Raced a MMR EVO Last Sunday

peteypab2133

Established Member
thats cool, dude basically had the same exact setup that I had before I sold my EVO. Ran mid 11s but the mph is no where what the mustang does.

My evo was quick, but my GT500 is fassssst.

Slowponycar

Established Member
My wife and I left her grandmother's 90th bday party. Just cruising going home and pulled up to a red light right next to a SS Camero. I could not get the guy's attention next to us, then realized the EVO behind me (not sure where he came from but oh well). I noticed that he is moving all around in the driver's seat and checking stuff. The light turned green I started slowly and the EVO was on my ass the whole way up the on ramp. Checked to see if traffic was clear and it was :banana:. Checked to see if the EVO was still behind me :burnout: took off in second and left him hit third about 135 and slowed back down so he could catch back up. Took off again and then noticed that he was ways back behind me and I slowed back down. He finally caught back up and we both gave a thumbs up and I merged onto another interstate when my wife said to me, "did you know that the A/C is still on?" :shrug::loser: I told my friend at work I that knows who he is that I would race him again from a dig if he wanted, just so that he could have some redemption before Van and I go to town :rockon::banana:

Slowponycar

Established Member
thats cool, dude basically had the same exact setup that I had before I sold my EVO. Ran mid 11s but the mph is no where what the mustang does.

My evo was quick, but my GT500 is fassssst.

yeah, didn't realize that it was a MMR until he pulled back next to us and saw the rear roof spoilers. it was a good time

Vigilante375

Established Member
An EVO MR has the same hp/tq as the regular EVO. It just has some cosmetic things done to it, performance is the same. Kinda like the CS package on a mustang, just cosmetic upgrades.

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
I've also raced an evo it's the only car so far I've had a chance to race and it wasn't close there is a yellow 06 or 07 z06 thats in my area I'm dying to get beside him

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Lol nice story telling there. End result, miss gear = loss

xzero

Established Member
Lol nice story telling there. End result, miss gear = loss

Missed gear or not he wasn't catching up.

Not trying to take anyhting away the Evo IX's are quick cars and he does have a nice set of upgrades & E-85, but he is still on stock turbo and stock weight(I believe).

Op had A/C on and a passenger with him. *Apparently window down to according to the Evo driver.

Slowponycar

Established Member
Missed gear or not he wasn't catching up.

Not trying to take anyhting away the Evo IX's are quick cars and he does have a nice set of upgrades & E-85, but he is still on stock turbo and stock weight(I believe).

Op had A/C on and a passenger with him. *Apparently window down to according to the Evo driver.

Yeah, I drive with the windows down and A/C on most of the time. The first time I took my Shelby to the drag strip, I forgot to turn off my A/C on first three passes lol

Users who are viewing this thread