Revolution Automotive Rebuild info?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Hey guys, I see people recommending Revolution Automotive rebuilds for the mt-82, but I never seem so see a post from someone who has had it done.

If you have had it done, what do you think of it? Does it shift smoother? What did it cost? Would you do it again, or save for the T-56?

Thanks for any first-hand knowledge!

draxxus131

Established Member
I've also wondered the same after the Mt-82 is built up, what exactly is it like. Are most the nuances associated with it virtually gone?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
LOL, everyone is always recommending it, but you cant get any info about it.

I was hoping for a customers review of it :(

M33P

Established Member
I don't think Adam or any of his techs are very involved in forums. best bet would be to give them a call. Bradley would be more then willing to discuss this with you.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I was more looking for customer opinions, not a sales pitch. Please don't take that rude, I wasn't trying to be. I'm just saying I want to hear from someone who gains nothing from praising the product.

I will be giving them a call though to get some pricing :)

helli217

Established Member
I was more looking for customer opinions, not a sales pitch. Please don't take that rude, I wasn't trying to be. I'm just saying I want to hear from someone who gains nothing from praising the product.

I will be giving them a call though to get some pricing :)

This is what I would like to see. Mine shifts fine, but is whining and it's in the back of my mind that it may take a shit on me at any moment. I'd rather stick with the MT-82 if I could fix/prevent any further issues with a rebuild, and strengthen it up.

draxxus131

Established Member
Screw that, I'm just going to ask the local tuners and racers who to go to around SoCal. Waiting for input on this subject is going to take some time.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I can add this to your thread my old mt-82 was sold to a guy in Illinois, part of the deal was for me to take the tranny to rev auto to have it rebuilt and i did so. Ive since talked to him and he says the tranny is awesome now. Totally different tranny no issues. I know another guy who has a paxton car and blew his mt-82 up racing. I referred him to rev auto for the rebuild just after he went out and bought a replacement mt-82. He wound up getting both trannies rebuilt and he also says the tranny is a whole new animal, says it shifts so much better... No issues. He said he was gonna keep the 2nd tranny as a back up.. But i think he's gonna sell it eventually..

numbnutz

Established Member
I can add this to your thread my old mt-82 was sold to a guy in Illinois, part of the deal was for me to take the tranny to rev auto to have it rebuilt and i did so. Ive since talked to him and he says the tranny is awesome now. Totally different tranny no issues. I know another guy who has a paxton car and blew his mt-82 up racing. I referred him to rev auto for the rebuild just after he went out and bought a replacement mt-82. He wound up getting both trannies rebuilt and he also says the tranny is a whole new animal, says it shifts so much better... No issues. He said he was gonna keep the 2nd tranny as a back up.. But i think he's gonna sell it eventually..

What does Rev auto charge for the rebuild?

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I have one!!!

Actually it's in my fiance's car. Rev Auto offers 2 stages. Stage 1 is 899.00 Stage 2 is 1899.00

With the clutch line, McLeod RXT twin disc and the Rev Auto build? The car simply shifts amazing. If anyone is in the VA MD area and wants a ride? Let me know. I will also be at Ford Carlisle and Mustang week.

The MT-82 community has to experience how awesome Rev Auto's work is on these transactions

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
You that is really not bad at all for the price of it all in stages that is. Do you have a video of your fiance's car shifting, any video would be great.

jojobee

Established Member
I have one!!!

Actually it's in my fiance's car. Rev Auto offers 2 stages. Stage 1 is 899.00 Stage 2 is 1899.00

With the clutch line, McLeod RXT twin disc and the Rev Auto build? The car simply shifts amazing. If anyone is in the VA MD area and wants a ride? Let me know. I will also be at Ford Carlisle and Mustang week.

The MT-82 community has to experience how awesome Rev Auto's work is on these transactions

So beside beefing it up and coating the gears what does he do actually for 1900$ that make it shift amazing ?

If you bring the car to his shop does the 1900$ include the trans removal ?

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I have the stage 1. The price doesn't include the labor of taking the trans out. Rev Charges $450.00 for that labor.

I will make a video next time we go to the track. She will be racing it at NMRA Norwalk if anyone wants to see it.

Last edited:

PhillyLS1

Established Member
So everyone knows:

Rev Auto's number is 443-231-5072. But here are some specifics for the future.

Stage 1 includes CNC'd brass shift fork pads, brass shift stops, welded shift forks, hand dressed gears and slider assemblies. That's $899.00 for a MT-82 in working order. If there are damaged parts that need to be replaced obviously replacing the parts will reflect in a higher price.

Stage 2 includes REM treating all of the gears, shafts, and slider assemblies plus everything included in Stage 1. That's $1,899.00.

I can't tell you guys what a difference Stage 1 along makes.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
So everyone knows:

Rev Auto's number is 443-231-5072. But here are some specifics for the future.

Stage 1 includes CNC'd brass shift fork pads, brass shift stops, welded shift forks, hand dressed gears and slider assemblies. That's $899.00 for a MT-82 in working order. If there are damaged parts that need to be replaced obviously replacing the parts will reflect in a higher price.

Stage 2 includes REM treating all of the gears, shafts, and slider assemblies plus everything included in Stage 1. That's $1,899.00.

I can't tell you guys what a difference Stage 1 along makes.

Exactly the anwer I was looking for. Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread