mister force with comp 270 cams. dropped it all off to rob for him to work his magic. while waiting i picked up 2 gt pumps,stg2 fpdm, 80# injectors, subframe connectors, upper and lower control arms, battery relocation kit and a vortech ice box. forgot to add thanks to posi for porting everything for me and gettin my billet flow hub on for me. now on to some pictures.

tear down begins
023-1.jpg

092.jpg

005-2.jpg

049.jpg

decided to paint some parts
045.jpg

008-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

then some parts showed up
012.jpg

006-4.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-4.jpg

putting it back together
013.jpg

093.jpg

095.jpg

098.jpg

and how it sits now
109.jpg

waiting on my 6 pound lower and new k member to get here this week or first of next. then its off to lee to set it on kill with e85. hopin for 550 plus but we will see

splytsecond

Established Member
Saving this lil spot for my Tork Tech TVS1900 post once i can get to my pictures..

Forged, Teksid block 2v 20over
ported heads
MPH "KB" Cams
26spline t56
glenns perf. triple walbro return fuel system into 83lb injectors on e85
TVS1900 blower, 9" crank pulley 2.8 upper
JLT next gen fenderwell cai

forgot to update this, car made 21psi on E85 with the 2.8" upper and 9" lower pulley back in May. I have a 2.75 upper and a 10 or 11" lower pulley that I may use to up the boost next year. For now this is plenty fun.

Daiper_rolling.jpg

DSC_0900.jpg

8b75656d.jpg

0d23b6af.jpg

Video of the whine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrrHM_VRv6M&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

RARE_BLUE_GT

Established Member
Nice to see some great numbers.... I got my motor build, Picked up my T-56Magnum a few weeks backs... Just need to order the fuel system and the blower.... I am still looking at putting in the TT2300.... Will find out spring 2013 what she does... Can't wait... Wonder what numbers I would make on that..

Whistler98

Established Member
well this weekend im installing mac lg tubes hope it aint to bad will be dropping k member using engine bar support i up graded to steggy stg 6 port with dragon t /b seeing 12 psi at wot 3" upper dynoed 370 365 before blower up grade with a auto gt so i should be close to 400 with upgrades runs like a beast :pepper: cant post pics yet im on modular fords under mullet99 pics there thanks

Is that 12psi on a stock block? If so how long have you been running that much boost?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like Rain tomorrow so I will not get any new pictures at the car show. Went to the garage and snapped these.

finishedinstall1.jpg

finishedinstall2.jpg

finishedinstall3.jpg

That engine bay is a danged work of automotive art! :beer: :rockon:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Love seeing this thread bumped!

Update from my camp:

IMG_00661.jpg

352 rwhp through the automatic at 6 psi on the heaton. Would love a built motor, the 600+ numbers are awesome!

Still needing some tuning. Also ordered an HO fibertrends 2.5" cowl like the one on my Cobra.

Can't wait to park both blown cars side by side and get a great photoshoot!

Keep the updates coming guys.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
foof-

Is yours a PI swap? I have a friend with a 98 GT looking into stealing my Posi Eaton for a Tork Tech kit now!

Also, details on the COP conversion harness?

Thanks and bump!

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
New numbers 375 rwhp with a new tune.

The COP conversion harness I made from instructions floating around. It is actually really easy to do.

And yes, the car is a PI swap!

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
New numbers 375 rwhp with a new tune.

The COP conversion harness I made from instructions floating around. It is actually really easy to do.

And yes, the car is a PI swap!

Thanks for the response!

His car is PI swapped with Patriot heads and Comp 270's, all the usual bolt-on's. I'm thinking the Eaton will rock and roll on it.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I don't believe you NEED an EGR delete.. but.. why not do it anyway? Lowe's sells a cap that fits the manifold, and any old block off plate works.

You're going to get it tuned anyway. Not to mention, the EGR looks like trash.

I did not have a problem with my stock rails. I did have to run fuel injection hose up and over the blower though.

:thumbsup:

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
I don't believe you NEED an EGR delete.. but.. why not do it anyway? Lowe's sells a cap that fits the manifold, and any old block off plate works.

You're going to get it tuned anyway. Not to mention, the EGR looks like trash.

I did not have a problem with my stock rails. I did have to run fuel injection hose up and over the blower though.

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

The reason for the EGR is NY emssions inspections. It's easier to keep it :bash:

I shot an email to Tork Tech about it but have yet to hear back.

Users who are viewing this thread