Problems at the other lightning site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank 93L

Established Member
Marc hit the nail right on the head. Think your speechless now? Read through and follow the links from the link the original poster posted. There's even links of the thread (now stored on a member's personal website) that got everyone banned before it was deleted.

When we start trying to spread the word to other members of NLOC, they shut the site down because they don't have full time access to delete everything we post because they're tied up at Lfest.

If y'all could spread the word that would be great. We're not trying to gain anything out of this except let BigD feel the heat.

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
I had issues with my pm. I could recieve pm's but couldn't send them off. I don't have patience for that, I don't think I will visit that site much more

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
KwikSilvr said:
I would come to this site more often, but it seems to be down alot, and not very reliable... if it got better, I would kick NLOC because the info on this site seems to be a bar above...

Sid is working on getting a new server right now.;-)

Frank 93L

Established Member
This site does seem like a better alternative for gen2 guys, but NLOC was defenitely better (informatively) for gen1's.

marc2000gt

Established Member
It was until we could not talk about the few parts out there for our trucks anymore.

Lets think about that for a minute. This all happened because we were talking about parts that are available for our trucks. How stupid is that. Unless the parts are from an SV we are not allowed to talk about them.

Last edited:

Frank 93L

Established Member
We have a pretty good following so far. 40 previous NLOC members are residing at DelValLo.net for now. BigD really messed up.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Frank 93L said:
This site does seem like a better alternative for gen2 guys, but NLOC was defenitely better (informatively) for gen1's.

True. We don't have a lot of Gen I members.

But, you guys could change that.:beer:

383svt

Established Member
I browse the site often, but usually just look at the hot gf thread. LOL

I will not renew my membership with NLOC either. too much stupid stuff there in the last year.

maybe I will have to stop in the gen1 section here more often instead of just the pic and vid forum.

marc2000gt

Established Member
I look at this site all the time. The only reason I don't post is because the Gen 1 section is pretty much dead.

I do like the Hot Girlfriends thread though.:-D Gotta check that daily.

Last edited:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
I don't get how someone could refuse help from one to another with out paying a stupid SV fee. We had a thread over there asking about some info and 2 members responded. One was understanding and help out greatly. The other one was a smart a$$ because we posted a pic from summit racing. Hope Karma plays a great role in this one!

marc2000gt

Established Member
383svt said:
I browse the site often, but usually just look at the hot gf thread. LOL

I will not renew my membership with NLOC either. too much stupid stuff there in the last year.

maybe I will have to stop in the gen1 section here more often instead of just the pic and vid forum.

We were typing the same thought about the GF thread.

marc2000gt

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Sid is working on getting a new server right now.;-)

Don't get the same one as The Corral. Their change was a big improvement. :rolleyes:

Mondo1

Established Member
Kinda like when Russians used to defect from the fatherland. I bailed a long time ago after telling off Big D. Its like the good Old U.S. of A. here! SVT performance is a refreshing change. Your treated like a true brother with tons of knowledgeable members as well as a comprehensive classified and discussion forum. So Bring us your poor, your tired ....your fed up!

madramper

Twin Turbo Gen 1!
Well, I am the scumbag that brought this all out :D

I made a CAI for my truck and a few people asked me to make more. I sold a total of 6 of them. I made a grand total of $15 for all 6.... not each! I was banned because I would not pay the $500 supporting vendor fee even though I said I would as soon as I had the money!

Oh well, I have been a member here for a while even though I never really posted. I guess I will be here more often now! :thumbsup:

marc2000gt

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Ouch! :lol1: I don't visit that site. But this will def be a nice upgrade.

Even with their upgrade it is worse than what you deal with here. I have been trying to got on for an hour over there.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
True. We don't have a lot of Gen I members.

But, you guys could change that.:beer:
That was my thought:rockon: I am hardly ever on over there because when i first started posting over their i always got smartass remarks cause i didnt know what i was talking about, i got my answers here and f150. Now i am always here and never anywere else unless i am looking at the for sale section

203Cree

Established Member
I hang out over there for the club section and that's about it. It's a bit more tight knit over here IMO, at least among the Gen 2 guys. Probably because there's maybe 30 of us that are constantly active, vs. twice that number or better over there. Don't have the alpha male BS to put up with.

And I don't recall there ever being the same issue here in my 3 years of being here. I mean, links aren't cool, but I don't recall discussion of a potentially good thing being squelched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread