really wish i didnt buy my 2013

5ohpowa

Established Member
anybody else feel this way? mine has the same trans b.s that was worrying me about buying one to begin with. when i try to shift above 6500 it binds everytime without fail. the passenger side window motor makes alot of noise going up. the drivers window makes a loud thud/pop when it goes all the way down and now today on the ride home from work it makes this whining interference sound from the passenger side speaker only on radio so i know its not the speaker itself. this along with the thread i had about all the paint imperfections it has make me wish i never got it. i have always taken great care of my cars and this car is no exception. i wash it daily and wax weekly. i dont abuse my stuff and never really have since i drive it daily. the worst thing i do is maybe a quick blast from a light or a merge lane. but after 2500 miles i am severly unimpressed with fords latest(the motor aside)this car is my 25th stang so far but probably going to be my last 2005+car. ive never felt like this about any of my cars,...except that one vette lol so im really wondering what ford would give me for this car and il go back to the 99-04 stang again:shrug:

5ohpowa

Established Member
just sucks as ive wanted a 5.0 since i test drove one when they came out, ive had this car for a short time and it already feels like junk with all the pops and clunks with only 2500 miles so far. and the 3rd gear situation sucks. im seriously debating dumping this thing off for something older.

5ohpowa

Established Member
ford service departments scare me lol so idk if i even want to deal with the warranty b.s i had a mach1 go in for the tsb head tick noise and they screwed the car up so bad they bought it back. and another dealer left my saleen outside over the weekend the with the windows down,...yup it rained

Davey

Established Member
Well there you go. Take it to the service department, let them screw it up, and then buy it back, like they did your '99-'04 Mustang.

Then you can buy an awesome problem-free '99-'04 Mustang like your old Mach 1 that had a head tick noise.

88_mustang_GT

Established Member
Well there you go. Take it to the service department, let them screw it up, and then buy it back, like they did your '99-'04 Mustang.

Then you can buy an awesome problem-free '99-'04 Mustang like your old Mach 1 that had a head tick noise.

:D Lol.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Have you told dealer about issues, they may buy it back? I feel where you are coming from, spending that much on a car you are not 100% happy with.. Sucks, call dealer

5ohpowa

Established Member
Paint- the brought it in from another dealer and when it got there after i got off work it was getting dark
the 99-04 comment was because ive had 4 machs and 2 saleens and a bunch of gt's. One car with a tsb and a careless tech doesnt ruin the whole bunch. Thanks for the smartass comment tho,.. really helpfull u must be one of those internet baddasses.

kona12

Established Member
Been said to many times.For the bang for the Buck about the shift issue. Buy yourself the shifter bracket its solves alot of your shift issues. Im sure many on here agree. As far as window you got warranty take advantage of it. dont get me wrong I feel your pain about new car with issues.

Last edited:

5ohpowa

Established Member
Im thinking i may give the barton a try along with the clutch line. It just kills the fun out of having it if u cant get on it without worrying about it all the time. Im not sure why ford put these things behind one of their best motors?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Paint- the brought it in from another dealer and when it got there after i got off work it was getting dark
the 99-04 comment was because ive had 4 machs and 2 saleens and a bunch of gt's. One car with a tsb and a careless tech doesnt ruin the whole bunch. Thanks for the smartass comment tho,.. really helpfull u must be one of those internet baddasses.

If the paint needs to be detailed, Its covered in the warranty. Make the dealer do it and make sure its right.

Last edited:

Davey

Established Member

Dude, I'm just busting your balls a little because you're not making ANY sense.

You post about how you wish you didn't buy the car because of some paint issues and a trans issue that you vaguely described (maybe you made another post I'm not aware of?) and when people encourage you to take it to the dealer for warranty work so you can get the working 2013 Mustang GT you paid for you say you don't want to. So you want to just lose thousands of dollars on a brand new car instead of trying to get it repaired under warranty, for free? :shrug:

Are you flat-foot shifting the car, i.e. powershifting, i.e. leaving the gas floored, dipping the clutch, and giving the gear shift your best gorrilla-strength yank? If so, the dealer isn't going to help you. You probably shouldn't expect the stock car to do that. Get a better clutch, better clutch line, torque limiters, motor mounts, etc.

But if you're just attempting a quick shift to 2nd gear at 6500 - 6800 RPM and getting blocked out regularly then it sounds like you have a trans issue that can be fixed by your dealer, under warranty, for free. Mine doesn't do that, it shifts to 2nd at 6500 RPM just like it does at 4,000 RPM, maybe even better.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
It sounds like you may have gotten a Lemon, if so, they have laws for that. My 13's is perfect EXCEPT I have to slow my shifts from 1st-2nd down otherwise it grinds. 2-3 and 3-4 are fine, its only 1-2, and if the problem persists I may have my buddy who works at a local ford dealership take a look at it.

Last edited:

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
I think most of these clutch issues are a fluke...mainly bc ive never had a problem with it when i had the factory shifter and bracket. Bought the barton bc i wanted something better and it was. Sure it makes a lil more noise and blah blah blah but i like it. Never had the clutch pedal stick to the floor. It would get soft after a good burnout at the track but i just pumped it a lil and it went back to normal. I did eventually buy a joe heck racing clutch line and it solved the soft pedal feel even tho i never really had an issue. It was cheap and easy to do so i figured it wouldnt hurt anything. If you have a paint problem from the dealership take it back and have em buff it. Thats what i had done. Had a few small scratches from who knows what and they lol wanted to put touch up paint on it lol and i told em take the next few hours and buff my shit you f@cking idiots....so they did. Paint looks great now. But as for the clunk it makes when the windows go up and down. I mean come on really man. Its not a mercedes or a rolls royce or bentley with super duper ultra quiet superman window modulators for ultra performance. Sounds like you might be a lil sore about the "shifting issues" but i seroiously think the dealership should beable to work out most if not all of your problems under warranty. No offense but give them a chance before you come on here complaining about small issues when you havent given the dealership a chance to right some of fords possible oversights.

5ohpowa

Established Member
Like i said before i dont powershift it because i dont want to break it. Its my daily driver at the moment. No car= not getting to work lol. Again the thread was just to see if anyone else had the same feeling with theirs, ive seen alot of people trade the 6sp manual cars in for autos but idk. As for the warranty service like i said before i got screwed on that a few times so im apprehensive to take it in. Seems all ive ever gotten from ford service is a headache and a few hard miles from some techs joyride

speednutz

Established Member
anybody else feel this way? mine has the same trans b.s that was worrying me about buying one to begin with. when i try to shift above 6500 it binds everytime without fail. the passenger side window motor makes alot of noise going up. the drivers window makes a loud thud/pop when it goes all the way down and now today on the ride home from work it makes this whining interference sound from the passenger side speaker only on radio so i know its not the speaker itself. this along with the thread i had about all the paint imperfections it has make me wish i never got it. i have always taken great care of my cars and this car is no exception. i wash it daily and wax weekly. i dont abuse my stuff and never really have since i drive it daily. the worst thing i do is maybe a quick blast from a light or a merge lane. but after 2500 miles i am severly unimpressed with fords latest(the motor aside)this car is my 25th stang so far but probably going to be my last 2005+car. ive never felt like this about any of my cars,...except that one vette lol so im really wondering what ford would give me for this car and il go back to the 99-04 stang again:shrug:

Take it in and use your Warranty.
You really need to get the issues on Record as you can use it later.
My 12 Shelby had 1st to 2nd shift issues and that was below 5000 RPM's.
I learned later that they had Trans issues that were fixed in the 13 model.

Users who are viewing this thread