Putting down the deposit on my Boss today...

ArabianOak

Established Member
I'm getting a brand new 2012 and have 3 options for colors...

Red with black

Orange with black

White with black

Leaning heavily toward the Orang/Black combo...

I'm trading my 2012 GT in on the Boss...do these cars benefit from an intake/tune as much as the GT did? What should my first mod be?

Thanks for all your help so far in the previous thread gang!

ArabianOak

Established Member
39k. A good deal? Giving me 1000 more than i owe on gt I bought 6 months ago and applying 900 I paid for extended warranty toward boss purchase....

RTD

Established Member
39k. A good deal? Giving me 1000 more than i owe on gt I bought 6 months ago and applying 900 I paid for extended warranty toward boss purchase....

Is that with the Recaro/Torsen option? If so, I'd say damn good deal. If not, you're still getting it for about $2k under MSRP which is pretty good.

LostPony

Established Member
Do yourself a favor, I know 1/4 mile is fun, but try a track day in that car. Nothing beats putting a car like this through it's paces for 20 minutes or more at at time, and it sure beats waiting hour or more to drive for just a few seconds!

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Congrats man ! I would take a boss over GT500 anyday if performance is the goal ..motor stonger, handling , and is lighter .. what about 1/4 performance? I would put a 3.6 KB liquid cool and I'm still saving from GT500 Making high 700s on a 36xx curb weight platform :)

BADZL1

Shunned from C5!
Established Member

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I would go with orange simply because it's Boss specific - it isn't available on any other color.

(Mine was bought used, I didn't have a choice I just got lucky LOL)

Mine came with the MGW shifter and a CAI. I honestly don't know what the CAI did, but the MGW is leaps and bounds better than the stock shifter in the GT's I test drove. My favorite mod that I've done is BMR lowering springs. The jacked-in-the-ass look just didn't do it for me.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
* orange is the poster boss 302. meaning there are more of them than the other colors and much of the media on the car is the orange. that can cut both ways. i'd get the blue or the white because i like to be different.

* dont mod it. drive it first. see if you can drive all that there is there and then mod it to your tastes.

here's what i mean. my last race car had $7k dynamics shocks on it. the best. i never adjusted them. my new car has $4k koni's on it. i know where i can get a set of the dynamics. but...realistically i am asking myself. am i a good enough driver that i am going to push the car enough to be able to use the added capacity of the more expensive shocks?? the answer is probably not.

so....get your boss and drive it. take it to the road course and learn to drive it then. truth is you dont need any more horsepower. the grand am and world challenge racers drive that car with what amounts to the trackey tune on their engines.

use the mods money on entry fees and seat time.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
* orange is the poster boss 302. meaning there are more of them than the other colors and much of the media on the car is the orange. that can cut both ways. i'd get the blue or the white because i like to be different.

* dont mod it. drive it first. see if you can drive all that there is there and then mod it to your tastes.

here's what i mean. my last race car had $7k dynamics shocks on it. the best. i never adjusted them. my new car has $4k koni's on it. i know where i can get a set of the dynamics. but...realistically i am asking myself. am i a good enough driver that i am going to push the car enough to be able to use the added capacity of the more expensive shocks?? the answer is probably not.

so....get your boss and drive it. take it to the road course and learn to drive it then. truth is you dont need any more horsepower. the grand am and world challenge racers drive that car with what amounts to the trackey tune on their engines.

use the mods money on entry fees and seat time.

Well said. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread