Problem With Vendor BLACKGT500nCA Taking Money and Not Delivering Product.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Anyone else here had any dealings with this user on here, aka as "The Powder House"? They took my $200 deposit for a product over 8 weeks ago, with a 4-6 week promised time. Not only did they not deliver, but I keep emailing them, calling them and leaving messages and they dont reply. The few times they DID reply (over weeks ago), they (the person) was very rude and condescending. Just curious, because I know that SVTP will not allow their "approved vendors" to rip off their members.

Thanks
RC

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I believe ive read they have long turn around times if im not mistaken

RC-5.0

Established Member
I believe ive read they have long turn around times if im not mistaken

There's a difference between long turn around time and ignoring all your phone calls and messages TWO WEEKS past promised date after taking your $200 deposit.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
There's a difference between long turn around time and ignoring all your phone calls and messages TWO WEEKS past promised date after taking your $200 deposit.

I hope you get it worked out and get the stuff you ordered or your money back. I read a post earlier today with someone else wondering what the deal was with them and another a few weeks back.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I hope you get it worked out and get the stuff you ordered or your money back. I read a post earlier today with someone else wondering what the deal was with them and another a few weeks back.
Thanks.
I hope anyone who reads this takes this as a "respectful" way of getting my message across. I know there is no vendor bashing on here, so I hope that is not the take away. I "COULD" write a long post stating exactly what happened, which I may end up doing if there is no resolution with The Powder House. I just don't believe I should be ignored and treated so disrespectfully when I am spending over $500 on a non-necessity.
RC

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I could be wrong but I feel like for every positive review of this place there is a negative one from someone else. This seems to be a recurring problem for their staff, hope you get it resolved OP!

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Sounds pretty shady, hopefully one of the admins sees this and helps out. Maybe PM one of them, they will definitely take care of it.

One way or another you'll get it worked out if they're a sponsor. I'd make sure to give them a piece of my mind though the way you've been treated. That's completely inexcusable not responding to customers while you still have their money and haven't shipped the product they paid for.

Zemedici

Established Member
No, you're not the only one to have problems with brian at the powder house. seems these threads are becoming more and more frequent. they're real quick to give you a Quote and take your money - then it seems they fall off the face of the Earth

I had issues, as did probably 10 other members

Last edited:

jsonic

Established Member
That's a shame because from what I have seen brian does great work. I had emailed him 3-4 weeks ago about my coil covers and what I wanted to do with them and I believe his wife sara emailed me back promptly with the pictures I asked. I never got around to sending them to his shop and now I am considering finding someone local.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I will always go local. Powdercoating has taken off like crazy and lots of shops are doing it. Just gotta inquire around your area and see. I hope you get your stuff back in good shape and without anymore problems.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I could be wrong but I feel like for every positive review of this place there is a negative one from someone else. This seems to be a recurring problem for their staff, hope you get it resolved OP!

Thanks...I have seen NO good reviews yet on customer service or expedience....only on the products themselves..unfortunately, I have only read them AFTER this.

Paypal has a 45 day window. If passed that, they won't care.

I explained it ALL to PayPal.. but Sara was being clever (I guess she knows). She Put the PayPal invoice as "SERVICE" deposit, not "PRODUCT" deposit. ALSO, when I sell stuff I put in the terms that the buyer is entitled to a FULL REFUND of deposit if product not delivered by Xxxx such date. She did not..just put SERVICE. According to PayPal, that is NOT a covered protection...I guess she knew what she was doing.

Sounds pretty shady, hopefully one of the admins sees this and helps out. Maybe PM one of them, they will definitely take care of it.
I have forwarded this to LL and he gave me the Green Light to Post it. He also said he was forwarded my PM to Admin Sid. As long As I kept it clean it was ok..I think I have done that.

One way or another you'll get it worked out if they're a sponsor. I'd make sure to give them a piece of my mind though the way you've been treated. That's completely inexcusable not responding to customers while you still have their money and haven't shipped the product they paid for.
I have been biting my tongue, because I was afraid that if I do let them have it they would keep my $200 AND NOT give me my stand. You see where that has gotten me.

No, you're not the only one to have problems with brian at the powder house. seems these threads are becoming more and more frequent. they're real quick to give you a Quote and take your money - then it seems they fall off the face of the Earth
THAT IS SO TRUE...they were ALL before the deposit was made.
I had issues, as did probably 10 other members
WOW
That's a shame because from what I have seen brian does great work. I had emailed him 3-4 weeks ago about my coil covers and what I wanted to do with them and I believe his wife sara emailed me back promptly with the pictures I asked. I never got around to sending them to his shop and now I am considering finding someone local.

Yeah, they were quick to help before the deposit. Apparently they don't send emails or answer phone calls if the kids are out of school. WOW, I email customers at midnight sometimes...takes 2 mins.
This is why I will always go local. Powdercoating has taken off like crazy and lots of shops are doing it. Just gotta inquire around your area and see. I hope you get your stuff back in good shape and without anymore problems.

I really liked the work they do with their display stands and have seen great stuff...can't find that where I am. I figured they are well known on here so what the heck..guess Im learning the hard way.

RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
So people don't think I am making stuff up, here is a DIRECT EMAIL REPLY FROM SARA when I asked to get my deposit back on week number 5. I needed the sign by the following week (week number 6), and at this point I STILL had not seen a proof of the display poster in which i sent my mods list for. (knowing that we were still a few weeks away at best). I asked to deal directly with Brian since he's the one that set it up and I was not happy with her delays in replying. HERE IS HER EMAIL: (after complaining about the delay and asking for Brian)

Maybe you don't understand. Not that I feel I always have to explain myself but here, that way you know. This business is run by two people. Myself and my husband Brian. Brian coats. That is ALL Brian does. Brian does not handle customers often. He likes to focus on the projects and the work to be done. I do all of the customers and handle all of the office needs. As for being here from 9-3 everyday before I am here and after I am here I am a mother. As a matter of fact, my 2 month old is swinging next to me, I am never not a mother. And it may seem harsh, maybe you don't have kids, but my family will always come first. When the children are allowed a ridiculous week off for "presidents" it is NOTHING I have a hand in creating. I find the week off to be a big joke. But none the less there is no one to care for my children but myself. This is a personal choice we have made for our family. So about once a month there are days or even a whole week or two where I am practically unavailable.

Its not easy on our customers, I understand but its not because we do not care about you, or because we feel like blowing people off, its because we are busy working on projects. We have regular lives. When you own your own business there is literally no one else. We are a very busy shop. Things take time. I am still within my 6 weeks.

HOW's this for customer service SVT mods? The sad thing on their part is I was STILL willing to pay the balance to get my stand and poster.. Now I just want my $200 back.
RC

Zemedici

Established Member
WOW

Yeah, they were quick to help before the deposit. Apparently they don't send emails or answer phone calls if the kids are out of school. WOW, I email customers at midnight sometimes...takes 2 mins.
RC

Bingo, as some of the members here know, I will supply them with part #s even in the wee hours of the morning. Its just part of customer service sometimes, and if I'm awake, why not help a customer in need? As I've told other members, dont have high expectations when dealing with them. I can PM you my story if you'd like.

Zemedici

Established Member
So people don't think I am making stuff up, here is a DIRECT EMAIL REPLY FROM SARA when I asked to get my deposit back on week number 5. I needed the sign by the following week (week number 6), and at this point I STILL had not seen a proof of the display poster in which i sent my mods list for. (knowing that we were still a few weeks away at best). I asked to deal directly with Brian since he's the one that set it up and I was not happy with her delays in replying. HERE IS HER EMAIL: (after complaining about the delay and asking for Brian)

Maybe you don't understand. Not that I feel I always have to explain myself but here, that way you know. This business is run by two people. Myself and my husband Brian. Brian coats. That is ALL Brian does. Brian does not handle customers often. He likes to focus on the projects and the work to be done. I do all of the customers and handle all of the office needs. As for being here from 9-3 everyday before I am here and after I am here I am a mother. As a matter of fact, my 2 month old is swinging next to me, I am never not a mother. And it may seem harsh, maybe you don't have kids, but my family will always come first. When the children are allowed a ridiculous week off for "presidents" it is NOTHING I have a hand in creating. I find the week off to be a big joke. But none the less there is no one to care for my children but myself. This is a personal choice we have made for our family. So about once a month there are days or even a whole week or two where I am practically unavailable.

Its not easy on our customers, I understand but its not because we do not care about you, or because we feel like blowing people off, its because we are busy working on projects. We have regular lives. When you own your own business there is literally no one else. We are a very busy shop. Things take time. I am still within my 6 weeks.

HOW's this for customer service SVT mods? The sad thing on their part is I was STILL willing to pay the balance to get my stand and poster.. Now I just want my $200 back.
RC

oh that's similar to the email which I have saved where I addressed the damage on my shift knob that I had to have re-coated (which would mean this is the 3rd time dealing with this same shift knob), to which she replied 'yeah that happens' aka 'tough luck'. When I brought up the THOUSANDS of knobs i've seen without visible damage to them, there were crickets....

cj428mach

Established Member
Most of the stuff I had see them do looked very nice but there was always threads like these popping up that helped keep me from doing business with them. Its a shame as it seems most of the time the product was very nice. Surely this thread here will have to be the final nail in their coffin as telling customers that have paid tough S*** because I have to babysit isn't going to cut it.

Blackoyote

Established Member

If business is doing so well and they don't have the means to properly run it, doesn't that scream to them they should hire someone to help?

Last edited:

XtraTQ

Established Member
If business is doing so well and they don't have the means to properly run it, doesn't that scream to them they should hire someone to help?

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo. Seems pretty simple to me.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Tell them you are canceling your order, get your money back and find someone else with a better rep.

Seems to be an ongoing issue with this company. They may do good work, but customer service is spotty it seems.

I understand there are unexpected circumstances when running a small/family business, however constantly giving customers the run around isn't good gonna make you a hit in the auto community.

I've tried giving a local parts guy my business repeatedly, but he kept giving me excuses... "Parts are coming next week" he would say. After 3 weeks of it, I took my business elsewhere.

Good luck OP.

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
Tell them you are canceling your order, get your money back and find someone else with a better rep.

Seems to be an ongoing issue with this company. They may do good work, but customer service is spotty it seems.

I understand there are unexpected circumstances when running a small/family business, however constantly giving customers the run around isn't good gonna make you a hit in the auto community.

I've tried giving a local parts guy my business repeatedly, but he kept giving me excuses... "Parts are coming next week" he would say. After 3 weeks of it, I took my business elsewhere.

Good luck OP.

Sara told me my deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE, or else I would have. If she just refunded my money 3 weeks ago when I asked...this thread would have never popped up.

WHAT I don't understand is if there are this many issues with them, how are they still allowed to be an authorized vendor on SVT?

Keep in mind we're almost on week 9 on a 4-6 week order. Shipping from CA to FL is 5 days, and they have not even sent me a proof to review of the poster...it gets here as fast as it can NOW, we are still looking at 10-11 weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread