Project "UrbanMax" has a new stance.....

TheSVTKid

Established Member
So its been about a million years since I have posted one of my personal projects on this website.... (seems like I used to live on here back in the day)

However there have been two projects in my life these days.

1) 1964 Cadillac Coupe
2) 2006 Silverado DuraMax (as seen here)

Figured I would break my SVTPerformace silence, and share some pics.
I needed something that could not only tow a car trailer, but also a Fountain powerboat when needed, yet still have room for my lady and friends if needed. Needed 4x4 for the winter and the steep boat ramps, and wanted something I could...>TURN UP! So the duramax was the obvious answer.

Most people I know run out and get a 6-9" lift kit for these trucks first weekend they have them. Well since I live in Kansas City, and spend a LOT of my time downtown, I figured why not make it look cool, and actually fit in a parking garage. LOL.

So here she is..... Her 20 day make over!

Slammed 3.5" in the front, and 7" in the rear.
Still retains the 4x4,
Custom C Notched the frame in the rear.
Full suspension travel and stock springs are retained. (for towing)
EFI Live tuned ECU by myself
5" Turboback exhaust to a 6" tip
KN filter.
Body Colored the Mirrors, Moldings, Door Handles and bumper tops.
Removed the silly door rub strips and badges.
1500 Silverado Mirrors, and no cab lights. :)

Pretty mild mods but still knocks down 20mpgs, and rocks 800rw ft lbs of TQ on the dyno.
Its fun that everyone thinks its a 1500 now, until they either hear it, or play with it.

Can't wait to do more to it!
EA

**Sorry for the cell phone pics, hopefully I can get some better ones**

The day I bought it......

eatruck.jpg

20 days later.....

cimg0927.jpg

cimg0928.jpg

And here is it next to a stock one for reference.
imagejaya.jpg

Krwy

Established Member
Looks good. I wanted to do the same thing to a '03 Ford SD PSD. Slam it on 22s. Just add some helper air bags to the rear before you start towing, should be able to handle it.

blue95

Established Member
nice job, looks good.....i would have went up instead of down though, just my opinoin.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I guess its not my cup of tea but then again im one of those guys with a 4x4 that gets used with a slight lift. Looks good though and I agree on the 1/2 ton look!

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i like it but not sure about lowering a 4x4 lol. Never got my attention much, then again id lift my 2wd for looks only so i guess it cancels each other by default

TheSVTKid

Established Member
Looks good. I wanted to do the same thing to a '03 Ford SD PSD. Slam it on 22s. Just add some helper air bags to the rear before you start towing, should be able to handle it.

I have the bags for the truck, as well as a fifth wheel. Just have them sitting on the ground, we have had WAY WAY WAY to much snow here in Kansas to even think about down time for the truck.

Def came a long way in a short time.

Would have been like 1 week, if parts didn't get shipped wrong twice. There are just no easy ways to lower a 2500hd truck. Shocks had to be ordered twice, same with one of the mounts for the rear leafs.

looks nice not much on the wheels though.

Sadly their are only about 20 choices due to the 8 lug wheels. (Then only about 5 sets had the correct offset for being lowered) So, either you get chrome... or black wheels. This was one of the least black wheels I could find, and still be 10" wide.

I had to take my time with the selection, due to making sure I could still get a decent sidewall, and have a little bulge in the tire. That way when it gets street parked downtown, I don't scuff the wheels.

nice job, looks good.....i would have went up instead of down though, just my opinoin.

Literally EVERY single truck here in KC is lifted, and I would say about 30% ever go off the road. I figured I would be a little different, it gets plenty of looks. Taking off from snowed over roads drifting all 4 tires spinning.

Oh snap an E.A. thread!!! subscribin'!

No need... I am done with this thing for now, other then maybe a stereo.
Like I said, its time for me to start the final stage of my Caddy Project. I want to be able to do drag week with it next year. So its either getting a BBC and a Single turbo.... or a Duramax with twins (if I can find one cheap)

EA

TheSVTKid

Established Member
How about some pics of the 'lac? Your old 4v is still legendary around here.

Here is my white baby..... 1964 Caddy Coupe. Just a few mods for now...

1) HID light conversion
2) Bigger white walls
3) Ipod integration into the old stereo.

shityes2.jpg

20101121_0764x.jpg

So you lowered a 4x4 Diesel truck? to eachhis own I guess

Yes, because to raise it would have been a total waste of money for what I do. And lowering it actually accomplished something for me other then looks.

1) Lifted trucks can't park in 90% of the parking garages in downtown KC. Even at the stock height I couldn't fit in hardly any of them either, now she fits without any issues. Other then having a crappy turning radius. (Austin Powers, wiggle action)

2) I don't go off-roading, at least not in my trucks. Lots of my friends have plenty of toys IE: LS1 powered sand cars, rock crawlers, dirt bikes, quads, etc. So no real need to my truck to ever need to.

3) I however did need 4x4 for a couple reasons....like yesterday, we got 12" of snow here in KC, and it gets around perfect..... (more then perfect actually)... and for boat ramps. Nothing is more pathetic then watching someone will a bad ass truck, try and pull a twin engine powerboat out of the water, and have a 2wd truck and spin all the way up the ramp.

Other then that, it does a hell of a job pulling a boat, and the 28' trailer to the track. Not to mention knocks down 20mpgs :)

So yes, I know it sounds silly.... but I had my reasons, and honestly I couldn't be happier.

MGC

Established Member
Badass truck, I have a duramax as well, love the power of it, but compared to yours it looks stock haha! I just have intake, exhaust and a tune done to mine, I really like the way you matched the moldings and mirrors to the body color. That caddy is fricking PIMP too!

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Looks clean and subtle. Not feeling the wheels either. I'd rock the shit out of that Caddy though and I dont like Cadillac's at all haha.

TheSVTKid

Established Member
Badass truck, I have a duramax as well, love the power of it, but compared to yours it looks stock haha! I just have intake, exhaust and a tune done to mine, I really like the way you matched the moldings and mirrors to the body color. That caddy is fricking PIMP too!

Looks clean and subtle. Not feeling the wheels either. I'd rock the shit out of that Caddy though and I dont like Cadillac's at all haha.

thanks dudes... :) the caddy will be much better once it has the BBC and Single turbo under the hood. :)

Users who are viewing this thread