Rail gun Prototype

EL Conquistador

Established Member
I don't know if this is a repost or not but i thought it was cool and worth posting. It's the the navy's new rail gun prototype that they claim can shoot a 40 pound projectile over 100 miles at Mach 7 (about 5,600 MPH)

[youtube_browser]-uV1SbEuzFU[/youtube_browser]

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Saw this on yahoo new the other day, crazy tech were playing with. A 40lb "bullet" at speeds of over 7500FPS is just nuts. Hope they actually get these put on the destroyers.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
How much fun would the navy get to have if they play a game of tag with these off the horn of africa. You could wipe out countless pirates without them knowing what the hell even happen.

Why does it look like an engine rod???? Looks like a steroided up lightning rod at 30lbs of boost coming out the side of a stock motor.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
How much fun would the navy get to have if they play a game of tag with these off the horn of africa. You could wipe out countless pirates without them knowing what the hell even happen.

Why does it look like an engine rod???? Looks like a steroided up lightning rod at 30lbs of boost coming out the side of a stock motor.

They are blanks, right now used for testing, they are shaped the way they are so they slow down faster once fired.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Hasnt there been a rail gun in video games aswell? like perfect dark or unreal tournament......I remember something in a game that went through walls.

97svt- Thanks i was pretty sure that wasn't the actual "bullet" if you want to call it that, but was trying to figure out what it was and why it was used.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Quake II & III had a railgun. God I miss those games.

Hasnt there been a rail gun in video games aswell? like perfect dark or unreal tournament......I remember something in a game that went through walls.

97svt- Thanks i was pretty sure that wasn't the actual "bullet" if you want to call it that, but was trying to figure out what it was and why it was used.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Users who are viewing this thread