put on some true forged sleepers! pics inside :)

20psirabbit

Established Member
Car looks awesome. Any pics & details on your brake cooling ducts? Where did you purchase your R brakes from?

the guy that sells them is a member on here, his sn is 99COBRA2881. here's a thread about them http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/open-track-racing-203/295546-brake-cooling-ducts-24.html
as far as the R brakes, i bought them used from a member on here, he was putting the car back to stock so i picked them up. but if i remember right i think steve@tousley is the still the best deal on them.

Looks amazing, how do you like the NT05's? Drive the car much?

i like the nt05s, they're much quieter than 555rs. as far as hook they were very slippery at first, but ive got a couple hundred miles on them, and i think they're getting stickier. i've read a bunch of reviews with people comparing them to 555rs saying they hook almost as well, so the word seems to be good but i don't have enough miles on them yet to really comment on them them performance wise too much yet. they're also supposed to be good in the water for what it's worth.

Those look beautiful but you paid all that money and they didn't even cut them flush with the fenders...nice ride tho.

yeah, they were already assembled when i bought them, so i can't complain. i'm happy they're not right at the fender anyway because i don't want junk kicking up all over the car anyway or rubbing constantly, so i'm good with the offset. when i bought them from steve@tf i asked him about the offset, and he told me they'd sit just inside the fender exactly where they ended up so i'm completely happy :rockon:

Looks awsome. Polishing that exhaust would really set it off.

yeah i think i'm gonna do something about that soon, i noticed the same thing when i looked through the pictures :)

Looks sick as ****.

body needs detailing bad, swirls galore......

yeah, that's what i get for rushing the wash, came out kinda crappy, but i was trying to get out while the sun was still up LOL i'm gonna detail it soon.

thanks for all the compliments guys :beer:

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
your car looks awesome! those wheels look great on your vert! I gotta ask are your heat exchanger brackets polished or painted?

20psirabbit

Established Member
Very nice! Great choice. What springs are you running, stance looks great?

I'm running Maximum Motorsports Coilovers front and rear.

your car looks awesome! those wheels look great on your vert! I gotta ask are your heat exchanger brackets polished or painted?

when I did the heat exchanger install I just sanded down the exchanger brackets and painted them silver so it would look nicer.

SpectorV

Established Member
looks good! just FYI you need to look into rolling your rear fender lips (the back edge part the most) or you will probably rub on them~ I touched one of mine a bit back a little (just barly didnt clear...) after I went over a HUGE bump but 90% of normal driving is fine... autox might be a different story. I just barly touched the back corner (where the rear fender meets the rear bumper) thats where they rub the most~ that little area.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Those look beautiful but you paid all that money and they didn't even cut them flush with the fenders...nice ride tho.

he purchased this set already made. they were made to have the same stance as 04sleepers car. that's actually the most popular backspacing people choose when ordering. but we could have made them fender flush no problem. that's what i currently have on my own cobra right now.

they look good on your car..... Id be all over a set if they didnt have the bolts.

no problem. in fact, you can basically see what they'd look like without the bolts on our new wheel editor
True Forged Wheels custom billet

just saw this thread brandon. car looks fantastic. i knew brushed would look great on sonic blue :bowdown:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think the wheels look great. True Forged makes some really nice stuff, and as you can see, Steve stays active here to answer questions. Great customer service! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread