Put down a deposit on next "GT500"?

conceptmachine

Established Member
I’m impressed by all of this. As I️ said earlier in this thread, any desire able limited produced car out here in AZ is way over sticker. Shelby’s, zo6 vettes, gtr’s, hellcats .... whatever. Ppl still pay it. It’s a supply and demand thing. I️ don’t agree with it at all. But that’s the way it is
Why wouldn't people just go out of the area?
All but the Shelby are easy to find thousands off. I've done a trade in 1500 miles away, sight unseen for a new car. Delivered the car on my dime after I have a description and VIN and they gave me the trade in value if everything check out alright.
Then the new car, I had ford drop ship it to the local dealer. Local dealer just charged me time to log it in the system and check vehicle ($150.)
A small dealership I drive by in a tiny town has had a grey with black stripes hellcat challenger sitting outside. Dusty, dirty, for 10 months. If they wouldn't take 5k or more off that car, id be astonished.
It'll rot there.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I vote Unicorn. Geneticists are doing some crazy stuff these days.

Drewsky65

Established Member
Why wouldn't people just go out of the area?
All but the Shelby are easy to find thousands off. I've done a trade in 1500 miles away, sight unseen for a new car. Delivered the car on my dime after I have a description and VIN and they gave me the trade in value if everything check out alright.
Then the new car, I had ford drop ship it to the local dealer. Local dealer just charged me time to log it in the system and check vehicle ($150.)
A small dealership I drive by in a tiny town has had a grey with black stripes hellcat challenger sitting outside. Dusty, dirty, for 10 months. If they wouldn't take 5k or more off that car, id be astonished.
It'll rot there.

you are located in Iowa? maybe i will make a few phone calls out there and see what is possible. that's not a terrible idea actually.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
A deposit on a car that hasn't even made it's debut yet?!?!?!
o_O :confused: o_O :confused: o_O

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Bottom of chart...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz%20engines.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!

MG0h3

Established Member
2020. So mid to late 19 then? Haven't shopped for a new car in a decade so not sure how far ahead they are.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Jon82387

Established Member
5.2 supercharged..... awesome!!!! 2600 I would think...

Still surprised after all the rumors I heard on the turbo setups and adjustable power levels....

Suppose they can still do that though just like the hellcats and things.

Awesome teaser and info!!!!
Happy thanksgiving!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
WOW lots on there:
--GT500 5.2/SC not surprised
--GT350 continues
--7.3 gas V8 for the trucks (I've always hoped they'd developed the 6.2 SOHC motor ever since we had a 6.2 build accepted to Engine Masters that my builder bailed on :( )
A second gen 350 with dual injection and DCT would also be killer.
Nice find!
-J

conceptmachine

Established Member
Yeah, doesn' t say exactly what those motors are. Both could be FPC, but chances are just the 350.
I'm suprised the 350 would run for that many years. Most that wanted them have them. 25 HP isn't going to make people trade up. Maybe a DCT, but in that car, it's taking away most of the fun.
Bring on the GT 500.
The guy that got the same sheet was told 900HP. I find 800 hard to believe...
We'll know in January.
The zr1 has the 2650 supercharger on it with a 6.2l DOHC and it makes 750. Not sure how much boost or compression but I'm guessing it' s gonna have to be a lot to get the 5.2 to 800. I'll be floored if it's past 810. Id happy settle for 790 Haha.
I miss the roast fest easily achieved in the last GT500.
It could have 900 HP but I'll always be keeping my 350R. It will be a different feeling with that Supercharger strapped to it. Hopefully not that much difference, but I'll be giving it a try.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
2020. So mid to late 19 then? Haven't shopped for a new car in a decade so not sure how far ahead they are.
Don't forget, there are 2 versions coming out.
One now, which will be beast, and one down the road with even more power and better handling.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Now I realize why you sold your gt350. You know what's coming

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm never selling mine.
Don't forget, there are 2 versions coming out.
One now, which will be beast, and one down the road with even more power and better handling.
Yep...I may have to wait this one out for the final year (2021) :( I’m not sure that info is 100% accurate as he did come back and say that the one coming next WILL be the zl1-l1e competitor. Was so hoping for the 7.3 NAs to be shoved into as many mustang s550s as possible. It however, wouldn’t make those HP figures.... unless it was supercharged...and then it probably wouldn’t fit.
In my opinion, and it’s just that, in order to Make an S550 the same year as the s650, it would probably be built by hand off the s650 assembly line.
I think that car is actually going to be the race car version that isn’t street legal, like the FP350s

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In my opinion, and it’s just that, in order to Make an S550 the same year as the s650, it would probably be built by hand off the s650 assembly line.

Not necessarily. They're rolling 2018 GT350s off the same time as the 2018 Mustangs.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I know what your saying but the 650 and 550 are different chassis totally, Not just panels and a few components, the whole undercarage that everything bolts too will be different.

Drewsky65

Established Member
does this make this officially leaked?
5.2 SC in the next Shelby???
as there is another thread on this, i really hope they go away from the gt500 name, it may make the current gt500s hold their value a little better? and a few other reasons as well.

Users who are viewing this thread