Project Blue Blaze!

Bud

Established Member
4.17 rear end? I'm a little confused

I think he meant 4.17 1st gear in the 6r80. Which makes the 3.15s plenty of gear. Pretty sure his car has already been 1.3x's with 3.15 gears before the weight reduction...so they get the job done.

331coupe

Established Member
I think he meant 4.17 1st gear in the 6r80. Which makes the 3.15s plenty of gear. Pretty sure his car has already been 1.3x's with 3.15 gears before the weight reduction...so they get the job done.

10-4 lol, was a little confusing. Not saying they didn't get the job done, was just a little curious as to why he was using a 3.15, didn't pay attention to him using a 6r80. That thing would be nasty with a powerglide or turboglide and a 3.73-3.90, not saying it isn't already.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
not sure, I've still got stockers on the rear, although with the manual master cylinder, they don't seem to hold as well

D.T.R

Established Member
10-4 lol, was a little confusing. Not saying they didn't get the job done, was just a little curious as to why he was using a 3.15, didn't pay attention to him using a 6r80. That thing would be nasty with a powerglide or turboglide and a 3.73-3.90, not saying it isn't already.

you realize that the gearing of your final drive is directly affected by the gearing on your transmission, tire size and RPMs, right?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
How long will those strange brakes last on the street?

Ive heard the strange front brake rotors get torn up pretty bad on daily brakeing events.

They last a decent amount of time. We only ever have to put pads on Justins 05 twice in like 5 years. We took the car on Hot Rod Drag week the strange brakes. I wouldnt recommend driving to the city everyday on them but they seem to hold up pretty well considering

BTW
Car is looking pretty good Beef Im sure once you figure out that 2 step its going to leave alot harder.

Are you running the 1B converter? Where do you have the 2step set too?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
They last a decent amount of time. We only ever have to put pads on Justins 05 twice in like 5 years. We took the car on Hot Rod Drag week the strange brakes. I wouldnt recommend driving to the city everyday on them but they seem to hold up pretty well considering

BTW
Car is looking pretty good Beef Im sure once you figure out that 2 step its going to leave alot harder.

Are you running the 1B converter? Where do you have the 2step set too?

I only had it at 1500,

next trip out, i'm just going to foot brake, hard to go right into competition with no testing time on a pro tree and sort things out

should be hitting the local track (hopefully they prep it some) and do a hit or 2 without the juice, and then 1 or 2 with

then we'll play with the 2 step

i'm still on a 2c - 258mm

Users who are viewing this thread