R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec for sale in the US

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
The article hit the nail on the head in the first statement. I fell in love with this car after playing Gran Turismo. I would love one but I'm not delusional enough to think it'll ever happen.

Blackoyote

Established Member
This car is what dreams are literally made of...but I have to also look at the logic behind this. In another 3 years when any R34 V spec can get imported (even the other MNP cars), whoever buys this for near $300k will be taking a huge loss.

Guess that's the cost to be an early adopter and the need to have it NOW lol.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I could not imagine spending that much on a R34 GTR. It doesn't drive that well and the interior is pure aids. There are much better ways to spend your money. They require a lot of money and modifications to be remotely fast. I looked at buying one in 2016 and passed on one in midnight purple iii

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
This car is what dreams are literally made of...but I have to also look at the logic behind this. In another 3 years when any R34 V spec can get imported (even the other MNP cars), whoever buys this for near $300k will be taking a huge loss.

Guess that's the cost to be an early adopter and the need to have it NOW lol.

it won’t be 300k but I guarantee when they are legal it’ll be 100k easy to get one

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I doubt that. They sell for 11m yen now, 14m yen for a V-Spec, and 19m yen+ for a V-Spec NUR

that’s there where they are plentiful ..

Americans like to spend money on stupid shit

I mean.. you got people paying 150k for a gt500 due to ADM…

IA Shelby

Established Member
i am a GTR fan and have an Alpha R35 today but there is no way I would drop that kind of money on an R34.

I would be buying a mint Huracan Performante or a GT3RS for that amount of money

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
What, exactly, was so great about this car? Other than it was in a video game?
Similar to Supra’s, every retard on the internet assumes the 1000whp versions they see on the internet and in the past magazines are the norm. They don’t realize it cost upwards of 50-75k easily to get there as opposed to a few boltons as they drive a POS themselves without a pot to piss in.

I’m 44 and grew up during the Motorex days when they were rare to see and impossible to obtain. I used to import Magazines from Australia as they were prevalent there to read about mods and builds when I was into imports in my younger days. Even back then I balked at how much it cost to build them and it’s gotten far worse.

As a few others have said, at that price range, a 25yr old Skyline is not even in consideration unless I’m looking to woo a bunch of broke idiots at local car meet by standing on the 2 step for 20 straight minutes while they video and ohhh and ahhh. And when it breaks I can wait months for parts if they are even available.

TLDR?? I like guys, **** you.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hard pass for me. I'd take a 2018 -2021 Porsche GT3 over that all day long.
Plus, it's right hand drive. Don't care for the right hand drive stuff at all.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
From the rear looks like an ugly early 2000s impala
giphy.gif

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sick machines. They punched WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY above their weight class in the 90s and early 00's.

For purely nostalgiac reasons, i'll own an R32 one of these days. Soft build to 5 or 600whp and call it a day.

Not many engines sound as heavenly as a proper turbo l6 at full song.

Clean R32 GTRs are $30-40k all day long right now.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Agreed but that was more so for their AWD system that was pretty advanced for its time. It was actually outlawed in the Australian touring car series due it being an unfair advantage. The 2JZ is arguably a better motor and more readily available. There are several R32’s around here and I don’t even notice most of the time until I hear it first.

I’m going American if I want nostalgia for pure cost reasons. If I do an import it will be a Supra or FD RX-7 which are far better looking.

Sick machines. They punched WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY above their weight class in the 90s and early 00's.

For purely nostalgiac reasons, i'll own an R32 one of these days. Soft build to 5 or 600whp and call it a day.

Not many engines sound as heavenly as a proper turbo l6 at full song.

Clean R32 GTRs are $30-40k all day long right now.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Agreed but that was more so for their AWD system that was pretty advanced for its time. It was actually outlawed in the Australian touring car series due it being an unfair advantage. The 2JZ is arguably a better motor and more readily available. There are several R32’s around here and I don’t even notice most of the time until I hear it first.

I’m going American if I want nostalgia for pure cost reasons. If I do an import it will be a Supra or FD RX-7 which are far better looking.

LS swapped FD is one of my dream cars. In red.

Users who are viewing this thread