Rick Dyno Tune

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
u would pay the same fee everyone else would pay...hes just "fixing" all of our tunes...

Hey Linn, can you post up the prices for customers and non customers and all that please..

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
dyno time is $100 per hour.. each person pays his own dyno time
tuning fee is $250-everyone pays this even Amazon customers
1st time Amazon customers $425.. this give you a life time revisions program+ your tuning fees
if you need a programmer-$399..this will already have the life time revison fee in the price so it is $399+$250

the travel fee is divided between each person so it will depend on how many we have

the cut off date is August 7th.. to reserve a time slot you wilhave to contact me and give me your CC info.. nothing will be charged until the travel arrangements are made.. I get do that at least 3 weeks prior to the event to get better pricing ..the cut off date also helps to determine if the minimum # has been met for this event to move forward..

please keep in mind that we are doing this for guys who have already made the decision to be Amazon customers who want their mail order tunes fine tuned on a dyno and anyone who doesn't yet have a tuner and wants to take advantage of Rick being in the area.. he has many years of tuning expereince and knowledge

Last edited:

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Well I have a mailorder tune from RWTD. I have Diablo Predator tuner and I just want it dyno tuned. I feel like the tune I have is leaving alot on the table.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick does not use other tuners work.. the dyno tune you would be getting would be Ricks starting from scratch made from the data from the dyno runs..

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I'm thinking if I should just dump the Predator tuner and buy a SCT tuner w/ lifetime tuning. What do you guys think? Isn't SCT better?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
TPS motorsports is owned by Mike MakThey are in Campbell as well.. OK just to clearify they got my car on 3 pallets completely torn apart from Speed freaks.. They didn't have all the parts whatsoever and they were able to get my car back up and running... They are a completely new company with new standards.. If any of you guys are feeling steered away from them I assure you that they are a good shop.. Good enough for my dad to spend in the upwards of 20k on his PJ there..And me in the upwards of 8k. They got my car running and helped me out more than any of you can imagine.. The gave me a discount on hrly rate, discounted the bill again, and then let me take my car w/o paying the entire bill in full. They only thing they didn't do was the tuning and that's because I took the car back because I wanted it tuned by AED because I don't really like mail order tunes, which TPS understood and was completely ok with.. Like I said I can assure you that this is a new shop entirely.. Give them a shot for sure.. Or just go down there and check them out..

Last edited:

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
Ok this thread got way off topic. Apex no longer exists...were r using TPS' dyno for Rick from amazon to tune! Kingjay I think u are a little missinformed

Now let's get this thread back on topic!!

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Well... seems like AED only uses SCT software. I don't feel like spending the extra doh on buying an Xcal. I minus well stay with my predator. I'm still in.. if the total cost on a tune wont be over 6 bills. Let me know how much total it will be with everything included, tune+dynotime+flightexpenses. k?

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
Ok well seeing as ur a new customer to amazon I think, look up on the thread where LINN posted the prices, we won't know the flight expenses until the flight is set, usually its about 50 to 60 a person.

Once u become a member rick will send u unlimited email tunes if u ever modify the car, but if he comes u have to pay a "tuner fee", and dyno time to the shop because we are using there shop, which is 100 an hour. Most of the time Rick finshes a car within an hour. Honestly rick is the best and I think u will be very pleased with his tunning.

I have sat on the phone with him figuiring out issues before and he has no problem doing that, Amazom definitly has some of the best customer service in the buss.

Users who are viewing this thread