Problems at the other lightning site

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Personally I don't have any issues with either site. I was put on the MU list a while ago on NLOC for breaking one of the rules. I was at fault and I was restored after a few days. I really love both sites. I like NLOC because it has educated me so much from the time I started modding. I didn't know this site was here until I had already registered over there. I will say that I'm over there a lot more than here simply because the server is faster over there. Once the server here is upgraded I'll probably be here just as much as over there. I like SVTP because people are allowed to be more honest here than on the other sites. The information here is pretty much the same as over there as a lot of members like myself post here and copy/paste over there. The moderators here are more personable than on the other sites. Half the time you don't even know who the mods are on NLOC. I don't have a problem at all with paying membership fees on NLOC. I understand that it takes money to run a site and if they want to make a business out of it, more power to them. I'm sure it's not cheap to organize Lightning Fest every year. I have said before and I'll say it again that I would not be opposed to paying membership fees here as well. I think it would be a good idea to help keep the site optimized. It could also help improve the site in the form of possibly offering raffles or other kinds of contest.

Both of these sites have given me so much since I bought my truck. I really didn't know jack about Lightnings until I became a member of NLOC and SVTP. To me paying an annual membership fee is a small price to pay for all that I get from these forums.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
IEatGt's said:
so what happened?

harley356 (I think that's his name) was one of the first and largest contributors of the site and a mod and was banned for a minor dispute with an SV on the site (that happens to be a friend of mine).

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
its not the first time that has happened....

I am Site Admin at another site...I dont think i have ever banned anyone LOL, usually a deletion of the post and an email warning usually takes care of it. The rules are laid out for the forum, each offense is subjected to a harsher penalty, 1st offense 30 days, second 60, 3rd bye bye.

I am a mod over at NHTOC as well....but no mods have the power to ban anyone, only the owner

Its the banning of someone without reason, or no reason given that really irks me. Hell let me know what I did wrong...then I wont do it again....

Last edited:

Flash2211

Established Member
madramper said:
Well, I am the scumbag that brought this all out :D

I made a CAI for my truck and a few people asked me to make more. I sold a total of 6 of them. I made a grand total of $15 for all 6.... not each! I was banned because I would not pay the $500 supporting vendor fee even though I said I would as soon as I had the money!

Oh well, I have been a member here for a while even though I never really posted. I guess I will be here more often now! :thumbsup:

I feel your pain...I own a machine/fabrication shop and made some parts (@ no charge), for some members...later made some decals...almost got banned...BIG "D" wanted his cut...$500.00, even though I didn't get a dime.

I love SVT, but I was told that I could not do that here either, because some SV may lose out on $$$$$.....Is this all about the Benjamins????

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
well if you want to keep the forum alive, they have to pay the bill's one way or another.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
FordFanStan@DMP said:
To be honest, I would guess I have something like that here more over :shrug: . Majority of the times I try to submit a post it either times out or does not go through, and I have to refresh or back up and retype the whole thing :??:

... Stan

stan, you can usually hit the page back arrow on your browser and still see your post. then copy it and try to send it again when you can get the screen back. some times you end up sending/posting multiple times though :fart:
im on here all day long, usually, so i get to deal with this a LOT. :read:

as far as making parts to sell on here. you could always do this. make your part, post it in some local forum and then a "non-interested" party can post about it on here with a link. that's what somebody did for our ICey Res box over on NLOC except they ended up locking the thread because it competes with the killer chiller :rollseyes

hell, even here on svtp SVs can sell competing products/services. i asked sid if it was cool if i offer our new eaton porting services and he said no problem, just stay out of Steig's threads. now it does cost a LOT of money to be a SV here, not as much as a bmw site but much more than NLOC. of course, this site has unfckingbelievable traffic, as evidenced by the server issues. if you build items and other people post about them (as i stated above) i dont think you will really have any issues with the rules. you'll just have to handle business off-site. and of course, svtp does not seem to mind one bit if people discuss non-SV items here, even if they directly compete with a SV's products. :beer:

if a new big L website does pop up somehwere, someone please let me know. i may be interested in becoming a SV there as well. i had thought about NLOC before but i was starting to hear some negative things about it....

Flash2211

Established Member
CHIZ said:
well if you want to keep the forum alive, they have to pay the bill's one way or another.

TRUE...but I thought that's what I'm paying membership for...even though we're members, we're not any different or have other privileges than "non paying" (that doesn't sound right) patrons.
We can't even get him to move L-fest to any other place!!!

203Cree

Established Member
Flash2211 said:
TRUE...but I thought that's what I'm paying membership for...even though we're members, we're not any different or have other privileges than "non paying" (that doesn't sound right) patrons.
We can't even get him to move L-fest to any other place!!!

There's a reason for that one. I would point it out, but that's for another thread.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
203Cree said:
There's a reason for that one. I would point it out, but that's for another thread.

lol, it probably doesnt even NEED to be explained. no membership fees here. but on the flipside, you dont get a monthly newsletter or a cool patch :(

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
svt4stv said:
lol, it probably doesnt even NEED to be explained. no membership fees here. but on the flipside, you dont get a monthly newsletter or a cool patch :(
Thats true, but we do get to drive the badest trucks on the planet:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
svt4stv said:

Hey, I'm the pirate here. I get the cool eye patch.:lol: ;-)

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
svt4stv said:

A monthly newsletter?? You must be special. I've received exactly two newsletters, and each time it was when I renewed my membership.

There are two main reasons I became a member there: 1) I liked their photo gallery (which subsequently changed, and I no longer use) and 2) The discounts some SV's gave NLOC members, like RUSlow (Stan) does for shipping.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I would gladly pay Travis a membership fee to become a member of the SVT Performance club.

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread