Pro line engines experience?

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
Dose anybody have experience with pro line race engines in ga. I know they have done some big name builds with underground racing and tim lynch. Looking for experience with small cheaper builds like ours not that ours are cheap but you know what iam saying. Looking for a complete build

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
no personal experience, I have three friends with UGR cars that have proline motors, all make big power, all have been reliable.

Zemedici

Established Member
Coworker used to work there, and long story short, they do incredible work.

They're 'expensive', however he said the standard there is insanely high. Everything is exact, builds are done the right way without cutting corners.

Go for it, you'll be happy you did.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
ProLine is at the top of the list of engine builders! A lot of people who runs ADRL uses them along with outlaw, 275 or any other sub 5 second 1/8 mile classes.

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
Thanks guys for the info. i just moved 10 miles from pro line so local engine builder is a big plus+! i have seen there name in relative with big name racers and ect. its just nice to hear that from other cobra owners too. its scary doing these engine builds cause u are droping so much of your hard earned money in it and you hear all these horror storys about them and multiple rebuilds. so trying to find the right one is key and money too but i always beleaved that you get what you pay for ....right? i been looking at some of the other choice livernois/mmr ect but the money ill save in shipping and shipping insurance from a local builder is a big savings. my car has been down over a year now and iam starting to have major cobra withdraws. thanks again for the info, and if anybody has any person build exp. with PL please chim in also keep a eye out for my build its a little diff than most, same 2.8 mammoth but with a custom 2 stage nitrous injection pre/post blower with kurgan tune should be sick 1000+rwh.:-D

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I got a quote for them to build the motor in my lightning before I ended up just trading it in and all things considered the price was not that bad considering the power level it was gonna be built for arp everything etc..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
should that read only proline builds for ugr now? theres no way proline stopped building motors for the rest of the world

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
ya i hope not, hard to see there being that many rich guys taking their 150-500,000.00$$$$ cars to put a $150,000.00 performace package on it at least enough to close down businuss to every one eles...lol

speeddemon2000

Established Member
My motor was built by pro-line. They have great customer service and you don't have to worry about getting the run around like some shops.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Coworker used to work there, and long story short, they do incredible work.

They're 'expensive', however he said the standard there is insanely high. Everything is exact, builds are done the right way without cutting corners.

Go for it, you'll be happy you did.

+1. Excellent reputation but expensive.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
pro-line stopped doing most of the small motor jobs from my understanding. they are sticking to only high-line stuff now.

I could be wrong or maybe they changed their minds but I live in Georgia and im only about 1 hour south of them. ive been to the shop and talked to lynch and petty both.

but again last I heard was they stopped building motors for the "average joe's"

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
we have been a proline dealer for years.. they wont do smaller jobs for the public, but will work with their dealer network.. they are not much more expensive then the standard guy.

Zemedici

Established Member
we have been a proline dealer for years.. they wont do smaller jobs for the public, but will work with their dealer network.. they are not much more expensive then the standard guy.

Have you had any problems out of them, Bob?

They wont do work for the general public right, you gotta go through a dealer

Last edited:

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
i called proline today to see if they could build my motor and to my disapointment they no longer build custom engines or single engine builds. they build prebuilt engine packages that you buy done or have to be contracted in with a vender or dealer such as underground.

Users who are viewing this thread