Prediction

jbarger

Established Member
To those of you that will be fortunate enough to own one of these monsters. Hold on to it because I predict it will go down as a true classic and similar to the 2005-2006 Ford GT only increase in value as 5 to 10 years goes by it will be worth more than sticker and stay that way for many many years. Enjoy!

Zeroescence

Established Member
I wish that were true. I guess only time will tell. I am going to keep it and if it does end up something of value I'll just feel that much happier to have purchased one.

R1Lello

Established Member
i think you're dreaming. First, not many 'young' people can afford this car new, and because it may take 40-50 years to regain value and maybe good profit, you'll be dead. Buy real estate, you'll make much more, much, much quicker too. Sorry but reality is any GT500 from 2007+ is not a low volume car., the kR may have a chance but again, how many years???? and even then, garage it?? No, meant to enjoy it.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It's still a mustang. I think it will hold it's value well, compared to other mustangs and pony cars of the past, but the Ford GT was its own deal, and has held its value for a multitude of reasons, it's main reason is that it's on it's own chassis, and is still a pinnacle of performance, and yes, it's production was quite limited.

speedrx

Established Member
It will ultimately depend on how many are built and sold and what happens with the 2015 GT500 in regard to HP & performance. They would need to build less than 500 for them to be limited and to be a peak in HP with a drop coming in 2015 and beyond.

More than likely it will take 30 years or more for it to play out, I wouldn't buy one to put away and expect to make money, there are much better investments out there. I would buy one to drive and enjoy on the other hand!

peteypab2133

Established Member
It's still a mustang. I think it will hold it's value well, compared to other mustangs and pony cars of the past, but the Ford GT was its own deal, and has held its value for a multitude of reasons, it's main reason is that it's on it's own chassis, and is still a pinnacle of performance, and yes, it's production was quite limited.

buy real estate??... I think in the past 5-8 years more people are upside down on homes than ever before. Its all about a mixture of luck and supply/demand.

At least this car you can enjoy...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
buy real estate??... I think in the past 5-8 years more people are upside down on homes than ever before. Its all about a mixture of luck and supply/demand.

At least this car you can enjoy...

I think you quoted the wrong person..

brianz426

Established Member
If you are going to buy this car drive it and enjoy it. If you are going to put it away as an investment you better be 20 yrs. old or younger, even then you will probably be dissapointed 30-40 yrs. from now when you sell.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The same comments were made in 2006 about the upcoming 2007 GT500, of course, they were wrong.

I don't see the 2013 GT500 becoming a collectors car like the 2005-2006 Ford GT super car, and for many reasons that are logical.

• Production run will not be limited
  • Price is less than 1/2 of the Ford GT's MSRP, more affordable, easier to obtain by your common "Joe"
  • The 2013 GT500 will look much like a 2010+ GT500, the Ford GT is truly unique
  • The Ford GT is a mid engine car, the Mustang is the ever so common front placement
  • You can easily clone a 2013 GT500. Good luck trying to clone a Ford GT super car

I'm sure I could think of many other reasons why the 2013 GT500 will not have collector car status like the Ford GT, but these top the list.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I dont understand people who automatically think that this car or the ZL1 will be collector cars. You buy this car to drive it and enjoy it, not let it sit in the hopes of selling one day. If thats the case get something else and leave the open slot for someone who actually wants the car

jbarger

Established Member
Sorry for not clarifying myself totally in my original post. I think the main reason for my thought is that it is factory rated in its performance specs to be in the 200 mph club. Thats what will make it so special to collectors if the next Gen Shelby GT500 will not attain this top speed for one reason or another. Also doesn't mean that it has to sit in a climate controlled facility for 20 years to keep it special. No I say drive it and enjoy the massive performance. Just take really good care of it.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I dont understand people who automatically think that this car or the ZL1 will be collector cars. You buy this car to drive it and enjoy it, not let it sit in the hopes of selling one day. If thats the case get something else and leave the open slot for someone who actually wants the car

The ZL1 will never be a collectors item due to them all being worn out on the ring.:dw:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If stored with no mileage in mint condition assuming the world doesn't go to shit, which is looking pretty bleak in recent years then it might gain some value over a 30 to 50 year period. Of course the buyer will probably be dead, so drive the damn thing.

spazpilot

Established Member
Better chances of my brothers 04 Lightning becoming a collector then the 13 GT500. Personally I will buy one and enjoy the crap out of it!!! Life is too short to not enjoy it!

chuckstang

Established Member
sorry but the SVT modeled Mustangs have been getting better since the 93 and I can tell you with 100% certainty that the one after this will out perform this one.

dom418

Established Member
^^^^agreed, every new model gets better and better. People have been saying their cobras will become collectible since the terminator. I think any svt product holds its value better than its competitors but to say any of these cars will go up in value is a long shot. Super rare models like the R, or the KR or super snake are pretty sure bets but they just made too many of everything else and the 13 will be no different. Like others have said just enjoy it because the next model will be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread