Problem With Vendor BLACKGT500nCA Taking Money and Not Delivering Product.

hb712

Established Member
Honestly, I don't like it. The acrylic cut is either a horrible design choice or very shoddy craftsmanship. The rough curve(s) (including the . in 5.0) just look bad. We've already addressed the issues with the sign, but they just add to my personal distaste.

I'm sorry if that seems harsh, and it looks much better from further away. I probably wouldn't notice those things if I were at a show without prior knowledge anyway. I hope you end up happy with it in the end, and I'm glad you're finally done with the whole process!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Three things that I just noticed that I'm not liking.
1. The LED lights get their power from your battery and use a cable that apparently plugs into the outlet inside your car. The cable just presents a potential hazard if caught and pulled, and it hurts the neatness of the stand itself. I would have gone with a built-in battery setup to power the lighting.
2. I would have centered the base (or weighted the other end) because as it is now it looks possible for it to topple over if the stand is bumped hard enough. I guess he designed it so you have to put the bulk of the base under the car to ensure that if it IS tipped that it will catch the underside of the car and therefore not fall completely over. But if it isn't under the car and bumped hard enough, over it goes onto the ground.
3. Are those red lights along the sides and bottom of the sign? I don't see them lit? Are they accent lights? I think maybe the display itself would look a bit cleaner without them. And I would have kept the spacing (distance from the black sign edges) consistent on all 3 sides. Actually I would have just not added them for a cleaner look.

But overall an interesting and decent presentation.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Three things that I just noticed that I'm not liking.
1. The LED lights get their power from your battery and use a cable that apparently plugs into the outlet inside your car. The cable just presents a potential hazard if caught and pulled, and it hurts the neatness of the stand itself. I would have gone with a built-in battery setup to power the lighting.
2. I would have centered the base (or weighted the other end) because as it is now it looks possible for it to topple over if the stand is bumped hard enough. I guess he designed it so you have to put the bulk of the base under the car to ensure that if it IS tipped that it will catch the underside of the car and therefore not fall completely over. But if it isn't under the car and bumped hard enough, over it goes onto the ground.
3. Are those red lights along the sides and bottom of the sign? I don't see them lit? Are they accent lights? I think maybe the display itself would look a bit cleaner without them. And I would have kept the spacing (distance from the black sign edges) consistent on all 3 sides. Actually I would have just not added them for a cleaner look.

But overall an interesting and decent presentation.

1. Agree
2. I think it's designed to go under the tire to hold it up.
3. Those are the bolts that hold the acrylic together.

RC-5.0

Established Member
1. Agree
2. I think it's designed to go under the tire to hold it up.
3. Those are the bolts that hold the acrylic together.

1. The cord is just "thrown" there for the lighted photo- Remember in Day shows, probably not needed. IN night shows, will not be as visible. The cord can be run down the back of the tire, under the back edge of the stand and through the bottom of the door.
2. CORRECT..the tire runs over the base of the stand to hold it in place. There are a few stands on the market designed this way.
3. Yes..Powder coated assembly bolts.
RC

Remember the point of this post was the service from the vendor, not the actual pros/cons of the purchased item. I don't expect the multi-thousand viewers of this thread to like the piece. A lot of people slammed me when I had the coyotes painted on the radiator cover...that's all everyone talks about at car shows when they pass by.

Thanks
RC

Last edited:

hoamskilet

Established Member
Overall it looks like a cool piece to present your car. From the distance people will be viewing it they'll never notice the jagged cuts (although i'd be pissed too after having to deal with these clowns). Congrats on actually getting it regardless. I'd still be sure to trash these guys wherever I notice their business mentioned

RC-5.0

Established Member
LOL...yeah, the cutting is usually only noticed from afar anyway...if someone were to approach, it would be to read the poster, but that's not the point.
RC

2001sleeper

Established Member
Overall I think it will standout at the car from a positive light.
Assuming stands like this are not everywhere, I would be impressed with the whole presentation (car, popped hood, and sign).

Most of us are nit picking due to the hassle posted here.

do you have a thread somewhere with the hood popped in presentation form?

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
NMRA%20Plaques2_zpsuu3rnbep.jpg

The red coil covers were only on display to sell..normally not there.

Users who are viewing this thread