Rear Upper Control Arm Video....You're going to want to see this.....

13BremboGT

Established Member
Did you get relocation brackets?, also pinion angle is important....

I have the pinion angle set at just under 2 degrees right now. I had it set at around 2.75, but reduced it due to noise.

I would try moving the UCA front bolt to the lower hole to increase anti-squat before buying anything else.

Nice videos!

The relocation brackets will get the job done if the lower hole uca thing dont work!

BMR, what say you?

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
sup man? im in wilmington, we need to meet up sometime. cool vid. i need some suspension mods eventually. mines an auto, so i dont get that terrible wheel hop b/t shifts, but it becomes present at times from low rolls or on the 1-2 shift with the new tune, but not as bad as urs.

13BremboGT

Established Member
It is something specific to the Brembo Package that makes these cars wheel hop BAD. The autos have almost none, and the non-Brembo stick guys seem to be hit or miss with it, but nothing like the Brembo cars. Seems like the 3.73s don't help either.

So, there are 3 things left in the rear end of my car that make it different from a non-Brembo car.

1. Wheel/tire package
2. Springs
3. Shocks

There were some other 5.0s at the track yesterday as well. An 11-12 Brembo car...he had some crazy wheel hop just like I had/have. There was also another guy there that told me I needed an upper and mount to fix it. His jaw about hit the floor when I told him I already replaced the upper, upper mount, and lowers.

I was too bummed out yesterday to write a long reply. This was me on my first pass when I realized that the wheel hop didn't die. :bored: :cuss:

Mr. Anderson

Established Member
did you replace the UCA bushing on the differential also? that almost makes me want to go with a solid spherical metal joint up front.

13BremboGT

Established Member
did you replace the UCA bushing on the differential also? that almost makes me want to go with a solid spherical metal joint up front.

It's not the upper. The upper is actually doing a great job in the latest video. It's fighting something else and I wish I knew exactly what it is. My gut is telling me that this has something to do with the Brembo Package wheels and tires, but my wallet is screaming "NO!"

by9468840

Established Member
You should ;)I got Brembo package. upgraded lca with Che relocation brackets and wheel hop became minimal. Installed steeda competition adjustable UCA with poly bushings and now it's all gone. Upgrading UCA or lca alone with reloc brackets isn't enough. You need to upgrade the whole system.

kingnut

Established Member
i have a whiteline UCA on the way. i didnt have wheel hop with the stock suspension or lowered. but i do want to correct my pinion angle.

Users who are viewing this thread