Rear differential cooler

98blksvt

Established Member
ooooooooooaaahhhhhhhh wow 1 more thing i gotta put on my 95 408gt will i actually ever get my differential hot enough to need a dif. cool probably not but with those 10sec 1/4 mile passes, 100mph+ speeds on the free way, and me trying to open track in a wal mart parking lot i might just need one :lol: no but its one more performance part that i have and the other stang guys dont! i cant affort 2000bucks so when some one gets that 200 budget cooler list dont please mail it to [email protected]

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
03 Sonic Blue, once you go open tracking, you'll be HOOKED !!! (Hence the fishing reference)

My temp gauge for the diff. shows 180 degrees on long highway drives, and when I'm on the track, my cooler kicks on at 210 , and brings it down to 180. I followed the parts list posted here last summer, and did the whole cooler, pump, lines, fittings, gauge, etc. for $1700 installed.

kevin

Originally posted by '03 Sonic Blue
When did we start talking about fishing:shrug:
Damn, I can never keep up with the conversation:cryying:

consider the source. it come from a man blinded by shiney yellow bobbles:lol: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by kevin
consider the source. it come from a man blinded by shiney yellow bobbles:lol: :beer:

(scratches head and squints eyes) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 98blksvt
ooooooooooaaahhhhhhhh wow 1 more thing i gotta put on my 95 408gt will i actually ever get my differential hot enough to need a dif. cool probably not but with those 10sec 1/4 mile passes, 100mph+ speeds on the free way, and me trying to open track in a wal mart parking lot i might just need one :lol: no but its one more performance part that i have and the other stang guys dont! i cant affort 2000bucks so when some one gets that 200 budget cooler list dont please mail it to [email protected]

Unless you changed the rear axle, you should have a solid axle in that '95 and most likely will not need a diff cooler?

98blksvt

Established Member
i never said i needed one but that i wanted one, im also changeing out the rearnew differential, new axels, and new gears!

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
Originally posted by 98blksvt
i never said i needed one but that i wanted one...

Since you want one you don't need and I need one that I don't want, we should be able to work something out. You get your un-needed one, send it to me and I'll put it to use. Then you can list the diff cooler in your mods, it just won't be on your car. Sort of like sponsoring one of those starving kids in Ethiopistan;-)

predator

Established Member
Originally posted by Flying Fred
Glad you asked Brian. We used your bracket and it worked just fine. Thank you very much!:beer:

Fred...Brian....anybody have another one of those brakets laying around collecting dust? Probably the only piece I hadn't thought of until the time to do the install! :-D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by predator
Fred...Brian....anybody have another one of those brakets laying around collecting dust? Probably the only piece I hadn't thought of until the time to do the install! :-D

I don't, but it is pretty easy to make. I know Terry has some good pics of his bracket, his is about the nicest one I have seen. He has it painted up nice and even has chrome bolts attaching it. It looks great.

Terry, can you post those pics?

Brian

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Originally posted by predator
Sorry, the only one I had was the one Brian sold me with his diff cooler. As he mentioned, it shouldn't be hard to make one. Terry's pictures should help.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'll second the fact that Terry's set-up is one of the trickest. :bowdown:

He used a Cobra "R" oil cooler and does NOT require a fan!:D

In addition, he used existing holes and didn't have to drill into that hardened bumper support! :bash: :bash: (What a MPITFA that was!!! :cryying:

98blksvt

Established Member
yeah 03 sonic ill shure do that! hey any body have an 00R that they want to give me? you can list it on you vehicles list but it will really be mine, just think of it as sponsoring me!

Terry Moenich

Established Member
OK, here are the photos. I fabed the bracket, it fits in the factory holes on the bumper reinforcement so nothing is bastardized.

I use a Tilton pump, they make two, I chose the better one.

The cooler is the same cooler as a 95-2000 R engine oil cooler.

I can fab one for anyone that is interested at a reasonable cost.

Naturally ARP stainless bolts and color matching run the cost up.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
The nice thing about this is the bracket, pump and cooler are all one assembly. 4 bolts a plug and two hoses and the hole assembly comes off to clean or do what ever.

Shop line is 630-295-5962 best time is in the evening, or leave a message and I will call you back

Users who are viewing this thread