Racing Fuel Jugs, Which Brand do You Like?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's common knowledge that the government has ruined the lowly gas can. We're fortunate enough to now have fuel can that are difficult fill, pour, and use. They seem to spill about as much gas as makes it into the tank. Because of those reasons I've switched to these VP Racing Fuel Jugs:

https://amzn.to/2Wsk0O6

They are a quality piece and work like a fuel can should. I have 4 of them right now, and they come in very handy during hurricane season. I have been thinking about picking up a few more, but before pulling the trigger on some more VPs I wanted to see if anyone here has tried Sunoco's version? I was wondering how they compare to VP?

https://amzn.to/2WtkOCr

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Yellow vp jugs. Just to make sure everyone knows I run corn.

They’ve been awesome plus I like the filter in the filler neck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Never used the Sunoco one, but the vp ones I’ve used have always worked like a champ. Don’t fix what’s not broken sid :D

Blown 89

Established Member
My two 5 gallons are made by Scribner.

I use these 2.5 gallon jugs for the lawn mower and smaller kart engines:
2.5 gallon Heavy Duty Plastic Jug

Those 2.5 gallon jugs spill so much less fuel than those shit epa ones it's amazing. Another testament to government ineptitude

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have 5 of the Scribners. I like the square footprint, they sit together better than round.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
VP.

Trying to find the website I found mine before the hurricanes last year but they had a better price than the amazon price.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
VP here.

I'm pretty sure my dad has one of the sunoco ones, it's thinner and taller.

Seems to work fine lol.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I have 1 VP 5-gallon, round, blue jug. Bought it originally for my 2 stroke jetski and dirt bike. Those are long gone and use it for my lawn mower and snow blower. Eventually, I will buy another one for race fuel/meth when the Z gets a blower.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
What do the poor bastards in CA do? Owning a racing fuel jug is probably a felony there.

I use a VP racing jug as well but I use a jiggle syphon pump to transfer my fuel cuz well, I’m lazy. Carrying a jug and pouring fuel is overrated. Just lay a towel on the trunk, set the jug on the towel, insert the discharge end in the fuel tank and the suction side into the jug and start transferring fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I use a VP racing jug as well but I use a jiggle syphon pump to transfer my fuel cuz well, I’m lazy. Carrying a jug and pouring fuel is overrated. Just lay a towel on the trunk, set the jug on the towel, insert the discharge end in the fuel tank and the suction side into the jug and start transferring fuel.

no concerns about the tank and towel causing static and getting a spark?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
no concerns about the tank and towel causing static and getting a spark?

Never thought about that honestly... The hose is rubber so it won’t create a spark there when inserting into the fill neck. Now you got me thinking, thanks. Can a towel/microfiber being dragged across the paint cause enough static electricity to create a spark? We need an electrical engineer in here haha

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Never thought about that honestly... The hose is rubber so it won’t create a spark there when inserting into the fill neck. Now you got me thinking, thanks. Can a towel/microfiber being dragged across the paint cause enough static electricity to create a spark? We need an electrical engineer in here haha

I dont remember the guy's exact setup but I do remember reading about a guy at his shop that kept his fuel outside, sounded like maybe it was even slightly icy but was pouring it from plastic jug into a funnel and somehow got a spark - nearly killed himd

Users who are viewing this thread