Rashard Mendenhall

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
I don't necessarily share the same opinion as Mendenhall, I think the world is a better place without Bin Laden and I'm happy that he can no longer be a threat to the world. But it's Mendenhall's Twitter page/blog and his own opinion so who cares...he's entitled to that.

Blog - Noun: A Web site on which an individual or group of users record opinions, information, etc. on a regular basis.

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
so if the president had a twitter and said dumb shit it was be cool?

Who said it was "cool"???? And he would be entitled to his own opinion...cool or not. You don't have to agree with anyone's opinion as most of us don't agree with Mendenhall's. :shrug:

so if the president had a twitter and said dumb shit it was be cool?

Why can't people in the USA express their opinion or point of view, even if its an unpopular one? Mendenhall didn't create the story. Some goon from the press is the one that made it into a story. I'm not into all this Twitter and Facebook nonsense, but I'm sure you could find all kinds of objectionable things being posted on their by any given Joe. But God forbid an athlete says something unpopular and some knucklehead in the press has to go out and try to make a villain out of him. Its really silly how something an athlete posts on a social network site gets made into news. :shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Why can't people in the USA express their opinion or point of view, even if its an unpopular one? Mendenhall didn't create the story. Some goon from the press is the one that made it into a story. I'm not into all this Twitter and Facebook nonsense, but I'm sure you could find all kinds of objectionable things being posted on their by any given Joe. But God forbid an athlete says something unpopular and some knucklehead in the press has to go out and try to make a villain out of him. Its really silly how something an athlete posts on a social network site gets made into news. :shrug:

He did express his opinion and it is a very unpopular one. When you work in an industry that is dependent upon the your popularity with the public, it is in bad form to put out statements that cause your employers (the sports going/watching public) to dislike you. Therefore, his statements can and likely will impact ticket sales and the income of his employers. No employer likes that.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Why can't people in the USA express their opinion or point of view, even if its an unpopular one? Mendenhall didn't create the story. Some goon from the press is the one that made it into a story. I'm not into all this Twitter and Facebook nonsense, but I'm sure you could find all kinds of objectionable things being posted on their by any given Joe.

People can express any opinion they like but with that expression comes consequences.

The average person doesn't care what the average Joe has to say. The average person follows and wants to hear about celebs/athletes, etc.., Remember, athletes and celebs are looked upon as if they walk on water, if their crap smells like roses, etc..,

snake134

i got a lot of lulz out of this. surprised that so many people are taking this seriously :rollseyes he's paid to carry a ball 100 yds, by no means are his opinions credible. we shouldn't be taking his comments as seriously as we are. now, that said.......

GO LIONS!!!!!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
he should be fired from the team, plain and simple. i'll never forget, when 9-11 happened, i was in my 3rd year of medical school, doing a rotation at the cleveland clinic. 3 medical residents (of middle eastern heritage) were found celebrating as the towers went down. they were immediately fired---no warning, no appeal, no nothing---clean your lockers out.

jmk97GT

Established Member
he should be fired from the team, plain and simple. i'll never forget, when 9-11 happened, i was in my 3rd year of medical school, doing a rotation at the cleveland clinic. 3 medical residents (of middle eastern heritage) were found celebrating as the towers went down. they were immediately fired---no warning, no appeal, no nothing---clean your lockers out.

What a bunch of dumb****s.

Tuyo

Whitexican Extraordinaire
Established Member

He's shouldn't be fired. He's a pro athlete. He has a right to his own opinion. That's what being an American is about. Why people fight and die to protect those freedoms. He may be a jack@$$ but he is not celebrating the death of thousands of people like those med students were.
Honestly when I first heard about Bin Laden's death I turned on the news and saw a bunch of college students celebrating in the streets. I flashed back to when the Towers fell and the shots of Palestinians dancing and celebrating in the streets. It was eerily similar to me.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

I congratulate the Cleveland Clinic. :thumbsup:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member

As they should have been. I would even push for deportation. We don't need that crap here.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Very proper to have fired them for that. I salute the clinic for standing up for what is right. Some wouldn't have been as bold.

Users who are viewing this thread