Ran a 5.0 tonight in my new C6 GS LS3.......

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
And you will all be happy to know it was dead nuts even from a 20 roll to like 130. We both started in 1st, and both spun and hooked at the same time. But his shifts came up way quicker than mine. He must have had the 3.73 gears. His only mods that I could tell were muffler deletes. We didnt stop and talk after. He had buddies following him, and they all turned off before I could get over to join them. I can only hope he had a tune or tune/CAI because honestly this doesnt make any sense. My car is 436hp, 420tq and nearly 3300lbs. We all know the stats on the 5.0. Also I can say I was powershifting, so the driver mod is the only mod my car has. Otherwise its bone stock down to the paper filter. I wish I was able to get his mods. But either way, it was a great race. And I know my car is fast. Shit, I can keep up with the mighty 5.0 mustang......lol

Who really cares. Why dont u go to a vette forum.:beer:

SicShelby09

Banned
Who really cares. Why dont u go to a vette forum.:beer:

Have you been over there?? Its like geriatric talk. Most of those guys fit the mold of a typical corvette owner. Very boring. But Im still a fan of these cars. So If you dont mind, I would like to stay.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

SicShelby09

Banned

I just called them and they still have that deal for $1800 for the cam, springs, install and tunning. Not a bad deal at all. By spring I should have that and headers done. I can do the headers myself. I did those before on my last vette C6. Easypeasy. Who wants to i-race??

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Didn't you say you leased your car? Your going to mod a leased car? Correct me if I'm wrong maybe it was someone else in another post that leased a corvette. Guess it doesn't matter if it's just bolt on's though huh?

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
Angel (UWISHU 1) pulled away from a C6 vette pretty good last week in his 2011 with the AED tune.

SicShelby09

Banned
Didn't you say you leased your car? Your going to mod a leased car? Correct me if I'm wrong maybe it was someone else in another post that leased a corvette. Guess it doesn't matter if it's just bolt on's though huh?

Negative. I leased my last vette back in 07, and I was able to make money trading it in before the lease was up. It was worth more traded in vs. the lease buyout and I got the tax credit for it too. That was when I traded it in for the 09 GT500. This new vette is all mine. Not leased. This car is a keeper. Back in the day, leasing that C6 was the only way I could afford to get it. And it paid off in the end because it had so little miles compared to what it was supposed to have according to the lease. Thats the key. Leasing works great for expensive cars, that dont get driven to their mileage limits. Its a complicated process, but that car was a winner on trade in. The lease buyout was like $38k and I got $44k on trade for it. Plus the $44k tax credit toward the GT500 which I got for $38kOTD. It worked out great.

This new car was a different story. I was just about able to break even on the GT, and decided to put some cash into the deal to make the payoff sweeter on the vette. So Im about even on the vette now and have no plans to trade it in ever if I can help it. But eventually I would like to pay it off early and get another late model mustang or camaro to gut and spray just for the track. Get a car trailer and make a racecar that I dont have to worry much about.

86merc

Established Member
I think he said it was an LS2 though. BUt either way, should probably end the same....
He didn't know what one it was. He didn't talk to the owner. TCG people insisted it must have been a LS2 car. Either way the vette is lighter and makes more power stock. And Angel pulled on him.

In Florida Angel ran 1/8 mile on stock tires with the slower bama tune. Using the 1.55 NHRA conversion it would have been like a 12.3x pass. That is moving. So LS2 or LS3 it would have done about the same I am sure. Again, these cars run strong.

TheYeti

Established Member
This new car was a different story. I was just about able to break even on the GT, and decided to put some cash into the deal to make the payoff sweeter on the vette. So Im about even on the vette now and have no plans to trade it in ever if I can help it. But eventually I would like to pay it off early and get another late model mustang or camaro to gut and spray just for the track. Get a car trailer and make a racecar that I dont have to worry much about.

I think our plans are reversed. I would like to payoff my current GT and then get a vette....thats a few years down the road though :whine:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Why would you buy a new Grand Sport instead of a 2 year old Z06?

SicShelby09

Banned
Why would you buy a new Grand Sport instead of a 2 year old Z06?

Financing. Those Z06's are still more expensive, and the older ones that are closer to what I wanted to pay are too old to finance for 60 or 72. And I didnt want to put down $15k to make it affordable. Plus, my GS has all the Z06 bits I wanted like the wide booty, removable top and brakes, plus for like $2500 I can make it faster than a Z06 to boot. So this GS I found just made perfect sense. It still has a hand built LS3 with the dry sump too from that wixom plant by the same guys who build the LS7 and LS9.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Financing. Those Z06's are still more expensive, and the older ones that are closer to what I wanted to pay are too old to finance for 60 or 72. And I didnt want to put down $15k to make it affordable. Plus, my GS has all the Z06 bits I wanted like the wide booty, removable top and brakes, plus for like $2500 I can make it faster than a Z06 to boot. So this GS I found just made perfect sense. It still has a hand built LS3 with the dry sump too from that wixom plant by the same guys who build the LS7 and LS9.

i was told the GSs are considerably heavier than the ZO6s?

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
I was at the best buy parking lot the other day and saw a new candy red grand sport roll by that looked to be right off the showroom floor. The driver proceeded to park, got out, gingerly I might add, and to my surprise (being sarcastic), the driver was an old man in his middle 50's to early 60's looking about as cheesy as you can imagine. He looked around to see if anyone was looking at him. I thought, yep, that's about right :loser:. All he was missing was a popped collar that said "POPPED" with the collar turned up. Correction, he did have his collar popped. I visibly pointed at him and laughed so he could see and hear. I then went into best buy to see what my product from Amazon would look like after it arrived in the mail.

I actually like corvettes but would never own one for fear of being "that guy". Which, consequently, I truly believe happens to all corvette owners and they don't even realize it.

Let me guess, you're a teenager. Aren't you?

SicShelby09

Banned
i was told the GSs are considerably heavier than the ZO6s?

I think they are 3300 compared to the 3175 of the Z06. Mainly because of the extra Z06 hardware on the car, but still having the steel frame, not the aluminum frame from the Z06. Its the love child from the Z06 and c6.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Sounds like a car a 60 year old guy who smells of ben gay would drive. Probably with golf club in the trunk and a box of just for men dye.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I was at the best buy parking lot the other day and saw a new candy red grand sport roll by that looked to be right off the showroom floor. The driver proceeded to park, got out, gingerly I might add, and to my surprise (being sarcastic), the driver was an old man in his middle 50's to early 60's looking about as cheesy as you can imagine. He looked around to see if anyone was looking at him. I thought, yep, that's about right :loser:. All he was missing was a popped collar that said "POPPED" with the collar turned up. Correction, he did have his collar popped. I visibly pointed at him and laughed so he could see and hear. I then went into best buy to see what my product from Amazon would look like after it arrived in the mail.

I actually like corvettes but would never own one for fear of being "that guy". Which, consequently, I truly believe happens to all corvette owners and they don't even realize it.

100% right grey hairs and cool guys own them. Im sure he bought white oakleys and a pink polo to cruise in.

SicShelby09

Banned
Sounds like a car a 60 year old guy who smells of ben gay would drive. Probably with golf club in the trunk and a box of just for men dye.

Oh I remember you. You were that dirty mexican porter that transfered my ben gay jar, golf clubs and just for men from my mustang to the hatch of my new vette. Hope you didnt spend that whole dollar I gave you as a tip on taco bell like I told you not too.

hand-filer

Established Member
Have you been over there?? Its like geriatric talk. Most of those guys fit the mold of a typical corvette owner. Very boring. But Im still a fan of these cars. So If you dont mind, I would like to stay.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I don't mind. Even though it brings out the haters, ass clowns, etc, it's free entertainment none the less.
Enjoy that vette'.

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread