Precision industries converter

yeager

Established Member
I have also owned yank converters but they normally do more chevrolet converters and I wanted someone who knew our cars transmission and first hand had worked on them. Plus Chris is a ford guy. He ownes and drives fords and knows how these engines respond.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
chris does an incredible job.

keep in mind that we also sell the circle d's and offer free shipping on them as well.

beef
513-478-1965

Eric@jpc

Established Member
photo_zps162ac198.jpg

We are testing a converter right now!

:beer:

I should have a bunch more information real soon.

Price point is going to be about 579

for those of you that dont know PROTORQUE they are pretty much the goto in small tire racing.

ProTorque High Performance Drag Racing Torque Converters

A few of their customers include
Tim Lynch
Dave DeMarco
Stevie "Fast" Jackson
Kevin Fiscus
and many more

They are pretty much cutting edge when talking about torque converters and have been in the industry for many years.

This has been tested in 1 car for over a year. We are fine tuning the stall speed as well as some things that pertain to the street now. Its going to be a bad dude. Not to mention the killer price its almost 1/2 the cost of other converters on the market

Yagermeister

Established Member
Eric@JPC, can you put me on a list to let me know the results when it is finished testing? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Eric@JPC, can you put me on a list to let me know the results when it is finished testing? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Once we get a chance to get to the track i will make a new thread. (cold weather up here supposed to be only in the 20s tomorrow)

thinking about making some hits with the G tech, untill it gets back up to 50 degrees
:lol:

grnenvy

Established Member
Nice

That price is more like it as long it doesn't have to go back for repairs or stall speed change. U know to spend over 1k on a converter has always bothered me aspecially when u look at the Summit book and see TCI has the Super Street fighter converter for like 500 bucks.

photo_zps162ac198.jpg

We are testing a converter right now!

I should have a bunch more information real soon.

Price point is going to be about 579

for those of you that dont know PROTORQUE they are pretty much the goto in small tire racing.

ProTorque High Performance Drag Racing Torque Converters

A few of their customers include
Tim Lynch
Dave DeMarco
Stevie "Fast" Jackson
Kevin Fiscus
and many more

They are pretty much cutting edge when talking about torque converters and have been in the industry for many years.

This has been tested in 1 car for over a year. We are fine tuning the stall speed as well as some things that pertain to the street now. Its going to be a bad dude. Not to mention the killer price its almost 1/2 the cost of other converters on the market

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i agree, more options are always good.

I know my car has been "tested" for 2 years with the circle d, 1 year at 750 or so rwhp, and another year at 1000rwhp.

the car has 150+ passes on it, and I have had 0 issues out of the Circle D.

Longevity is a big thing.

The reason a Circle D converter is $1100 is all the the custom billet parts.

I'm assuming The Pro Torque one pictured is a modified OE one? It probably has some cool stuff done to it stall wise, but if you are still using the OE parts and lock up clutch. Durability wise is no comparison. The custom parts to produce Circle D's billet multi disk cost over $500 from talking to Chris. So when you remove those parts the converter is very affordable. But that is why they have a converter that can last for years at 750-1000 rwhp.

Just an apples to oranges comparison.

Last edited:

yeager

Established Member
And is the pro torque a single disc or multi disc. Chris says he will do a single disc if someone wants it but these cars come factory with a twin disc so it doesn't make sense to down grade.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
i agree, more options are always good.

I know my car has been "tested" for 2 years with the circle d, 1 year at 750 or so rwhp, and another year at 1000rwhp.

the car has 150+ passes on it, and I have had 0 issues out of the Circle D.

Longevity is a big thing.

The reason a Circle D converter is $1100 is all the the custom billet parts.

I'm assuming The Pro Torque one pictured is a modified OE one? It probably has some cool stuff done to it stall wise, but if you are still using the OE parts and lock up clutch. Durability wise is no comparison. The custom parts to produce Circle D's billet multi disk cost over $500 from talking to Chris. So when you remove those parts the converter is very affordable. But that is why they have a converter that can last for years at 750-1000 rwhp.

Just an apples to oranges comparison.

LOL apples to oranges....

1st i never said Circle D has a bad converter because its not. Its a great working piece but very very pricey. Not saying its over priced because its not. 1100 is a fair price for a billet unit.

2nd Sean Kelly is the car that has been testing this converter. so by your previous remarks he is a street car that runs 9.20 for over a year and hasnt had an issue.

3rd most cars dont "need" a billet converter. Hell we have built a 1300 hp 3v that doesnt have a billet unit. i have another 3v with a 4r70 that doesnt utilize a billet converter either. Both cars have a ton of passes on them and havent had an issue.

Your average 600-800 hp street car doesnt need a 1100 dollar billet converter. Sean Kelly is the proof.... 9.20 street car

again im not slamming circle d i just think its not for everyone

And is the pro torque a single disc or multi disc. Chris says he will do a single disc if someone wants it but these cars come factory with a twin disc so it doesn't make sense to down grade.

Its a Multi disc converter

:rockon:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
LOL apples to oranges....

1st i never said Circle D has a bad converter because its not. Its a great working piece but very very pricey. Not saying its over priced because its not. 1100 is a fair price for a billet unit.

2nd Sean Kelly is the car that has been testing this converter. so by your previous remarks he is a street car that runs 9.20 for over a year and hasnt had an issue.

3rd most cars dont "need" a billet converter. Hell we have built a 1300 hp 3v that doesnt have a billet unit. i have another 3v with a 4r70 that doesnt utilize a billet converter either. Both cars have a ton of passes on them and havent had an issue.

Your average 600-800 hp street car doesnt need a 1100 dollar billet converter. Sean Kelly is the proof.... 9.20 street car

again im not slamming circle d i just think its not for everyone

Its a Multi disc converter

:rockon:

never said you were slamming the product, just pointing out the reasons why their converter is the price that it is.

and for the record, sean has been running a circle d, not a pro torque,

just another testament to the circle d :)

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
never said you were slamming the product, just pointing out the reasons why their converter is the price that it is.

and for the record, sean has been running a circle d, not a pro torque,

just another testament to the circle d :)

Call sean back and ask him what he ran in his old car.. took out and put in his new car. and ask him how long he been testing the circel D :nono:

The Protorque stuff is still in testing and he wanted a comparison nothing wrong with that

just sayin

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Call sean back and ask him what he ran in his old car.. took out and put in his new car. and ask him how long he been testing the circel D :nono:

The Protorque stuff is still in testing and he wanted a comparison nothing wrong with that

just sayin

Not sure why the point and laugh.

I tt Sean on a weekly basis, i'm pretty familiar with his setup. I called Sean and verified with him what I already knew.

He ran the stock converter in the car for the longest time. He sent one of his converters to protorque, they modified the OEM one for an extra 1000 rpms or so of stall. They were supposed to make a production converter, and he hasn't heard back from them in like 1 1/2 years.

Sean has had the circle d in his car for a year or so.

My point was, you said they have a converter in the car testing for the last year and a half, and that it's in Sean's car. And that he is running 9.2's on it.

That's simply not the case. He told me the modified converter he was testing wasn't getting the job done, that is why he took money out of his pocket to purchase the Circle D converter a year or more ago.

Tommy@JPC

Established Member
Not sure why the point and laugh.

I tt Sean on a weekly basis, i'm pretty familiar with his setup. I called Sean and verified with him what I already knew.

He ran the stock converter in the car for the longest time. He sent one of his converters to protorque, they modified the OEM one for an extra 1000 rpms or so of stall. They were supposed to make a production converter, and he hasn't heard back from them in like 1 1/2 years.

Sean has had the circle d in his car for a year or so.

My point was, you said they have a converter in the car testing for the last year and a half, and that it's in Sean's car. And that he is running 9.2's on it.

That's simply not the case. He told me the modified converter he was testing wasn't getting the job done, that is why he took money out of his pocket to purchase the Circle D converter a year or more ago.

There is some confusion here obviously. The Pro Torque was working fine and had numerous passes on it. It's called testing, a lot of people do it.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There is some confusion here obviously. The Pro Torque was working fine and had numerous passes on it. It's called testing, a lot of people do it.

No confusion here.

1) Not saying he didn't make some good passes on it as he did, for the short time it was in the car.

2) He made good passes on the stock converter as well.

3) I'm not saying the production pro torque won't be a good piece either. They have a great name, and a great product

4) I'm simply saying the information posted is not factual info as the car has had the circle d in it for probably 1 to 1 1/2 years.

5) It's not testing, if you never got a production piece to test....

6) There was a reason Sean took $1000 out of his own pocket to replace what was in the car...Why spend the 1k if your happy?

Again, I know pro torque has a good name, and they make a good product. I'm not disputing that. I'm simply saying, if your going to make a claim, make sure your making it about the correct product.

btw, i record all my phone calls, i'd be happy to send you a .wav file of my conversation with Sean to help out with the confusion :)

Last edited:

Tommy@JPC

Established Member
No confusion here.

1) Not saying he didn't make some good passes on it as he did, for the short time it was in the car.

2) He made good passes on the stock converter as well.

3) I'm not saying the production pro torque won't be a good piece either. They have a great name, and a great product

4) I'm simply saying the information posted is not factual info as the car has had the circle d in it for probably 1 to 1 1/2 years.

