Remote Tuning Review W/ Eric Brooks 2.2 Kenne Bell Cobra

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
Everyone,
Just figured I'd throw some web-kudos up for Eric Brooks and the recent remote tuning session he did with me to get my 2.2 Kenne Bell Cobra dialed in. I'm up in Montana with no reputable tuner/dyno within any reasonable distance, so I decided to do some research into remote tuning and Eric had gotten very good reviews. After getting the blower installed and the AFX A/F gauge (with the NTK sensor) Eric sent me a base tune and we got started. It only took 5 exchanges back and forth between me and Eric, logging the idle, some part throttle driving, and a few WOT runs, and he has it dialed in and running great. Overall, I went from no tune at all to fully tuned and ready to rock within a week, the longest time it took him to get a revised tune file back to me was about 18 hours or so. I'm only running about 15psi with a 2.76 upper (4000 ft elevation sucks) but it definitely pulls way harder than my ported eaton setup did. Anyway, long story short, if anyone is looking into some serious mods but can't find a tuner nearby, I suggest you look up Brooks Speed and I wouldn't hesitate to use his remote tuning service again!

03cobrah

Established Member
Eric is a good guy and tuner! My car was stumbling from a dyno tune and he offered to send me a tune free of charge to see if the problem cleared up, i told him theres no need and would pay for it if it worked which i did. Standup guy from my experience

TVSCobra

Established Member
I had one of his tunes before I got hooked up with Justin. Eric does great tunes and service. Justin always has my vote though.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Dyno Dan just moved to Montana. He is also a very reputable tuner. He's at Dynojet's Headquarters and is their Vice President.

DYNO DAN

Just letting you know. Not knocking Eric.

GodStang

Established Member
I have been to many tuners and Eric was able to do what others could not. He is a great tuner and very knowledgeable when it comes to Modular Mustangs.

Jefe

Established Member
Pricing on something like that?

Luckily I havent need a new tune but my guy has gone missing. Very close to using Eric Brooks. His reputation on ModFords is impressive

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Eric also tuned my car and I could not be happier with the job he did. Great guy and a great tuner.

GodStang

Established Member
Pricing on something like that?

Luckily I havent need a new tune but my guy has gone missing. Very close to using Eric Brooks. His reputation on ModFords is impressive

Eric has fixed price tuning and I think he is one of the few that does. $500 for a Power adder car not including tuner or software. If it takes him 5mins or takes him 10 years he is only charging you $500.

I had a build that some huge name tuners could not even get the car to idle right. They kept telling me I built the car wrong and it was my issue. Well everything tested correctly. He told me to come down to Tifton, GA and give him 15mins and he will tell me if it is mechanical or the tune. In 15 mins on the ground he built from scratch a better tune than the other shops did in 5 hrs on the dyno. Then he put it on the dyno and cleaned it up. It proved it was the tune and not my build.

He is a top notch Mod tuner for wild builds.

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
$250 for the remote tuning service, takes a bit going back and forth, but like I said, with 1 update each day (or there about) we had the car dialed in pretty well within a week. Now he's just fixing up little stuff as I find it, aka, sent me a tune with the EGR and Rear O2's disabled, etc... but the car has been running great for about 1 1/2 weeks now!

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Thanks for the review! I will be using him as well because I dont get a warm feeling with the lack of tuners here in AZ.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Another :thumbsup: for Eric. Also did a remote tune and all turned out well, even without a wideband. He offered to make any adjustments that I may need if I ever get a wideband hooked up, very cool.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Are you guys data logging on another dyno and just sending the info to hi or using your hand held to data log on the street and sending it to him?

Jefe

Established Member
Ya you use a local dyno to datalog whatever readings he needs. Email him the logs and he remote tunes from his location and then emails it back to upload. Re-dyno to get it into specs

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Already started exchanging emails and accept my mod list! Should be starting the running in the next few weeks when I get time to install everything!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Ya you use a local dyno to datalog whatever readings he needs. Email him the logs and he remote tunes from his location and then emails it back to upload. Re-dyno to get it into specs

Not necessarily the only way. He uses SCT and will send you a config file. Hook the SCT to your laptop, open the file, and do the datalog with the PID's he specifies. Very simple.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Cool! Love to see where and how you have the AFX mounted in your cockpit? That's the wideband the shop uses for doing street pulls. Their very accurate and easy to install from car to car, considering putting one in mine full time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread