Problems at the other lightning site

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaHP

Established Member
I was just given a few expamples.

Ok take the Battery relocate.

No one is making it. So the SOP is that every thing needs to have permission.

boosted635

Established Member
Stewart_H said:
Here, usually only the douchbags who are acting like idiots get banned without warnings. And by their very nature, they probably know what they are doing will get them 86'd.

Everyone else almost always gets multiple warnings.
Gotta admit, I did something boneheaded on here recently that could have been taken as blatent (just wasn't thinking and posted a link:loser: ) - my post was edited to be acceptable and I was warned by pm.
We have it all straight - no hard feelings, lesson learned - and no ban.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Screaming01L said:
Thats what ALOT of us are talking about. No reason to answer a post with an insult

Again I will say read. He clearly insulted SVTP, which I consider tantamount to insulting me, the staff, and every member here including you. Treat me with respect I'll treat you with respect, it's that simple.

STRK BY said:
How about adding post "Preview" like the others, That would make this site so much better..........:beer:

It's an option you can turn on in your userCP.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
FlaHP said:

Yes. Or we would have 100s of people selling goods and that would be totally unfair to the vendors that pay to keep this site running.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
FlaHP said:

I would say you could post a kinda "look what i made" thread and see what kind of intrest was had aand go from there. if there was enough intrest, go to Sid297 and ask him what he thinks of you running a small build of them. Even if it cost you a small fee to market them here its not 500 bucks.... and i could almost say that fee would go into helping with the server not lining someones pocket. The server does need some kind of donation to keep it going.
Hope this makes sense to you cause i think it makes sense to me:-D

203Cree

Established Member
Screaming01L said:
Thats what ALOT of us are talking about. No reason to answer a post with an insult

Easy Dave, lol. You been around for awhile, you know the sense of humor, lol.

STRK BY said:
How about adding post "Preview" like the others, That would make this site so much better..........:beer:

We already do have it. It's in your user CP as an option....

STRK BY

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
Established Member
SID297 said:
Again I will say read. He clearly insulted SVTP, which I consider tantamount to insulting me, the staff, and every member here including you. Treat me with respect I'll treat you with respect, it's that simple.

It's an option you can turn on in your userCP.

Thanks..Did not know that..........:thumbsup:

olefafl

Established Member
FordFanStan@DMP said:
Whats MU? And what happened to me? I have no idea about anything thats going on over there? Sh!t I've got alot of reading to do I guess on past threads or something? I havent visited the Gen 1 sections on any forum in a long time. I was once banned there before by D-wite for no reason, emailed him several times and eventually was allowed back on with a warning :shrug: ... Stan

This is a MU

This hack is an alternative to banning a user. As the name suggests a user who gets hit with this hack will become truly miserable while trying to access
your board.

So here is what really happens to a miserable user:

- There is a random 60-120 second delay each time they click on a link.
- 90% of times they have no search engine acccess.
- 75% of the times they get the server too busy error.

If they don't get the server too busy error:
- 50% of the times they may get a blank page
- 30% of the times they may get forwarded to the forum main page
- 20% of the time they may be able to see the page they asked for.

after doing all the math in actuality they have only a 5% chance of seeing the
page they clicked on. What kills them is the time they have to wait before
anything happens.

I actually once tracked a miserable user and watched him suffer for 2 whole
hours before he was able to make a simple post.

This hack is considered one of the most sadistic hacks on my board.

and you can find it here.... http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archi...p/t-49810.html

http://www.thebaskins.com/NLOC/nloc-miserable-users.htm

chrisheltra

Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
i have a feeling im on that MU list... i havnt been able to get on there all weekend. oh well.

Ive been on that list and it sucked royaly. It was for having one to many lines in my sig and I didnt even get a warning.:bash:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
chrisheltra said:
Ive been on that list and it sucked royaly. It was for having one to many lines in my sig and I didnt even get a warning.:bash:

and im a vendor over there as well... and hadn't been on all weekend as well.

so for NO reason a vendor gets this

197180.jpg

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
i have a feeling im on that MU list... i havnt been able to get on there all weekend. oh well.

Nah man, they took the boards down. I haven't posted there in months, I only go there to check the Classifieds... and I get the same thing.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
This has been a long time coming.

I've never had an issue on NLOC or with BigD. Then again I'm almost never on there and pussy-foot around over there because I know how their rules work. I truly feel bad for the guys over there that have contributed so much to the site and just get thrown out.

Did anyone see what happened on NHTOC?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
This site won't load maybe once per week out of the countelss times I load it. I understand the traffic, and I understand the current changes that are about to happen as far as servers go. If that is the only argument people have to bash this site about, they need to try a little harder.

svtp ftw.

STL Lightning

Established Member
bgstew6 said:
Which TIme....LOL

Nothing going on now per se

How about when Rob, the forum post whore, ripped off a bunch of people with his parts he was making, or painting, or whatever.. Now that was classic.. BigD eventually stepped in on the members side, but it took way too long.. And then the section and posts all were deleted.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
As gay as this sounds, did they ban me or make me a MU? I've been on vacation so IDK WTF is going on. It just says they're updating the site.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
As gay as this sounds, did they ban me or make me a MU? I've been on vacation so IDK WTF is going on. It just says they're updating the site.

No thats happening to everyone. I think the site got overloaded to ban members. Thats one hell of an update to ban your payng members!

STL Lightning

Established Member
Lightningfest propped up membership because of the price break to members. If this was the last year for that, membership will fall off anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread