Problem With Vendor BLACKGT500nCA Taking Money and Not Delivering Product.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Wow this is probably the thrid or fourth negative thread I have seen about them.

That's why I posted this. I want the MODS to see this and encourage them to refund my deposit and let me walk away with 9 lost weeks.

If they have to hire someone, less money for them......hence why she's running the shop with her 2 year old there with them.

Not only that, but I tried to get my deposit in in Dec. They had a newborn then, so there were NO ANSWERING of any calls or Emails.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's why I posted this. I want the MODS to see this and encourage them to refund my deposit and let me walk away with 9 lost weeks.

Not only that, but I tried to get my deposit in in Dec. They had a newborn then, so there were NO ANSWERING of any calls or Emails.

exactly, before that it was the whole 'moving shops' excuse, then 'moving houses' yada yada yada. Excuses keep coming

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
So people don't think I am making stuff up, here is a DIRECT EMAIL REPLY FROM SARA when I asked to get my deposit back on week number 5. I needed the sign by the following week (week number 6), and at this point I STILL had not seen a proof of the display poster in which i sent my mods list for. (knowing that we were still a few weeks away at best). I asked to deal directly with Brian since he's the one that set it up and I was not happy with her delays in replying. HERE IS HER EMAIL: (after complaining about the delay and asking for Brian)

Maybe you don't understand. Not that I feel I always have to explain myself but here, that way you know. This business is run by two people. Myself and my husband Brian. Brian coats. That is ALL Brian does. Brian does not handle customers often. He likes to focus on the projects and the work to be done. I do all of the customers and handle all of the office needs. As for being here from 9-3 everyday before I am here and after I am here I am a mother. As a matter of fact, my 2 month old is swinging next to me, I am never not a mother. And it may seem harsh, maybe you don't have kids, but my family will always come first. When the children are allowed a ridiculous week off for "presidents" it is NOTHING I have a hand in creating. I find the week off to be a big joke. But none the less there is no one to care for my children but myself. This is a personal choice we have made for our family. So about once a month there are days or even a whole week or two where I am practically unavailable.

Its not easy on our customers, I understand but its not because we do not care about you, or because we feel like blowing people off, its because we are busy working on projects. We have regular lives. When you own your own business there is literally no one else. We are a very busy shop. Things take time. I am still within my 6 weeks.

HOW's this for customer service SVT mods? The sad thing on their part is I was STILL willing to pay the balance to get my stand and poster.. Now I just want my $200 back.
RC

Take her up on that.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
yeah i'm going with a guy who is a cousin of one of my team members. owns his own powder coating business and is a veteran, so vets helping vets. seems like good work from his FB page , i already got a quote for my steggy and valve covers

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sucks to see you go through these problems.

What Sara doesn't understand is if you cannot run a business with a child, you either need to hire someone else or make exceptions for customers.

I run a small company but am not the owner. When I am at the office, only the customers matter. Even after hours, I still respond to emails to let the Customer know I am working on their request/quote/order and will send more info later. At least keeping them in the loop is a huge part of BASIC Customer Service.

Even if the work itself is good, the poor customer service will deter customers from them. They may feel they get enough business from other customers to keep going, but, if they keep pulling crap like this, their business WILL start to hurt. With a mentality of "My family is more important, I cannot help you if it means putting them off to the side for 10 minutes" no one more and more bad reviews are coming up.

To me, Customer Service is a huge factor in dealing with ANY company. Good product, bad customer service, no thanks. I'll go to someone that does similar work and has better customer service that is willing to work with me if there are any problems.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Man that's just too bad if true. Opposite of my experience but that was a long time ago when I had him do my valve covers in Mystichrome.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Communication wasn't their strong point but the powder house has coated multiple items for me. I think that's my only complaint along with others. I think they have a hellcat problem going on, taking on too many orders and they can't keep up. They should stop taking orders until they finish the orders they already have.

I will add all my items came back perfect

- - - Updated - - -

Communication wasn't their strong point but the powder house has coated multiple items for me. I think that's my only complaint along with others. I think they have a hellcat problem going on, taking on too many orders and they can't keep up. They should stop taking orders until they finish the orders they already have.

I will add all my items came back perfect

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
The excuse that she gave you about taking care of her kids is as bad as it gets. The money you receive from your job helps take care of the kids. I'm sure they make enough to afford day care or a babysitter when school is out. If they don't they should move to a more economical residence or sell his GT500. My thoughts are if you don't take care of the job and customers how are you going to take care of the kids or provide for your family? This is really bad and I hope they make it right with you RC.

verbal

Established Member
Wow that email was painful to read. It sounds like she had a rough morning with the kids and OP's email put her over the edge. She should not be in any type of customer facing role.

The reality is they probably make more than enough money to pay for child care or another employee but would rather do a half ass job at both things to save money.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Wow, that email was one of the most piss poor examples of customer service that I've ever seen.

Sounds like they've bitten off more than they can chew and need to either hire an employee or throw in the towel

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Didn't Sara and Brian have a thread here where both of them posted?

Someone should send them a PM with a link to this thread and see if they are willing to acknowledge this and post publicly why they are shitting on people because of their personal choices and avoiding the problem at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Sara and Brian have a thread here where both of them posted?

Someone should send them a PM with a link to this thread and see if they are willing to acknowledge this and post publicly why they are shitting on people because of their personal choices and avoiding the problem at hand.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
As a small business owner, the excuses I see from some of these places is ridiculous. I can't stand when the excuse of "we're small, blah blah blah" is used as if it will make everything better. Your personal issues aren't my problem and shouldn't play a roll in you providing the product/service I paid for.

I've worked sick, injured, and everything else short of a big death. OP did you pay by credit card? If so I would call them and have your money pulled back, should't be an issue especially with the email you got.

Zemedici

Established Member
hold up i'll post my last email from them about my damaged shift knob.

Josh,

Ahhh yes, time. I hate time. :) Its something that I could admit to being an issue within our business and even after all of this time its still a toss up. Looking at your part, its small, it takes this much to coat it, its a week to two only because of other jobs in shop. BUT coating doesn't always go smoothly. It doesn't always bake right, or twice a year our oven units burn out, or for the case of 2014 we jammed as much into that year as possible to cause stress. I can look at a job and say it will take me X time but it doesn't always work that way. Brian has agreed that he cannot quote turn around times. He looks at the job individually where as I look at the job and put it in line with other's already in the shop and then I throw in a couple extra days for life crap to come into play. Im sorry for the turn around. We are far more organized than we used to be but we are a shop with a reputation for fantastic work and horrible turn arounds. I guess you could always say we take our time on your parts to achieve high quality.

As for damage. Your ball was not damaged and the chip was from where the hook touched the part. Think about how someone could hang your ball. We have long S hooks that ALL powder coaters use. The hook goes up into the bottom of the ball but it naturally falls back to lean on the hook. There are times where this is something that cannot be avoided. It happens and when it does its always in a conspicuous place. No one can see the chip, you don't see it, kinda one of those things you have to accept. Sorry.

Last edited:

03slow6

Established Member
Out of sight, out of mind? Thats not a good business practice. ^ They ****ed it up, they should have fixed it.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
hold up i'll post my last email from them about my damaged shift knob.

Josh,

Ahhh yes, time. I hate time. :) Its something that I could admit to being an issue within our business and even after all of this time its still a toss up. Looking at your part, its small, it takes this much to coat it, its a week to two only because of other jobs in shop. BUT coating doesn't always go smoothly. It doesn't always bake right, or twice a year our oven units burn out, or for the case of 2014 we jammed as much into that year as possible to cause stress. I can look at a job and say it will take me X time but it doesn't always work that way. Brian has agreed that he cannot quote turn around times. He looks at the job individually where as I look at the job and put it in line with other's already in the shop and then I throw in a couple extra days for life crap to come into play. Im sorry for the turn around. We are far more organized than we used to be but we are a shop with a reputation for fantastic work and horrible turn arounds. I guess you could always say we take our time on your parts to achieve high quality.

As for damage. Your ball was not damaged and the chip was from where the hook touched the part. Think about how someone could hang your ball. We have long S hooks that ALL powder coaters use. The hook goes up into the bottom of the ball but it naturally falls back to lean on the hook. There are times where this is something that cannot be avoided. It happens and when it does its always in a conspicuous place. No one can see the chip, you don't see it, kinda one of those things you have to accept. Sorry.

I would have lost my shit, if I got that as a reply for why I got sub par quality items. They speak like one of the monster shops that are "too big to fail" and treat customers like crap.

How much did that knob run you?

Users who are viewing this thread