Return Fuel System questions

rlhay2

Established Member
Currently shopping return style fuel systems for the TT project.

I have looked at the following:

1) JPCracing.com

They use a 3 pump system utilizing 400lph Walbro pumps.

Sent them an email with some questions and heard back relatively quickly.

2) LethalPerformance.com

Has a new billet hat to be released soon that also uses the Walbro 400lph pumps.
Jared personally responds to email inquiries and his quick, informative responses are greatly appreciated.

3) Blowbyracing.com

I have inquired into their new Jackal single pump system. I like the idea of the single pump but have yet to hear back from them.

Am I overlooking another option or does anyone have a recommendation? Want to cover all the bases before I pull the trigger.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Fore innovation is suppose to come out again with another one also but no ETA.
I pmed 3 people from lethal and it seemed like they don't have an eta on release for the div X hats.
The jackal system from blowby looks to be a good design but I hear aeromotive a1000 pumps run into a lot of problems. Do a google search for aeromotive a1000 problem and a lot of threads will show up with various problems.
I ordered the jpc fuel system mainly because there are some gt500 running these systems already with great success, and also the top hat merges all three pumps before it get to the feed line fitting eliminating the need for a 3 feed "y" block. Everything should be in by next week according to Tommy @ JPC.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Looks like the only viable option at this point is the JPC unit. Lethals isn't out and the Jackal won't support you HP on E85.

rlhay2

Established Member
The future of E85 is not a certainty at this point...Regardless, the available data favors the JPCracing fuel system.

CPRsm

Then the A1000 might work depending what you actually go for power wise. But if you are going to try to max the turbos out, it won't cut it even on gas.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I like my system of course....lol

Rail mounted Magna Flow 750....Stock pumps in the tank. The Manga Flow is boost activated at 4psi.

No pump noise and if one of your triple pumps fail...well you do the math.

I have a check valve in line so the small pump won't blow through the big pump and #12 pick up in the tank to feed the big pump.

bull3441

Established Member
I like my system of course....lol

Rail mounted Magna Flow 750....Stock pumps in the tank. The Manga Flow is boost activated at 4psi.

No pump noise and if one of your triple pumps fail...well you do the math.

I have a check valve in line so the small pump won't blow through the big pump and #12 pick up in the tank to feed the big pump.
did you change your fuel lines at all?

bull3441

Established Member
Yes its braided front to back. Not sure on the size. I bought all the stuff used from Dan Schoneck.
you're route seems more cost effective than a triple pump set up. i'm sure once my car is back from L&M i will make the switch to corn. i had been against it, but time to switch sides.

rlhay2

Established Member

So you have the stock system augmented by the Magna Flow?
Activated by a Turbosmart boost controller?

Does the Magna Flow have its own supply line from the tank?

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
So you have the stock system augmented by the Magna Flow?
Activated by a Turbosmart boost controller?

Does the Magna Flow have its own supply line from the tank?

It has a pressure/hobb switch activated by pressure. Yes it has it's own supply from the tank. They meet under the drivers door. So when I'm in boost everything is running.

CPRsm

you're route seems more cost effective than a triple pump set up. i'm sure once my car is back from L&M i will make the switch to corn. i had been against it, but time to switch sides.
Hell yeah. I planned on the same thing. For cost and the reason Tony mentioned. One less problem to go wrong. Tapped in a -12 for later use the same way Tony's is setup using the factory baffle.

12feed001.jpg

CPRsm

He has the small pumps and big pump Y into one that goes to the engine. He runs around town quietly with stock pumps and when his engine sees 4 psi, the big boy kicks on. Can't ever hear the big pump and it isn't on long enough to get the fuel hot......like it would if he just drove around with it all the time. Some of the big pumps can get fuel hot quick. Especially if you have less than 5 gallons in the tank.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
what all is involved as far as parts list required to put this onto a stock gt500 fuel system? i have a kb BAP and 60lbers right now....interested in this setup but im not to mechanically inclined...all i know is i need to have more fuel as my car goes lean up top after 6200rpm with 19-20psi...i plan on cranking the boost up to around 24-25 so im definately going to have to do something about my fuel delivery...Bull can you list the required parts if possible? thx

Last edited:

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
BBR is proud to offer our NEW Jackal Fuel System for 2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT and 2007-201 2Shelby GT500 Owners.

* This is a direct replacement system
* The only system that uses a 1 pump system (no more guessing if you have 1 of 3 pump that may have burnt out)
* Re-use your factory level sending unit
* Re-use you factory cross-over tubing
* Detailed Installations Instruction w/ pictures

- Our system is capable of supporting over 1500 HP. This is the last fuel system you will ever need to purchase.
Our system is 100% completely made in the U.S.A.

-We also offer a complete kit that will include everything you will need. The Jackal system is a direct drop-in billet fuel hat that utilizes your factory cross over tube and factory fuel level sending units. Our system is a return style system system; design to make and support BIG Horsepower.

NOTE: Fuel Level Sending is only for picture; we will be re-using your stock unit.

Billet Hats start at $299
Complete System $1495

jackal0510.jpg

Available NOW!

Call us today!!!

561-417-5555

Users who are viewing this thread