Revolution Automotive Rebuild info?

WildOne12

Established Member
I just dropped my car off today for the Stage 1 upgrade & McLeod RXT clutch install... Can't wait to get it back & test it out :burnout:

The best way to get a hold of Revolution Auto is on there Facebook page, check them out!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I just dropped my car off today for the Stage 1 upgrade & McLeod RXT clutch install... Can't wait to get it back & test it out :burnout:

The best way to get a hold of Revolution Auto is on there Facebook page, check them out!

Bout time...lol where you been buddy? its dave we met at capital raceway a while back during the jpc event. When you get your car back, will have to meet at cecil. My car is currently getting a Detroit locker true trac and strange heavy duty axles...cant wait to get it back!

Joey8

Established Member
Hmm this got me thinking. I just dropped a bunch of money on a TT build but when i recoupe some cost the tranny/clutch is next on my list to mod. I wonder if i should just bite the bullet and go t56 magnum or "get by" with a stage 2 rebuild. Right now at about 440 the tranny shifts great. It whines in 5th and 6th gear but other then that no complaints so far.

WildOne12

Established Member
Bout time...lol where you been buddy? its dave we met at capital raceway a while back during the jpc event. When you get your car back, will have to meet at cecil. My car is currently getting a Detroit locker true trac and strange heavy duty axles...cant wait to get it back!

Besides being busy working... I'm trying to get the car ready for a JPC Turbo Kit hopefully by the end of this year! Once I get the clutch broke in & we get a little cooler weather I'll definitely be heading to Cecil County to see what it will do.

Kornilov

Established Member
I have one!!!

Actually it's in my fiance's car. Rev Auto offers 2 stages. Stage 1 is 899.00 Stage 2 is 1899.00

With the clutch line, McLeod RXT twin disc and the Rev Auto build? The car simply shifts amazing. If anyone is in the VA MD area and wants a ride? Let me know. I will also be at Ford Carlisle and Mustang week.

The MT-82 community has to experience how awesome Rev Auto's work is on these transactions

Keith,

I would like to take you up on the offer. Im getting fed up with my MT82 - it shifts fine now but is making a racket like none other. Im in Alexandria till next month and moving to Fairfax then. I'll PM you.

nosscort

Established Member

why??? did you break your factory 31 spline rear at the track running it?? what did it finally run..

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Keith,

I would like to take you up on the offer. Im getting fed up with my MT82 - it shifts fine now but is making a racket like none other. Im in Alexandria till next month and moving to Fairfax then. I'll PM you.

We're going to be at American Muscle's show and CJ Pony Parts' Customer Appreciation day. Please come by and say hello.

WildOne12

Established Member
My car went down to Revolution around the 1st of July for the Stage 1 upgrade & RXT clutch. I wanted to put some miles on it before totally abusing it & let the clutch break in.

Let's just say the money was well spent & the new clutch was properly broken in over the weekend. Made a number of hard runs out on Rt. 9 at my favorite testing spot.

Launching @ 4000 on MT Streets & shifting @7500 resulted in smooth quick shifts with none of the previous inconsistencies, grinding or gear lock out... Can't wait to get back to the track & see how the car performs.

evanjp

Established Member
I've heard about revolution auto and am pumped that so many people from MD belong to this forum! Amazing. THIS IS NOT TO DERAIL THREAD!!!!! I'm looking for possible opinions and thoughts on my situation to see if a rebuild will help!!!! I live near rev auto and hear good things!

My transmission acts funny sometimes. 2nd is often a rough shift and often makes a meshy sort of noise that is quite audible. 5th is often rough. 3rd and 4th can be rough at times and going into first at a stop nibbles/is rough sometimes. When I say rough I mean it nibbles and sometimes makes a clicking/shifting-into-gear-roughly clicky noise. All this is emphasized when it seems like the clutch is all of a sudden a bit harder to push in/requires more force. But NEITHER of these gears actually GRIND. But sometimes the clutch feels very light and going into gears is perfect feeling. No noise at all when shifting or anything feeling odd. But it goes away quickly during a drive and often changes driving characteristics in a single drive if I engage gears a certain way/ take clutch out different way/ etc. I really have no idea. Sometimes I'll be driving and literally every shift is rough/nibbles and feels just dirty and just bad. I can't describe it any other way. Tough to put into words. But the gears don't actually GRIND in a loud "oh shit" way. Just feels awful sometimes. And the nibbles/roughness is loud sometimes, just not an actual grind. But there is noise of roughness (hard to explain!!!!)

Is this not too bad because the gears never grind??