5) It's not testing, if you never got a production piece to test....

6) There was a reason Sean took $1000 out of his own pocket to replace what was in the car...Why spend the 1k if your happy?

Again, I know pro torque has a good name, and they make a good product. I'm not disputing that. I'm simply saying, if your going to make a claim, make sure your making it about the correct product.

btw, i record all my phone calls, i'd be happy to send you a .wav file of my conversation with Sean to help out with the confusion :)

We spoke to Sean today, i guess there is some confusion. We'll test it also then and see how it all goes down. There's more to a converter than what most believe including yourself.

Circle d makes a nice piece and Protorque's track record speaks for itself so it will be interesting to see if something more affordable will work out for the masses.

How many times did you trans and converter go back?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We spoke to Sean today, i guess there is some confusion. We'll test it also then and see how it all goes down. There's more to a converter than what most believe including yourself.

Circle d makes a nice piece and Protorque's track record speaks for itself so it will be interesting to see if something more affordable will work out for the masses.

How many times did you trans and converter go back?

Again, not saying the Pro Torque won't be a good piece. I'm sure it will be a great option for guys.

I don't pretend to know everything about converters. That's why I rely on experts like Chris @ Circle D, and I'm sure they guys at Pro Torque have a ton of knowledge as well.

My point is / was, that there is not a Pro Torque in Sean's car, and it hasn't been there for some time. That is the factual information. The 9.2's Sean ran were with the circle D. Not the Pro Torque. That is factual information. Eric said the Protorque has been in Sean's car for the last year and a half, and it's simply not the case. That is my only point.

And pointing out why the Circle D costs what it does.

My trans only went to circle D once to have Kyle do the clutch upgrade in it while he was still there. I have had no issues out of the converter.

Last edited:

Tommy@JPC

Established Member
Let me first say I'm not trying to drag Sean into this but his car is a great comparison being its a low 9's second full weight auto. We currently do not have that in our stable right this minute. It's short block is being built to run those numbers and will be ready in the near future.

Again, not saying the Pro Torque won't be a good piece. I'm sure it will be a great option for guys.
Obviously. We're saying the same for the Hi End Circle D's. We've installed them and used them. Chris is a great guy and does good work.

I don't pretend to know everything about converters. That's why I rely on experts like Chris @ Circle D, and I'm sure they guys at Pro Torque have a ton of knowledge as well.
Didn't say you pretend to know anything sorry for the confusion :beer:

My point is / was, that there is not a Pro Torque in Sean's car
Currently no, you're correct. But there was not an issue with the Protorque

and it hasn't been there for some time. That is the factual information.
It's hard to nail down the exact date per Sean how long it's been out of the car because it all runs together.

The 9.2's Sean ran were with the circle D. Not the Pro Torque.
This is not correct. We spoke to Sean and he said he cannot remember exactly what converter was in the car between the 2. He can confirm he has over 100 passes on the Protorque and tons of 9.4 times. When he got the '12 car he cannot remember if the Protorque went in or not with that set up. So we'll call it apples to apples, he has no problem saying the converter could and possibly did go .2th's quicker (splitting hairs, I'm not going to torture him about it any longer but your not going to say it did or didn't, either way in his own words they both work great. Now the money is invested in what's in the car why change back.

That is factual information. Eric said the Protorque has been in Sean's car for the last year and a half, and it's simply not the case. That is my only point.
I didn't read the exact but he's jumbled up some time frames we know he has a circle d in the car now.

My trans only went to circle D once to have Kyle do the clutch upgrade in it while he was still there. I have had no issues out of the converter.
Is this really the case? we know people also :bored:

4VFTW

Established Member
Circle D is the only company that has actually produced a torque converter for the Coyote 6R80 that I know of. TCI shows one on their website but when I have called they do not have a part number or price or ETA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hopefully we can get the torque converter companies to remove the "new car tax" so we can buy $500 or $600 converters!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

while I personally have never had very good luck with PI stuff, I do know some folks swear by their stuff & I respect that.

something to give some thought to is revmax IMO now that they have their 6r80 stuff out, I got hooked up with them from some ls & diesel truck friends of mine (those guys love their stuff, their revmax converters that is) & myself along with quite a few 4r70w guys in my area ran them with quite good success.

heres a link 6R80 Stage 5 Torque Converter?

give Frank there a call & see if he can help you out.
I ran a Revmax in my Fox body...5000stall stage 5 billet. It cost me $531 to my door and in a C4 only cost me 2mph from the T-5 it replaced...E.T. dropped 4/10's. I didnt have the C4 setup for long before I sold the car , but while I did have it it worked flawlessly.

Need more info about the lockup clutch in their 6R80 converters before I decide if its worth the $300 price diff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread