Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Haha I wish it were that easy. I tried getting a Ranger from Mexico last year for a guy.

My buddy ended up going down there and picking one up from a dealer and bringing it back stateside.

How did that go? I'm thinking about buying an outboard engine from the Bahamas.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How did that go? I'm thinking about buying an outboard engine from the Bahamas.

It seemed fairly flawless. He visited with some lawyer that specializes in foreign imports, and he had a stack of papers to go through the border and was good to go!

jconnor3

Established Member
Any advice for negotiating a lease or insight if there is much movement in advertised lease deals? We paid off my wifes CX5 a few months back but with the car seat and traveling anywhere we are quickly wishing we had a full-size SUV. Anything we should watch out for?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any advice for negotiating a lease or insight if there is much movement in advertised lease deals? We paid off my wifes CX5 a few months back but with the car seat and traveling anywhere we are quickly wishing we had a full-size SUV. Anything we should watch out for?

Advertised lease payments are tricky, since they won't include taxes and will require 5-10% down. Not to mention they use the lowest yearly mileage allowance as well.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They do not like to buy back cars. I just went through this with wanting to trad e in my leased 650i for an M5. The salesman kept saying I would only be out 16k on the remainder of my lease. That cost difference would have been added to the price of the M5. It was a 2014 with 20k miles for 55k. If he could have cleaned the slate, I would have been all over it.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Currently in month 13 of a 36 month lease on a 2017 Escape SE.

Zero down, $333 month, buyout at the end is $15k.

We - the GF and I - want to buy it at the end, it’s her first suv and she loves it.

Better to wait to the end to buy it, or purchase it now, put some money down and convert it to a loan?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Currently in month 13 of a 36 month lease on a 2017 Escape SE.

Zero down, $333 month, buyout at the end is $15k.

We - the GF and I - want to buy it at the end, it’s her first suv and she loves it.

Better to wait to the end to buy it, or purchase it now, put some money down and convert it to a loan?

Wait until the end. See what the market is on the 2017 Escapes. Why pay $15k for one, if you can buy a 2018 for $16k? I'd start looking 3-4 months before your lease is up.

Cliffs: The $15k buyout is set. The market is not set. Wait and see how it plays out.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
I'm looking to get a larger sedan for a DD for better gas mileage and more room. A dealer close by has the car I'm looking for just not in the color I want. Is it unreasonable to see if they can search for one and can they trade with another dealership? Not sure how that works. If I do order it instead does this eat up an "allocation?" I'm generally not a picky person, but for once I want to get exactly what I want.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm looking to get a larger sedan for a DD for better gas mileage and more room. A dealer close by has the car I'm looking for just not in the color I want. Is it unreasonable to see if they can search for one and can they trade with another dealership? Not sure how that works. If I do order it instead does this eat up an "allocation?" I'm generally not a picky person, but for once I want to get exactly what I want.

The dealership will be able to sell you one cheaper if you take one out of stock or order one.

If you order one, it'll be a retail allocation; depending on the vehicle, I'm sure their region has commodities to cover it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's the ADM going to be on the GT500?

HIGH AS ****.

Local ford dealer said that August-September is the eta for the f150 diesel, is that accurate?

That'll be fairly close. I think it'll be July sometime before they're stocked. Some could trickle in a little before that. It got added to the ordering program a week ago.

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
Looking at a White 2018 f150 xlt supercrew. It has the 3.5 max tow package. What would be a fair price? I don't have any special pricing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking at a White 2018 f150 xlt supercrew. It has the 3.5 max tow package. What would be a fair price? I don't have any special pricing.

If you get me a VIN number and your ZIP, I can tell you. But without those, I could be off thousands of dollars.

What kind of deals are there on the 2018 F150s?

Depends on your area, the truck, etc...but you can get about $10k off of TOP MSRP, aka $8k or so below the normal MSRP that's on the window sticker.

Are Mobil 1 and Royal Purple considered approved oils?

As long as the weight of the oil is the same, I would venture to say yes. We don't have a lot of issues with this.

Users who are viewing this thread