post your Jiffy Lube horror story/stories

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I've never been to a Jiffy Lube. But I was in Arizona and took our SUV to a shop to get the alignment checked and the guy told me I really needed new brakes. I asked him why he thought that and he said my pads were wore out and my rotors needed to be replaced. I told him that was odd since I had done the brakes the previous weekend. He looked at the ground and walked away.

In 07 I took my 98 Ford F-150 (when I had it) to a shop where I used to live for an alignment. Guy comes back to me and said I needed new brakes/rotors asap. I also had a "that's funny" moment. Because 3 days before that me and my father (who was a mech for 8 years) put on brand new pads and rotors. Since I was very proud of my work, I also had pictures on my phone of said job. So I conveniently whipped that bitch out, showed him and asked how the **** is that possible, and to show me these "very unsafe" brakes.

After I bring his fat ass over to my fender he literally ended up saying "oh I'm sorry sir, I was talking about a different vehicle" :mj::mj::mj::mj::mj:

1349130339118.gif

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Just wondering what horror stories you guys have about going to Jiffy Lube. I have 2 of them.

1. Went there with my old '94 Cobra to get an oil change, I wait a few minutes and they tell me I'm all set and I drive home and when I get home I realize theres a pool of oil under the car in the driveway and a trail of oil coming all the way down the road and into the driveway. I threw an oil pan under the car and there was about half a quart left in the car. The idiot didnt tighten the oil drain plug all the way. I had to drive back to J.L. in my moms car and they gave me 5 new quarts of oil for free, they're damn lucky my engine wasnt destroyed.

2. The second event was more recently, brought my 300ZX (which I sold) to them to get an oil change, they talk me into doing a coolant flush too so I agreed. The guy drains all the coolant out and fills it up again and the second the coolant level reaches the top he puts the cap on and tells me I'm all set. (only now do I realize that you have to let the coolant seep down and then keep topping it off over and over again). My car was overheating like a MOFO almost immediately until I realized I needed to go back and have them finish the job correctly. Once again they're lucky my engine wasnt toast.

Ive had it up to here with the dumbass's at jiffy lube. I wont be going there ever again. Anyone else with me?

(i'm not making this thread just to bitch and moan, I'm spreading the word about how much Jiffy Lube sucks because they nearly destroyed two of my vehicles so I'm just returning the favor by reaching out the masses and spreading the word they suck ass and you take the chance of your vehicle being destroyed if you have service done there)

For one why don't you just change your own oil? It's not like you're solving world hunger or something- it's a freaking oil change!! Same thing with the coolant flush- not exactly rocket science there. BUT if you do decide to take your car to one of those place why don't you educate your self enough to go back and be able to check their work and KNOW if they did something incorrectly?

Not saying that they shouldn't do their job correctly. Often the people who work there have minimal training and poor supervision- no excuse for that.

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Just wondering what horror stories you guys have about going to Jiffy Lube. I have 2 of them.

1. Went there with my old '94 Cobra to get an oil change, I wait a few minutes and they tell me I'm all set and I drive home and when I get home I realize theres a pool of oil under the car in the driveway and a trail of oil coming all the way down the road and into the driveway. I threw an oil pan under the car and there was about half a quart left in the car. The idiot didnt tighten the oil drain plug all the way. I had to drive back to J.L. in my moms car and they gave me 5 new quarts of oil for free, they're damn lucky my engine wasnt destroyed.

2. The second event was more recently, brought my 300ZX (which I sold) to them to get an oil change, they talk me into doing a coolant flush too so I agreed. The guy drains all the coolant out and fills it up again and the second the coolant level reaches the top he puts the cap on and tells me I'm all set. (only now do I realize that you have to let the coolant seep down and then keep topping it off over and over again). My car was overheating like a MOFO almost immediately until I realized I needed to go back and have them finish the job correctly. Once again they're lucky my engine wasnt toast.

Ive had it up to here with the dumbass's at jiffy lube. I wont be going there ever again. Anyone else with me?

(i'm not making this thread just to bitch and moan, I'm spreading the word about how much Jiffy Lube sucks because they nearly destroyed two of my vehicles so I'm just returning the favor by reaching out the masses and spreading the word they suck ass and you take the chance of your vehicle being destroyed if you have service done there)

So let me get this straight... You took ANOTHER car to them after your first experience?

:??:

blackfang

Established Member
JL is one of the most dishonest companies there are in the industry. I have worked for them years ago and seen stuff that was unbelievable until you see it. There management is just as bad.

When I worked for a Subaru dealer, we would get quite a few Subaru's come in from the local Jiffy Lube where they drained the differential fluid and in some cases added engine oil. This happened a lot. In fact, it happened so often that I felt compelled to send Ryan at their corporate office a Christmas card to thank him for the business. However, there was this one place that tried to dick over a customer. They drained her differential fluid like clockwork and then tried to claim it wasn't their fault. Ok they change the oil, they said the differential fluid was checked and no leaks were noted, yet 23 miles after the vehicle leaves the transmission blows because the front differential was empty(the kid drained it by mistake and the guy up top forgot to add fluid to correct the mistake). It took me explaining this to one of their senior representatives and they finally decided to pay for her transmission.

Then again, The local Firestone replaced a customers waterpump,radiator, t stat and hoses to address an overheating issue on a 99 Outback(which is never the issue anyways it is the headgaskets most of the time). Well when it kept overheating because they misdiagnosed it like most independent shops do when it comes to overheating 97-04 Outbacks and 98-03 Foresters, they just removed the inside of the customers T stat.

Hi everyone - we are reaching out on behalf of customer service here at Jiffy Lube International. We value your feedback and if you want to share more with us please e-mail us at [email protected]. Thanks.

Wow you just joined to post that.

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Hi everyone - we are reaching out on behalf of customer service here at Jiffy Lube International. We value your feedback and if you want to share more with us please e-mail us at [email protected]. Thanks.

Wow, I hope this is real. You guys suck!

Might as well take this opportunity to offer some contructive critisism... hire people that know WTF they're doing and have experience and give a crap about their job. Pay them $14 an hour instead of $8. Take this shit seriously you're dealing with people vehicles, thats nothing to take lightly. I bet the amount of money you'd save on not having to replace peoples engines all the time would make up for the increased pay rates.

For one why don't you just change your own oil? It's not like you're solving world hunger or something- it's a freaking oil change!! Same thing with the coolant flush- not exactly rocket science there. BUT if you do decide to take your car to one of those place why don't you educate your self enough to go back and be able to check their work and KNOW if they did something incorrectly?

Not saying that they shouldn't do their job correctly. Often the people who work there have minimal training and poor supervision- no excuse for that.

90% of the time I change my own oil. I change the oil on my ranger every 3-4 weeks. But every like 3rd or 4th oil change I just dont have time or i feel like being lazy so I hit up the Iffy Lube.

Me in the waiting room at jiffy lube is like a whore at an aids test. Thats how nervous I get. Im like sweaty and jittery and hoping that my car doesnt get totally screwed up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread