Ran a 5.0 tonight in my new C6 GS LS3.......

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I was at the best buy parking lot the other day and saw a new candy red grand sport roll by that looked to be right off the showroom floor. The driver proceeded to park, got out, gingerly I might add, and to my surprise (being sarcastic), the driver was an old man in his middle 50's to early 60's looking about as cheesy as you can imagine. He looked around to see if anyone was looking at him. I thought, yep, that's about right :loser:. All he was missing was a popped collar that said "POPPED" with the collar turned up. Correction, he did have his collar popped. I visibly pointed at him and laughed so he could see and hear. I then went into best buy to see what my product from Amazon would look like after it arrived in the mail.

I actually like corvettes but would never own one for fear of being "that guy". Which, consequently, I truly believe happens to all corvette owners and they don't even realize it.

I LOL'd at this

silver2001cobra

Established Member
And you will all be happy to know it was dead nuts even from a 20 roll to like 130. We both started in 1st, and both spun and hooked at the same time. But his shifts came up way quicker than mine. He must have had the 3.73 gears. His only mods that I could tell were muffler deletes. We didnt stop and talk after. He had buddies following him, and they all turned off before I could get over to join them. I can only hope he had a tune or tune/CAI because honestly this doesnt make any sense. My car is 436hp, 420tq and nearly 3300lbs. We all know the stats on the 5.0. Also I can say I was powershifting, so the driver mod is the only mod my car has. Otherwise its bone stock down to the paper filter. I wish I was able to get his mods. But either way, it was a great race. And I know my car is fast. Shit, I can keep up with the mighty 5.0 mustang......lol

Interesting, i ran my friend 5.0 with the 3.73 gears, from 40-150mph i put 2 car lenghts on him ,and my car was a stock ls3 vette

bunk22

Established Member

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice races and way to tell it like it is...I wish all ppl were like you...I tell about races exactly how they happen to the best of my knowledge...no use in adding and subtracting things because of what brand the cars are or because of the OPs ego...thank you for not being one of those blown egod vette owners :beer:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
No offense OP but you need to learn how to drive that vette. No reason at all you should have been dead even with a new 5.0. HP/Weight ratio is by far in your favor. With my weak ass mod list I walk new 5.0 and stock vettes all day.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
No offense OP but you need to learn how to drive that vette. No reason at all you should have been dead even with a new 5.0. HP/Weight ration is by far in your favor. With my weak ass mod list I walk new 5.0 and stock vettes all day.

what if the 5.0 was modded?

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
what if the 5.0 was modded?

I've beaten new 5.0 with BPU... Highly doubt this one had anything more than that. If it did I'll retract my previous statement.

I'm not talkin shit, just sayin, he should have walked that 5.0 with his eyes closed.

If it was something like your set up I would totally understand.

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I've beaten new 5.0 with BPU... Highly doubt this one had anything more than that. If it did I'll retract my previous statement.

I'm not talkin shit, just sayin, he should have walked that 5.0 with his eyes closed.

If it was something like your set up I would totally understand.
He obviously didn't walk the 5.0 and he has stated that. And with your mod list your not even walking a stock one. The same one he raced would walk yours.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
No offense OP but you need to learn how to drive that vette. No reason at all you should have been dead even with a new 5.0. HP/Weight ratio is by far in your favor. With my weak ass mod list I walk new 5.0 and stock vettes all day.

Man I was powershifting. No lifting. There isnt much left if you take it to redline and powershift to the next gear. I honked it off, and we were both in 1st. Nobody jumped before the third honk, so Im sayin it was a pretty even fight. Like I said, that 5.0 ripped. It had to have more mods then your average 5.0. My car "SHOULD" have been faster in theory, even compared to a cai/tuned/exhaust 5.0.

Last edited:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
I actually like corvettes but would never own one for fear of being "that guy". Which, consequently, I truly believe happens to all corvette owners and they don't even realize it.

if you get or own a stock corvette unless a Z06.. its impossible to get that label off. You need to have that thing modded, loud, rumbling with a big cam and that label comes off fast.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
He obviously didn't walk the 5.0 and he has stated that. And with your mod list your not even walking a stock one. The same one he raced would walk yours.

Actually I've already walked plenty with BPU, your almighty new 5.0 really isn't that fast. Learn your horsepower to weight ratios first of all Stock 5.0 = 405hp AT THE MOTOR. I have now almost 430 AT THE WHEELS, what do you think is gonna happen?

Man I was powershifting. No lifting. There isnt much left if you take it to redline and powershift to the next gear. I honked it off, and we were both in 1st. Nobody jumped before the third honk, so Im sayin it was a pretty even fight. Like I said, that 5.0 ripped. It had to have more mods then your average 5.0. My car "SHOULD" have been faster in theory, even compared to a cai/tuned/exhaust 5.0.

Yeah he must have had something else under that hood. Try to find him again to see what his mods are. Sure as hell must have been a surprise to you.

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Actually I've already walked plenty with BPU, your almighty new 5.0 really isn't that fast. Learn your horsepower to weight ratios first of all Stock 5.0 = 405hp AT THE MOTOR. I have now almost 430 AT THE WHEELS, what do you think is gonna happen?

Yeah he must have had something else under that hood. Try to find him again to see what his mods are. Sure as hell must have been a surprise to you.

412... If you're going to post stupid shit, it might as well be factual stupid shit.

Users who are viewing this thread