Problems at the other lightning site

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
links are fine as long as an SV doesnt carry it...It used to be like that once on NLOC

Last edited:

marc2000gt

Established Member
We are not even talking about links. Just telling someone to talk to a member who makes a part that you are looking for. From my understanding of what happened, someone made a thread about how nice the cai that Madramper made him is. That is where it really got ugly.

Frank 93L

Established Member
lightninmike said:
I am hardly ever on over there because when i first started posting over their i always got smartass remarks cause i didnt know what i was talking about

Atleast NLOC's gen1 section wasn't like that. And I'm glad. There were always great guys to help me out when I was new to the scene. Luckily that's the ones that have carried over to DelValLO. And maybe we can liven up the gen1 section here too! :pepper:

boosted635

Established Member
Wasn't there some issue last year during L-fest that caused the site to be closed also?
Or was that about the same time as the hack? Maybe that's what I'm thinking of :shrug:

Lightning Struck

Established Member
Cichlids said:
The other one was a smart a$$ because we posted a pic from summit racing. Hope Karma plays a great role in this one!

Yeah, that was me.. You obviously didn't get the point, and I don't feel like enlightening you... It was an example of the B.S rules of NLOC. Summit is a vendor, and it is against NLOC rules to post links to non supporting vendors.

Frank 93L

Established Member
Lightning Struck said:
Yeah, that was me.. You obviously didn't get the point, and I don't feel like enlightening you... It was an example of the B.S rules of NLOC. Summit is a vendor, and it is against NLOC rules to post links to non supporting vendors.

He means Summit Racing is NOT a vendor :coolman:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
lol f-150 isnt any better
lol yeah prob not, i havent been there in a while.....maybe once in the past year and a half.
Thing that gets me about this, and i dont really know about the gen 1 guys is that on NLOC they would bash SVTP about not being as fast and now over there is a shithole.............. i dont know it just rubs me the wrong way. Would be nice for both the gen1 and 2 sections to pickup the overflow but not the assholes

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Lightning Struck said:
Well nobody wants to be reliant on a unreliable server...
Understood but would you rather have someone taking your money and banning you for "talking" or have a slow server?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
lightninmike said:
lol yeah prob not, i havent been there in a while.....maybe once in the past year and a half.
Thing that gets me about this, and i dont really know about the gen 1 guys is that on NLOC they would bash SVTP about not being as fast and now over there is a shithole.............. i dont know it just rubs me the wrong way. Would be nice for both the gen1 and 2 sections to pickup the overflow but not the assholes

Things are about to change here as far as servers go. Also, everyone is welcome here. And you don't have to worry about the assholes, they get weeded out quickly.

FordFanStan

Established Member
olefafl said:
What did FordFanStan do to become a MU over there?

Whats MU? And what happened to me? I have no idea about anything thats going on over there? Sh!t I've got alot of reading to do I guess on past threads or something? I havent visited the Gen 1 sections on any forum in a long time. I was once banned there before by D-wite for no reason, emailed him several times and eventually was allowed back on with a warning :shrug: ... Stan

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
KwikSilvr said:
I would come to this site more often, but it seems to be down alot, and not very reliable... if it got better, I would kick NLOC because the info on this site seems to be a bar above...

:shrug: WTF are you talking about??:shrug:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Lightning Struck said:

That was a Summit part http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MOR-23681 All ScottElle wanted was some help not some BS rules......

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Who cares? I haven't been there in years.

FlaHP

Established Member
Both sites are slaves to vendors. Any time any censorship is enacted that protects hobbyist a site is doing a disservice.

These sites take very little work to run and are no that expensive. A small group of us have been playing around making one for fun and it’s not that tough. The hard part is getting the following.

For SVTP not to take care of all the down time and slow loading is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread