Pretty excited

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
I recently ordered my first round of mods from Revan and Bob's. I got the upper 2.59, idler, sct tuner, and JLT big air intake from Van. Then, I got Bob's catch can for the passenger side from Steve and then locally I sourced a set of rear Nitto NT555R drag radials slightly used for a steal for my SVTPP 20" wheels. Should be a week away from getting all of this installed by Tom at After Hours Mustangs here in Ohio. Tom had me over to my house to discuss the mods, which were very similiar to the talk I had with Van, which was encouraging. Tom even showed me his modded 13 GT grabber blue beauty and his modded 07 GT500 white with blue striped beast. He allowed me start his cars and even sit and play with the shelby shifter in his GT500. I am pretty stoked to say the least.

Should be a great start in the performance realm and now onto a few detail asthetic pieces such as 50%side tinted windows along with the 25% qtr and rear windows to add to the Shelby GT500 Cobra grill and side emblem billet wings I just ordered to spice up the plain white/stripe delete of my ride. I am thinking on tinting my front turn signals 25% as well as well as getting some bulbs for my fogs that match the stock HIDs. All in all, I should be good for the season with next season being the target for the serious stuff...blower upgrade and suspension. Thanks guys for all your help and just wanted to share my enthusiasm.

Best,
Les

Last edited by a moderator:

jenkins_1120

Established Member
just remeber to make sure the motors cold before you attempt to swap the pulley. there was a thread awhile ago about someone who tried to take off thier pulley when the motor was hot and it didnt work out.

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Nice to see a happy camper...... Enjoy those mods, you only live once!:beer:
Yes sir...and agreed on living once!

just remeber to make sure the motors cold before you attempt to swap the pulley. there was a thread awhile ago about someone who tried to take off thier pulley when the motor was hot and it didnt work out.
Good advice and I will remind my installer of this tip. Thank you

Van@RevanRacing

I recently ordered my first round of mods from Revan and Bob's. I got the upper 2.59, idler, sct tuner, and JLT big air intake from Van. Then, I got Bob's catch can for the passenger side from Steve and then locally I sourced a set of rear Nitto NT555R drag radials slightly used for a steal for my SVTPP 20" wheels. Should be a week away from getting all of this installed by Tom at After Hours Mustangs here in Ohio. Tom had me over to my house to discuss the mods, which were very similiar to the talk I had with Van, which was encouraging. Tom even showed me his modded 13 GT grabber blue beauty and his modded 07 GT500 white with blue striped beast. He allowed me start his cars and even sit and play with the shelby shifter in his GT500. I am pretty stoked to say the least.

Should be a great start in the performance realm and now onto a few detail asthetic pieces such as 50%side tinted windows along with the 25% qtr and rear windows to add to the Shelby GT500 Cobra grill and side emblem billet wings I just ordered to spice up the plain white/stripe delete of my ride. I am thinking on tinting my front turn signals 25% as well as well as getting some bulbs for my fogs that match the stock HIDs. All in all, I should be good for the season with next season being the target for the serious stuff...blower upgrade and suspension. Thanks guys for all your help and just wanted to share my enthusiasm.

Best,
Les

Thanks for the business Les! The mod bug has bitten!

Talk to you soon.

Van

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Thanks for the business Les! The mod bug has bitten!

Talk to you soon.

Van

Van, The one thing I have learned all of these years of spending money on mods is that it is never over and thats the fun part. It is a personal philosophy that governs the quest for perfection. Typically when I sell a toy ride, its usually because I have no more mods to do LOL. So the journey is the joy more than the completion of a project!

For sure,best of luck with mods and your ride..:beer:

Thanks and like wise to you.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nice mods list. It'll be great times when you get em on and start driving ! Good luck !

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Your gonna love the new mods! I just did a pulley swap and tune at Kurgans..night and day difference. I just orderd a Heat Exchanger also, the car was already starting to pull some timing due to heat soak, just something to lookin into. Congrats!

Olisickstang

Established Member

Best,
Les

You said in your car description that you have to remove the stripe from the dealer ? So you order your car with the stripe on it and decide to remove them after ?

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
You said in your car description that you have to remove the stripe from the dealer ? So you order your car with the stripe on it and decide to remove them after ?

The dealer ordered the car with red stripes, FRPP, Recaros, and car cover. After looking for Shelbys for months I decided on performance white and loved the red stripes in the interior over the stock black/grey set up. So my option was to find a white with red striped Shelby and have the factory stripes removed. In my negotiation with the dealer, I got them to do it with no flaws. They put the car into their paint booth and heated it up and the stripes came off easy. Now I have a 12 Shelby in white with the interior the way I wanted it.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
The dealer ordered the car with red stripes, FRPP, Recaros, and car cover. After looking for Shelbys for months I decided on performance white and loved the red stripes in the interior over the stock black/grey set up. So my option was to find a white with red striped Shelby and have the factory stripes removed. In my negotiation with the dealer, I got them to do it with no flaws. They put the car into their paint booth and heated it up and the stripes came off easy. Now I have a 12 Shelby in white with the interior the way I wanted it.

great solution

Olisickstang

Established Member

Well, mine is black with the red stripes. I only have 1437 miles on it and the stripe became to peel a little bit at the edge. So I decided to go to a local body shop to see if he can remove them. He told me that remove the stripe on a black can be dangerous... He didn't want to do that. I'm confused right now:idea: !?

Users who are viewing this thread