RIPPED OFF? Just bought my term from a Dealership and it has a STEEL block! HELP!!!!

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
wow, you bought a car you know nothing about. lmao
remember, use quality diesel fuel only

Last edited:

red9450

Established Member
Thanks for the laugh. We do the same about different things some point in our lives. But yeah, more research next time and maybe before making a post about it being so pissed off.

96-98 cobras had alum blocks.

so did 99-01s. IIRC 96-98, and some 99s came with the teksid, and the rest up til 01 came with WAP

acrod

Established Member
DOH!!! lmao this thread is full of awesomeness. You might want to research a little more next time by the way.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Thanks for the laugh. We do the same about different things some point in our lives. But yeah, more research next time and maybe before making a post about it being so pissed off.

96-98 cobras had alum blocks.

96-99/01 have aluminum blocks.. 96-early 99 had Teksid blocks, and late 99's and all 01's have WAP aluminum blocks.. (WAP blocks not as strong as the Teksid blocks)

03/04 Cobras have the same block, with a bit of machining to them, that the 99-04 Mustang GT's have. SVT said it was because they were stronger, a lot of members on here "back in the day" when the Terminators were young said it was Ford wanted to save money.. who really knows, and who really cares..

DOHC

Just Mod It
Established Member
96-99/01 have aluminum blocks.. 96-early 99 had Teksid blocks, and late 99's and all 01's have WAP aluminum blocks.. (WAP blocks not as strong as the Teksid blocks)

03/04 Cobras have the same block, with a bit of machining to them, that the 99-04 Mustang GT's have. SVT said it was because they were stronger, a lot of members on here "back in the day" when the Terminators were young said it was Ford wanted to save money.. who really knows, and who really cares..

I care. That block is F'ing heavy.

RussZTT

Established Member
lol well F*** thanks guys. I almost made a real ass of myself!
Almost? When you selected "Post Thread" you did. :lol:

I think what would of been funnier is if you went and checked out all Cobra's looking for an aluminum block. "Shit, this has an iron in it too, next".

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Sorry, I was just talking about teksid and didn't specify. As posted by someone else, the 03/04 mach 1 also came with an aluminum block

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Actually all 99's and a good bit of 01's have Teksids, this has been confirmed numerous times by 2001 owners in the "New Edge" section, some were even quite late in that production year which has been puzzling..

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Actually all 99's and a good bit of 01's have Teksids, this has been confirmed numerous times by 2001 owners in the "New Edge" section, some were even quite late in that production year which has been puzzling..

interesting. thanks for the info. I had a couple buddies with new edge cobras and they didn't have teksid blocks. I don't recall the yrs they had though.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, don't worry about it OP and don't let some of the comments get to you. I'm sure we were all pro's on the Terminators when we first bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread