Precision industries converter

kingcobra323

Established Member
No to revmax. Ok thanks 4VFTw.

@casper gt congrats on your awesome pass... This is definitely a better purchase for me. Stock gears tune intake 3"catless gt 500 ab on Et streets and 60ft still 1.92

stang910

Established Member
somebody posted that Revmax uses a single disc lockup clutch...which makes absolutely no sense when the stock converter comes with twin discs. I used a Revmax in my 408w C4 foxbody and it was an excellent piece...give them a call and ask about the lockup clutch.

I called Revmax and their lower cost converter is the single disc. The mulit disc was $1200.

grnenvy

Established Member
PI converters are Big $$ also. Seems to me CD is proven and for me pulling the trans in and out is a PITA. If I was doing a converter which I'm not I would just go with a CD even if its a couple bucks more. Like I said before CD needs to make the same converter in a cheaper case thats still strong for the guys that want to spend $700.. Give it a hp rating and only give it a 1 year warrenty with no free stall speed changes.

FIFTY

Established Member
their lower priced converter is indeed a single disc, but so is the competition's.

revmax makes a multi-disc but the cost is right in line with a circle d & it's unproven.

if you looking for a high line race converter, there really is no choice other than circle d at this time IMO.

if your looking for a budget friendly street oriented converter that still packs a punch, here you go.............
ProTorque 6R80 Street Assassin Torque Converter - Justin's Performance Center

this converter has seen extensive testing both in my car early on (as seen in the background of the converter swap pic in the add) & the grey '13 car & is ready to go.

I've noticed that this converter is no longer available on JPC's site, did this take a crap on someone or what? going to be in the market for one, and weighing *ALL* options....

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I've noticed that this converter is no longer available on JPC's site, did this take a crap on someone or what? going to be in the market for one, and weighing *ALL* options....

Looks like for the 6R80 they are only selling the Circle D convertor

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I've been absolutely thrilled with the PI single disk that was in the 02 GT I just sold (It had a single disk PI since 06 with no issues and knocked 7 tenths off my 1/4).I have a multi-disk PI in my 94 f150(since mid 2008)(4r70w)and it's been great as well. With so many running the CD problem free in these 6r80's I'll probably be giving them a call this time!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've been absolutely thrilled with the PI single disk that was in the 02 GT I just sold (It had a single disk PI since 06 with no issues and knocked 7 tenths off my 1/4).I have a multi-disk PI in my 94 f150(since mid 2008)(4r70w)and it's been great as well. With so many running the CD problem free in these 6r80's I'll probably be giving them a call this time!

Or one of their top rated vendor's :rolling: hint hint ;)

Users who are viewing this thread