Precision industries converter

yeager

Established Member
Why isn't anyone running a precision in these cars? I know in the lightning 4r100 they are very popular, and in 4r70w, 4l60e, etc. Can anyone explain why no one has one or if someone does or has tried one let us all know what you think.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Circle D is the only company that has actually produced a torque converter for the Coyote 6R80 that I know of. TCI shows one on their website but when I have called they do not have a part number or price or ETA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

yeager

Established Member
I talked to precision last week and they claim to have done several and could have 1 out in 2-3 business days

yeager

Established Member
$1070 for there triple disc and can make any size converter you want. You tell them how much your car weighs, what gears, and intended use and they can custom build you one.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Hopefully we can get the torque converter companies to remove the "new car tax" so we can buy $500 or $600 converters!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BPatterson

Established Member
Yank can do the same thing, and they build amazing converters. Yank and PI both outperform the Circle D converters in other platforms.

yeager

Established Member
I agree bpatterson. I have owned cars w all 3 converters. I've even had tci and a few off name brands and I personally like precision. I just wish someone had 1 and could say something about it or we could compare 60' times to a car w same mods and circle d.

casper gt

Established Member
while I personally have never had very good luck with PI stuff, I do know some folks swear by their stuff & I respect that.

something to give some thought to is revmax IMO now that they have their 6r80 stuff out, I got hooked up with them from some ls & diesel truck friends of mine (those guys love their stuff, their revmax converters that is) & myself along with quite a few 4r70w guys in my area ran them with quite good success.

heres a link 6R80 Stage 5 Torque Converter?

give Frank there a call & see if he can help you out.

yeager

Established Member
hey casper gt. i called revmax and talked to him about that converter and he seems like he knows his stuff. he also informed me that circle d and hisself both order there parts from the same exact place so basically its the same converter but his turn around time is 3-4 days verses 2-3 weeks with circle d. so i guess it really just comes down to who you would rather buy from, how long you mind waiting, and who you believe would actually figure in your cars weight, gears, and power to dial the converter in exactly where you want it.

casper gt

Established Member
hey casper gt. i called revmax and talked to him about that converter and he seems like he knows his stuff. he also informed me that circle d and hisself both order there parts from the same exact place so basically its the same converter but his turn around time is 3-4 days verses 2-3 weeks with circle d. so i guess it really just comes down to who you would rather buy from, how long you mind waiting, and who you believe would actually figure in your cars weight, gears, and power to dial the converter in exactly where you want it.

yep, Franks a good guy.

I'm not shure which converter builder I'm going with yet (getting my cage first) but I'll see how Frank/revmax is doing when the time comes along with Chris.

yeager

Established Member
update: Ok after speaking with all the companies here is my conclusion. When I called precision I spoke with the owner and he was just rude. Wasn't very helpful and didn't like his attitude. It might just be me but customer service goes a long way. I then called revmax. His converter is a single disc which means you can't lock it up at wide open throttle, which lowers your mph significantly. Then I called Chris at cirle D. He was honestly the nicest one out of all 3 and it reminded me why I bought my last converter from him. After going to the track this weekend and testing my car I decided I need a converter asap, so I wound up giving chris a call this morning and ordering a 4c circle D. He said I would have it by friday so hopefully I can get it in and do some before and after comparisons. I'll make a thread posting the difference. My car is a 2013 auto with full exhaust, lund tune, 3.73's, and big and little. It went 11.82@117 this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread