Problems at the other lightning site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimace

Established Member
Well, piss on him and that site. I didn't renew my membership, and won't now.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Maybe I'm missing something, but why is everyone pissed? I rarely go to NLOC anymore, I barely have enough time to visit here, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Anyone care to fill me in?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Im 99% of the time there for the FLOC section. I would never give that website a dime of my money.

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
I was on this morning checking my thread in FLOC, but now I'm getting a message saying they are updating their site and to please check back later... anyone else gettin this, or am I banned too LOL?
-Joshua

txyaloo

Established Member
Im Blown said:
I was on this morning checking my thread in FLOC, but now I'm getting a message saying they are updating their site and to please check back later... anyone else gettin this, or am I banned too LOL?
-Joshua

Everyone's getting this. In the other thread, they think Big D took it down to clean up some of the posts. I'd take SVTP over NLOC any day.

JohninMD

Established Member
I went to NLOC because it had the local chapters, met some good people that way that I otherwise wouldn't have. I am on here 95% of the time, I don't post all that much but I read here daily.

marc2000gt

Established Member
I will give you the quick version. Things have happened in the past, but what is bringing it to a head is stopping members from building and selling parts without paying a $500 fee to become a Supporting Vendor. This is all from the Gen 1 section. We have limited parts out there for our trucks. Ford does not sell much for us anymore, and the SV's don't have hardly anything for us. Well a few members have started making a couple of parts here and there to help out all of us. Some of these parts like battery cables we need just to keep our trucks running. The stuff being made and sold is not offered by any of the SV's. The people making the parts are not making hardly anything off the parts, they are doing it to help other owners. They sure as heck can't pay a SV fee.

So what it comes down to is that the owner of the NLOC is out for money. If you read about it you will see that the NLOC is a for profit business. He does not care about his members. Did I mention that a lot of us pay a membership fee to "His" club? For my $30 a year I was paying to help keep up the forum. I thought I should give back for all the info I get. Well since his pockets are not being padded by it, he does not want us Gen 1 guys to get parts. Most of these parts are not offered by any vendor. I can see a problem if a vendor offered that same part, but for the most part they don't. The latest part that caused a problem was a member making a cold air intake for I think it was under 10 members.

Well a topic was made about all of this. Some members were not happy and said some things the owner did not like. Nothing all the bad, just the truth. No cussing, or calling names that I can remember. Well Mr. owner decides to pull out his ban stick on a bunch of members. Some of them paid members. So now the rest of us are getting in on it.

Last edited:

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
I just like the turbo and FL section.

JohninMD

Established Member
I brought the info here on the 2nd gen section because I know alot of people visit both sites. I don't think it is fair to the 1st Gen that Big D can get away with this. Yes it is his site to do with what he wants, and thats where everyone can pitch in and stop supporting his power trip. If enough people stop using it maybe he will get the message. I think SVTperformance is a much better place, more friendly people and almost the same info.

I do like the locals section they had, maybe that could be something that could be expanded on here?

KwikSilvr

Established Member
I would come to this site more often, but it seems to be down alot, and not very reliable... if it got better, I would kick NLOC because the info on this site seems to be a bar above...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread