Quotas?!

wesessiah

Established Member
Next time just say no. I always say no. I have nothing to hide but still don't want to be hassled on the side of the road

(And yes, even being an LEO I've had an interdiction unit ask me to search.) he called a K9 unit when I said no, he's like "you're a Cop you should have nothing to hide, why can't I search your car?" I told him I didn't want all my shit strewn on the side of the road and I was tired.

i can't stand the "nothing to hide" lines. the guys i work with are really good about being human, and don't feel like someone should forfeit any rights just because. of course due diligence in an investigation is paramount if there's something to go off of, but giving someone a hard time if they won't let you search when there's nothing to go from doesn't sit well with me.

Blaine

Established Member
Of course I have also heard of k9 officers indicating their dog "hit" on a vehicle when they really didnt, just to be able to search. But like anything, there will be bad apples.

A K9 unit can do a sweep around ANY car. If the dog hits, they can get a search of it. And yes it can be abused.

Users who are viewing this thread