Clutch issue/slave or transmission issue?? I would be interested in stage 1. How long does the rebuild take? Car is my DD.

Any opinions would be very helpful! Thank you!

evanjp

Established Member
Forgot to add that I had a JPC clutch line and it leaked pretty bad at the transmission end and was hard to keep pressure built when I installed it. It at first leaked an entire master cylinder full of brake fluid in the engine bay and that wasn't fun. My dad ended up holding it into the firewall to secure it as I pumped pedal. It helped and felt good at first but eventually went back to normal shifting woes. I removed it.

Also have a Steeda shifter bushing with red insert installed. Felt amazing at first but eventually same shifting woes. Still installed but thinking about trying black insert.

THEN installed white line bushing but a TON of NVH occured so I cut the bottom piece off. Made a bit of a difference and felt more solid before cutting the piece off but too much NVH and with piece off it at first felt better but back at square one.

Thanks!!!!

toomnymods

Established Member
to me the best increase of shifting has been hands down from installing the bmr k member and whiteline transmission mount with the center section removed. But also I'm wanting to twin turbo my ride eventually within the next year and am already looking at upgrade options as far as what I can use for something that can support 800-1000 rwhp.. After I see this stage 2 supporting someone thrashing it with 1000 rwhp I might consider a upgrade to stage two, but as of right now I think a beefed up t-56 magnum would be a more realistic choice as i hate doing things twice and thier just isnt enough hard billet parts availible for these transmissions yet..

Kornilov

Established Member
We're going to be at American Muscle's show and CJ Pony Parts' Customer Appreciation day. Please come by and say hello.

Keith,

I wont be up at those events as Im moving on the weekend of the 9th and will be traveling during the AM show. However, after August, I'll keep an eye out for you guys at events or we'll find some other opportunity to meet up if/when you're in NoVa. My car is currently getting the rearend rebuilt under warranty and the dealer tech says most of my noise was from that, but we'll see how it drives once I get the car back.

Regardless, I would like to check out how your Stage I MT82 sounds.

Rct851

Established Member
Bump from the depths.

Anyone know where I can get the transmission rebuilt and strengthened in Houston? I don't have the skill or time to take it out and ship it out of state.
As of now my only idea is to order the better parts and have it rebuilt at a firs dealer.

My 3rd and 4th gear suck. Shifting into those gears with any sort of rpm or pace results in the shifter not feeling like it engages at all. It gets in the gear but for example for 3rd to 4th the shifter just "falls" all the way back to 4th without any feeling of engagement.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
ANy addiional feedback on those of you running these? Specifically 650+ hp? Mine seems to have a bad synchro now.

How would you describe bad synchro? I think that's my problem but i don't have much experience so I'm not sure. I can get into the gears im having problems with (3,4) it just has no positive or reassuring feeling to it at all

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
How would you describe bad synchro? I think that's my problem but i don't have much experience so I'm not sure. I can get into the gears im having problems with (3,4) it just has no positive or reassuring feeling to it at all

It's probably the shift stop|detent pin as primary culprit, then shift pads...Mine does not grind, but 3rd sometimes feels a bit crunchy, if that makes any sense..LOL

EDIT: FWIW its not hard to pull these manual transmissions. I have pulled the T56 out of my F-boat several times for clutch and broken tailhousing. I had never opened one up before, but it really wasn't a big deal. I wanna replace the the shift stop and shift pads on the MT82 and was planning on doing it when I swapped the clutch, pp, flywheel.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
I may give it a shot. Worst case a box it up and take it somewhere if I can't do it. I'm planning on upgrading the clutch/flywheel/shifter and maybe even driveshaft at the same time. That way just be done with it and feel real good about beating on it

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I may give it a shot. Worst case a box it up and take it somewhere if I can't do it. I'm planning on upgrading the clutch/flywheel/shifter and maybe even driveshaft at the same time. That way just be done with it and feel real good about beating on it

your local...I have a low profile tranny jack if you need a hand pulling it...

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
Johnny come lately on this thread...Thanks for everyone's feedback. Been considering the same thing with my car...MT82 upgrades at Rev or T56 Magnum? PhillyLS1 has me sold (as well as talking with the guys in Baltimore at REV). So PHILLYLS1, I see you were at Norwalk NMRA in 2014. Will you be there again this coming 2015 season? I'd love to get an update and see ho the tranny sounds and feels if that would be possible. I plan on being up there that Saturday for quals and to support my good friends at Finishline Performance and Team Beefcake Racing out of Cincinnati. Let me know what car to look for and where you roughly will be pitted at so I can meet up with you that day IF you are all going. Thanks HEEPS! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread