Ran a 5.0 tonight in my new C6 GS LS3.......

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Oh I remember you. You were that dirty mexican porter that transfered my ben gay jar, golf clubs and just for men from my mustang to the hatch of my new vette. Hope you didnt spend that whole dollar I gave you as a tip on taco bell like I told you not too.

No need for racism

SicShelby09

Banned
Some pro pictures of my new ride.....for the haters.

DSC_6250r.jpg

DSC_6240e.jpg

DSC_6243e.jpg

bmore1186

Established Member
Sounds like a car a 60 year old guy who smells of ben gay would drive. Probably with golf club in the trunk and a box of just for men dye.

Pretty sure this douche started going off track and insulting. :loser:

Awesome car. Still looks like it is in awesome condition!

bunk22

Established Member
Nice car!! I miss my C6, never should have gotten rid of it. It was an LS2 with VR, FAST, custom Comp Cam, Kooks 1 3/4" long-tubes, x-pipe with cats, cat back, with a tune.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Financing. Those Z06's are still more expensive, and the older ones that are closer to what I wanted to pay are too old to finance for 60 or 72. And I didnt want to put down $15k to make it affordable. Plus, my GS has all the Z06 bits I wanted like the wide booty, removable top and brakes, plus for like $2500 I can make it faster than a Z06 to boot. So this GS I found just made perfect sense. It still has a hand built LS3 with the dry sump too from that wixom plant by the same guys who build the LS7 and LS9.

Wow the market sucks around you. You can buy 2-4 year old Z06s around me all day long for 40-50. Good luck with it. I test drove a ls2 c6 z51 b/c that's what I thought I wanted and ended up buying my mustang. It would have to be Z06 or nothing for me.

VQ4NFO

Established Member
Nice car, I am looking for a GS 2010 or 2011. Prices should come down when the new model comes out. Then it's off to Livernois for their 480rwhp package. Like you said earlier this car with a cam, CAI, headers and tune will be extremely fast. Livernois by the way has the package installed for less than $5K.

steveofiveo

Established Member
Wait until you have have a 5 year old, that will put things as 'REALWORLD'
as it gets.

I was thinking about a vette again but they don't have a back seat for my daughter, so i bought the 5.0 (did i settle ?)

S

Thats what Im thinking too. The car pulled very hard and we were trading bumpers for the lead on every shift. His car would pull me, then he would drop back on the shift and I would pull a bumper. Then it would even out when I shifted. I was VERY surprised to say the least. I dont know what happened, but my vette truly feels faster than the 5.0 I had. The true test will be at the track to see what mph I can run. My best in the mustang was 116.98 which is basicly 117. I think stock LS3 vettes are good for 115-116 but we will see. Either way, Im not butthurt. That was super fun last night, and my car has a shit-ton of mods I can pickup for less than $1k that will take this car to a full bolton 5.0 status. And if I can do it myself, I can save a ton on the cam and get the car to the high 400's at the tire. At this car's weight, it will be a monster making 475 at the tire. Thats more than stock Z06's make. Time will see where I can go with it. The bank account(and wife) are still bitter about the vette pruchase.....lol Its going to be next spring before I will be "allowed" to get more for my car than just tints and a car wash....... Gotta love being married!!

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I actually like corvettes but would never own one for fear of being "that guy". Which, consequently, I truly believe happens to all corvette owners and they don't even realize it.

Yep.

I came up on a red C6 the other day coming home from work, not sure if it was an LS2 or an LS3, with a bottle blonde behind the wheel. The license plates?

"KP DREMN"

:rollseyes

I wanted nothing more than to put her in her place. I can't stand the typical Corvette owner. Nothing against 'vettes, but you drive a $50k piece of plastic, not an exotic - get over yourself, you're not that special. (I'm using "you" in the general sense here, not directed at any particular 'vette owner here).

Plus, someone my age in a 'vette just screams hood rich or daddy's car. Not exactly the image I want to project at the office.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
And just for the record, if a topic such as this were posted on Corvette Forum there would be nothing but childish Mustang bashing going on. I'm very pleased to see that there are open-minded, true car enthusiasts on this site. Great crowd over here.

Or if this were Camaro5, the thread would be locked and everyone banned because you're not allowed to say nice things about anything other than a Camaro.

Losers.

Mustang owners are definitely a much more accepting bunch. I like Corvettes, I'd probably own a GS LS3 if I could afford one, but the 5.0 will have to suffice for a few more years.

Users who are viewing this thread