Problem With Vendor BLACKGT500nCA Taking Money and Not Delivering Product.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
As for damage. Your ball was not damaged and the chip was from where the hook touched the part. Think about how someone could hang your ball. We have long S hooks that ALL powder coaters use. The hook goes up into the bottom of the ball but it naturally falls back to lean on the hook. There are times where this is something that cannot be avoided. It happens and when it does its always in a conspicuous place. No one can see the chip, you don't see it, kinda one of those things you have to accept. Sorry.
WOW! Totally LAME response right there.

U.M.

Zemedici

Established Member
Brian told me via phone call 'i'll powder coat it for free, just get me the knob' since it was so small and he was just starting out on the forum (this was over a year ago) in exchange for me spreading the word on the forum.

2 months after I ordered the knob (which he got, so $40 I expected) I got a paypal invoice for ~$100, i just said '**** it' and paid it. It took a month for Brian to ship the completed knob to me, as it was sitting on his desk the entire time.

After a few months of use the shift knob starts to deteriorate. He offers to fix it for free. Takes him 3-4 weeks to redo it, and I get it back chipped. I've got pictures of the damage if ya'll wanna see.

Anywho,

I'll paste my response to that email.

Sara:

This is far from the type of response I was hoping to receive. I understand things don't always go smoothly, but a business should take these types of things into consideration when quoting a turnaround to a customer. I am in the customer service industry as well and this fall back onto the business, not the consumer. It is not the consumer's fault that the business is overwhelmed, nor should it be reflected that way to the consumer.

Referring to the damage, I've got some experience (not as much as you guys do, obviously) with powder coating, and painting. I understand as well that sometimes accidents happen, but to say 'it cant be avoided, deal with it' leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I've looked at literally thousands of powdercoated shift knobs, none of which were in the shape mine is in. So there has to be a way of doing it (or redoing it) where it doesnt turn out that way.

I'm glad you guys took care of the ball where it deteriorated, but that's part of customer service, sometimes things go awry that are not under anyones control (the sticker coming off) vs being under someone's control (other aspects of this situation)

I would love to have you guys do more work, I was especially interested in having calipers done, but seeing as you guys dont do cores anymore, etc, that'd be rather difficult.

All of these different reasons are the evidence for my comment on the forum. I'm not going to blast you guys on the board, that's just not who I am. I'm just sharing with you my side of what happened. Hopefully you guys have gotten your turnaround times straightened out and a bit more organized.

From one businessman to another (or businesswoman :D ), I hope ya'll the best.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I'd like to see the pics.

Pretty crappy to charge you on what was supposed to be a good will service. I see their business crumbling if they keep this nonsense up.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
It happens and when it does its always in a conspicuous place. No one can see the chip, you don't see it, kinda one of those things you have to accept. Sorry.

Conspicuous means exactly the opposite of what she stated!?

And there are businesses called daycare for her children. A job site is not exactly the best or safest environment.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
vW6fOgO.jpg

It wouldnt be a big deal but the transactions been kind of sketchy from the start, and the piece has already deteriorated one time. Not to mention where this chip is right where your middle finger sits, so its a constant reminder

I've since thrown the thing in a dresser drawer, and I use a F*cking fast shift knob now.

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
I just got this email from Sara:

Robert,

We are currently working on your order. As soon as we have an update, we will let you know. Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend!

Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast

I would love to know the definition of "working on your order"
Keep in mind. I sent a .ppt layout of the mods with a couple pics. She was supposed to do a professional layout on how the posters are done (watermark photos, etc).

I STILL have not gotten back ONE PROOF to look at in almost 9 weeks.

Zemedici

Established Member
I just got this email from Sara:

Robert,

We are currently working on your order. As soon as we have an update, we will let you know. Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend!

Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast

I would love to know the definition of "working on your order"
Keep in mind. I sent a .ppt layout of the mods with a couple pics. She was supposed to do a professional layout on how the posters are done (watermark photos, etc).

I STILL have not gotten back ONE PROOF to look at in almost 9 weeks.

That's just to try and keep you quiet. They did the same shit with me

And they're working on your order but don't have an update - yet they're the only 2 people that work there? Hmm.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Just looking at the emails, she doesn't know the meaning of the word Customer Service. More and threads like this pop up weekly. They need to either hire a real staff or he needs to powder for someone else's shop.

It looks like the mindset here is, do it solo, hire no one, and keep 100% of the profits, even if we don't take care of the paying customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Just looking at the emails, she doesn't know the meaning of the word Customer Service. More and threads like this pop up weekly. They need to either hire a real staff or he needs to powder for someone else's shop.

It looks like the mindset here is, do it solo, hire no one, and keep 100% of the profits, even if we don't take care of the paying customers.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
That's too bad. don't think they are trying to screw anyone over, but they need to either hire more people or cut back on the deposits they take and tell people they are backed up.

OT, am I the only one seeing posted being doubled or "updated"?

- - - Updated - - -

RC-5.0

Established Member
RC if you paid paypal by CC, dispute the charge.

PayPal direct...I already disputed and PP ruled in THEIR favor, since they underhandedly put "SERVICE" instead of PRODUCT.

- - - Updated - - -

NO Customer service skills at all.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
PayPal direct...I already disputed and PP ruled in THEIR favor, since they underhandedly put "SERVICE" instead of PRODUCT.

NO Customer service skills at all.

you used your bank account or a credit card for paypal? If you used a credit card for paypal you can dispute with the credit card company. If you used your bank account, you'll see your part in 2016.

TexasPoke

Established Member
Do any of the Moderators here have a good relationship with the vendor so they can get in contact with them and direct them to this thread? Weird that I haven't seen one in here yet to try and get this situation fixed. They are usually so quick.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Wow at those emails. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

When you take someone's money, don't keep in contact with them, and don't give them an option to get a refund because of YOUR lack of business skills, THERE IS NO EXCUSE. Then to bring your kids into the mix and blame it on "being a parent", like millions of other people don't have kids and work too. Lame

You took a customer's money, have not made good on the promise to deliver on time, and have not kept in communication with them. REFUND THEM! Hopefully people can learn from this and steer clear of them.

einehund

Established Member
Thanks to the OP and everyone else in this thread. I really want my calipers painted/powdercoated grabber blue with white letters.... but not from this company now. I'll keep looking.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
you used your bank account or a credit card for paypal? If you used a credit card for paypal you can dispute with the credit card company. If you used your bank account, you'll see your part in 2016.

This. I had a discussion with my credit card company a few months ago in a case that involved a PayPal payment. I was told that if PayPal ruled in favor of the seller that I could still dispute the charge on the credit card.

I hope that Brian and Sara get their issues resolved soon. They have the ability to make Powder House a very profitable business as we've seen some of the work they've done. Excellent work + excellent customer service = success.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I had a discussion with my credit card company a few months ago in a case that involved a PayPal payment. I was told that if PayPal ruled in favor of the seller that I could still dispute the charge on the credit card.

I hope that Brian and Sara get their issues resolved soon. They have the ability to make Powder House a very profitable business as we've seen some of the work they've done. Excellent work + excellent customer service = success.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Shotty customer service and excuses excuses, hire someone or take less work refund OP's money.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
LOL at that email, what a joke. Honestly, if you're in business keep your personal life out of it.

It's fine to have family values, but that is on you... not the guy trying to buy something. Be happy you got his business and do the job. Stop making excuses!

Happy to take and spend the money but you cant be held accountable for your side of the agreement? Providing the service in the time you agreed to?

I say again, what a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread