Problems at the other lightning site

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
FlaHP said:
Both sites are slaves to vendors. Any time any censorship is enacted that protects hobbyist a site is doing a disservice.

These sites take very little work to run and are no that expensive. A small group of us have been playing around making one for fun and it’s not that tough. The hard part is getting the following.

For SVTP not to take care of all the down time and slow loading is ridiculous.

Did you read the posts above???? Sid is getting a new server.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
FlaHP said:
Both sites are slaves to vendors. Any time any censorship is enacted that protects hobbyist a site is doing a disservice.

These sites take very little work to run and are no that expensive. A small group of us have been playing around making one for fun and it’s not that tough. The hard part is getting the following.

For SVTP not to take care of all the down time and slow loading is ridiculous.

Good job reading my posts poco. Again I will say that things will be improving here shortly. And if you don't think these places are expensive to run think again. SVTP costs a small fortune to operate. That happens when you have over 64k members and nearly 5.5 million posts.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
SID297 said:
Things are about to change here as far as servers go. Also, everyone is welcome here. And you don't have to worry about the assholes, they get weeded out quickly.
Oh i know Travis Larry is on top of the weeding:bash: :-D
Glad to see your looking at another new server..... it has gotten better but you can always be faster. As far as being slow i dont think a lot of people relize that there are more than just Lightning people here...... its lightnings, cobras, regular mustangs and so on, and that kind of traffic can and will slow any site down...... i mean hell how many guests come to see the hot gf thread:rockon:

boosted635

Established Member
Frank 93L said:
The hack was only a few months ago. Another example of BigD sweeping stuff under the rug.
My bad, suffering from CRS:lol1: - that seemed like forever ago :beer:
This whole deal stinks and really is not fair, especially when Chip is only trying to help another L brother.
:idea: Next time Chip, put it in the classifieds for an unreasonable amount, pm the intended buyer, then give a big discount as a OBO purchase - no more SV:bs:
I also usually read more than post here b/c I seem to have so much trouble with the server. Look forward to the upgrade:thumbsup:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Wow, I had no clue.

I think I've been there a handful of times the past 6 months.

I still remember when me and Martin got banned for our signatures being over 6 lines...or was it 5 lines? Either way, we got booted because we ummmm, had a verbal brawl via PM's with one of the mods and he finally got pissed off and just banned us.

Stewart

JohninMD

Established Member
I fully understand the whole Supporting Vendors idea and what that means to a server, but there has to be a point that common sense prevails, like the little guy helping someone and not affecting the SV. Buying from someone who is not a SV does have risks, and I have read what the admins go through on here to make sure the SV holds up their end of the dealings. I just don't think thats the case at NLOC especially with regards to what started this whole mess.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Lightning Struck said:
Yeah, that was me.. You obviously didn't get the point, and I don't feel like enlightening you... It was an example of the B.S rules of NLOC. Summit is a vendor, and it is against NLOC rules to post links to non supporting vendors.

I can't interpret written sarcasm. If you comments were a joke then please indicate with "J/K" or an smily.

I completely agree with you that the site is now crap. Any useful information that was posted is quickly deleted because someone posted a link or let everyone know of a place that had great customer service. Thats why we are doing the 6-speed thread here and ONLY here. We know it will be taken care of.

Props to SID, Larry and Fade... keeping it clean and the vendors are great to.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
SID297 said:
Things are about to change here as far as servers go. Also, everyone is welcome here. And you don't have to worry about the assholes, they get weeded out quickly.

What are you talking about? LL has been here for years! :lol1:

FWIW I got banned on the other site without warning. No PM, no email, no nothing. There's a lot of info on there, but there's also an elitist attitude. I feel much more at home here.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
svt5.4 said:
I know the ban stick falls quickly here as well.

Ok, there's a HEE-YUUUUUUUUUGE difference between bannings here and there.

Over there, you get banned for no apparent reason, and I dare say 90% of the bannings (purely speculation on my part based on what the bannees have posted over the years) are without warning.

Here, usually only the douchbags who are acting like idiots get banned without warnings. And by their very nature, they probably know what they are doing will get them 86'd.

Everyone else almost always gets multiple warnings.

There's a no-nonsense approach to bannings here, and a nonsense, idiodic, "I'm the big fish" attitude to the bannings over there.

Plus, here at SVT P, some bans are levied in a 30, 60, and 90 day approach. Over there its bye-bye permanently the first time.

If you aren't in the clique over there, you need to watch your back.

Stewart

Last edited:

STRK BY

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
Established Member
SID297 said:

How about adding post "Preview" like the others, That would make this site so much better..........:beer:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
svt5.4 said:
I know the ban stick falls quickly here as well.

ONLY for members from Fl.:eek:

Before you have a fit, it was just a JOKE.:beer:

But really, we have pretty simple rules here. Some people can't or won't follow them.:nonono:

I usually give at least 2 warnings before a ban. Not always. But usually.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
STRK BY said:
How about adding post "Preview" like the others, That would make this site so much better..........:beer:

Heh, you like it, I hate it.

It's as annoying as an itch on your back ya can't reach.

Stewart

FlaHP

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
ONLY for members from Fl.:eek:

Before you have a fit, it was just a JOKE.:beer:

But really, we have pretty simple rules here. Some people can't or won't follow them.:nonono:

I usually give at least 2 warnings before a ban. Not always. But usually.

Not sure how the same thing would play out on SVTP???

We all have all the Kocky shirts and wanted more so….

A group of us Lightning guys have been making Lightning shirts. Can we talk about them on SVTP??? We make a whole $2 each on them but wanted some and are having fun doing it. So much 5 more are coming out in 2 weeks.

JDM stopped making the rear battery mount were the spare goes. So we are getting a half dozen or so made up.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
FlaHP said:
Not sure how the same thing would play out on SVTP???

We all have all the Kocky shirts and wanted more so….

A group of us Lightning guys have been making Lightning shirts. Can we talk about them on SVTP??? We make a whole $2 each on them but wanted some and are having fun doing it. So much 5 more are coming out in 2 weeks.

JDM stopped making the rear battery mount were the spare goes. So we are getting a half dozen or so made up.

You'd have to talk to Sid about that "before" you advertised them here. But, that is kind of cutting our T shirt vendor's throat.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
There's a big difference between advertising things for sale that SV's also offer, and the situation that was happening on NLOC.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
How about a compromise on it you guys. FlaHP could let Cocky make and sell the shirts for a 'design fee' off of each shirt. I'm in it for the shirt. How about some ash grey ones and some white ones. Back to well... you know, It had been over a year since I logged in over there, and that was as far as I got. I like it here better for the laid back atmospere. No one beats you with a hammer for not knowing everything. On another note, another post was right, I'm her for the Lightning first, the 90 5.0 second, the 07 gt third [wife's and I can't mod it] and hoping she don't see this post, the girls that Larry doesn't take down because of what they aren't dressed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread