Pro 5.0 shifter vs Shelby Short Shifter vs MGW shifter

DMotorsports

Established Member
I'm currently running the KR shifter linkage which is much better than stock and fine for the street, but it still leaves a lot to be desired at the track. Any thoughts on these 3 units?

bull3441

Established Member
i ordered the MGW today. google reviews for it. i've never found one unsatisfied MGW owner.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I ran a Pro5.0 all last year and loved it, but I'm installing a MGW with the new motor. I'm a rotor wing mechanic and the quality of workmanship on the MGW is that of aerospace. Already impressed and haven't even drove the car with it yet.

chevellecobra

Established Member
I just installed the Pro 5.0 a few weeks ago. I did have to shim the main shift rod (stock piece that shifts the transmission) to the fork on the shifter connection point. Before I did it was tough to get into reverse and there was a lot of side-to-side slop while in gear. Other then that the shifter is very tight, clips into gear, very positive, and reminds me of the Hurst shifter I had on my 2004 Mustang GT. There is no way to miss third.
I thought I would try this shifter since it was a lot cheaper than the MGW. Plus I wanted to bolt a hurst chrome stick on and it was a direct bolt-on for the Pro 5.0. Very happy with this shifter.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Everyone who posts about having the MGW prefers it over the previous shifter they owned, no matter if their previous shifter was Steeda, Shelby, Pro 5.0, "insert another brand shifter here"

You get what you pay for.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I hear what your saying^^^^ however, I'm happy with my Drake shifter
and don't feel the need to change----"not broke, dont fix it" type attitude

sikryd

Established Member
I installed the MGW on my 2011 a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Install was a pain in the a$$ on jack stands but not to bad.

Kostas

Established Member
I hear what your saying^^^^ however, I'm happy with my Drake shifter
and don't feel the need to change----"not broke, dont fix it" type attitude

+1 My Tri ax (and the TVS) is about the only things on my car that hasnt been changed twice lol

Users who are viewing this thread