Revolution Automotive Rebuild info?

WildOne12

Established Member
I'm getting ready to send my car down to Revolution auto for the Stage1 upgrades & McLeod RXT install. After talking with them down at Cecil County Dragway and getting to watch some of their cars run they seem like a good group of people to work with and know what they are talking about.

I will be looking forward to getting the car back & will post up any improvements over the current inconsistent high rpm shifting at the track... Once the clutch is broken in that is.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I'm getting ready to send my car down to Revolution auto for the Stage1 upgrades & McLeod RXT install. After talking with them down at Cecil County Dragway and getting to watch some of their cars run they seem like a good group of people to work with and know what they are talking about.

I will be looking forward to getting the car back & will post up any improvements over the current inconsistent high rpm shifting at the track... Once the clutch is broken in that is.

You won't be disappointed man.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I agree! ^ other than the issues with the Syncros still being weak point I'd do it! My 5th gear syncros dead and I'm on the fence with the rebuild vs magnum xl.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Here's a post Adam had posted one time

76674B43-2892-472A-80EF-A5E467B2C685_zpsd0hjpvvf.png

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I want to see a 650-700hp MT82 holding up to abuse. With all due respect, a MT82 holding 500whp isn't overly impressive

FiveSlow

Established Member
I want to see a 650-700hp MT82 holding up to abuse. With all due respect, a MT82 holding 500whp isn't overly impressive

I'll be doing the rev auto rebuild when mine breaks. So far so good! it's holding up and I'm at 600+..

SCalla1384

Established Member
What are the pros/cons of having synchros rem polished vs cryo treated?

I would think polish would allow quicker and easier gear engagement. Where cryo treat would make them stronger.

Also, what exactly would shot peened do?

SCalla1384

Established Member
I just talked to liberty gear on the phone, real nice people. If you have any questions call them.

Basically what I'll be doing, is having the gears polished and shot peened. The sliders will be polished, the synchros will be cryo treated and shot peened along with the hubs being polished.

Not only will this make everything a lot stronger, it'll engage in gear very smoothly. There was a few more questions I wanted to ask but totally forgot.

It says right on there site, cryo treating is $4 per pound. So having synchros cryo treated, I'm not sure how much each synchro weighs? Polishing I totally forget what he said for price, but it was very reasonable. And shot peen is anywhere from about $20 to $75 a piece.

If you do it this way, you can do it on a budget. I have someone local who can assemble, and disassemble the trans pretty quick.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It is when it's being punished at the drag strip.

I still disagree that it's impressive to hold 500whp. I know it's not apples to apples, but my bone stock TR6060 took 650whp (nitrous) with hundreds of passes and held together.

Holding 500 is good, but holding 650-700 would be worth discussing.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Our Stage 1 trans has been tested up to 700rwhp on a VMP powered car with no issues ....... Also let it be know that, that little old 500 hp motor car. Had over 300 passes on it with no issues (sub 10.7 passes at that) same trans is still alive in another customers car still with no issues....

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Our Stage 1 trans has been tested up to 700rwhp on a VMP powered car with no issues ....... Also let it be know that, that little old 500 hp motor car. Had over 300 passes on it with no issues (sub 10.7 passes at that) same trans is still alive in another customers car still with no issues....

Right on, sounds good. I have a busted MT82 I was debating sending to you guys. It's been sitting in my spare bedroom stuck in 3rd gear for about a year now. lol

D.T.R

Established Member

When you say "has been tested", how many passes is that at 700whp?

Stevenb913

Coyote
Established Member
Would it be worth it to go for stage 2 if your looking for 600rwhp? Stage one looks pretty good, i just dont know the real benefit of stage 2.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Would it be worth it to go for stage 2 if your looking for 600rwhp? Stage one looks pretty good, i just dont know the real benefit of stage 2.

Stage 1 won't really do anything great. Just the bronze pads/brass shift stop. Stage 2 will be much better. Hand dressing the synchros won't make them stronger, but allowing much easier engagement will take a lot of wear and rear off the synchros. With rem gears/shafts and dressed sliders, the trans should shift as smooth as butter.

pwned

Established Member
Might someone be able to supply the website for Revolution Auto? As I may be buying a new 5.0 and doing my research on the weak points they have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread