jshen

Established Member
Excellent Observation!

Could this mean another Cobra other than the GT500? :shrug:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
jwfisher said:
The GT500 isn't a "Cobra" in the usual sense... it's not an SVT-labeled product.

Yeah it is. It's called the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500, and it's made by SVT.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Jeff way to go on seeing that. I'm with you if they don't offer the IRS I will say bye to the new cobra. I think that if Ford makes the decision to scrap the IRS they will loose a lot of customers. As much as people bitch about the IRS on the Cobra just remember that the SN95’s weren't designed with one in mind, the new mustangs are.

Last edited:

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Nice job. Now, did you see any pods on the bottom of the car (weak reference to conspiracy theory on 9/11)?

jwfisher

Banned
Just updated the site (see link on my original post) with some pics of the older red mule, before the IRS was installed in it. But the final red mule, the development car, has an IRS.
As said all along by Ford and SVE/SVT, the next Cobra has an IRS.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
JWFISHER, from the picture on your site it also looks like the rear has four piston calipers.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Wow, I pray this car has a IRS...I want to see the Cobra compete on the world stage not just here in the US. My lease on my M is up soon....hehe Dave

Silver10thAConv

Established Member
If you look at the video at Edmunds.com of Shelby driving the red test mule, it doesn't have those big 4 piston calipers in the rear. I think that picture is of the front wheel/brakes. The front spindle used the same nut as a Cobra IRS hub and that rotor looks awful big to be in the rear.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Considering the "Boy Racers" are using the same rear axles the new GT500 is, and the "Boy Racers" beat the M3 in the big Grand Prix race, I don't think they are going to have much of a problem with no IRS.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The advantage of the IRS is you can play around with the camber/caster/toe-in and will handle bumpier roads better. With a straight axle your kind stuck with the factory settings.

I'm sure the new Cobra will still handle well. But I perfer the IRS for a road car.

Users who are viewing this thread